R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2004, 09:50 PM   #11956
Tech Fanatic
 
pau_kacang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ipoh
Posts: 997
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

one thing i dun like 3r is brake. still same with old one. i already modified brake pad using motorcycle brake pad n already test at evo. i luv this brake like mugen. very grip. ehehhehehe. now still waiting brake pulley. can't race this weekend using 3r. frusteddd
pau_kacang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:05 PM   #11957
Tech Apprentice
 
shukri_ali70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pau_kacang
one thing i dun like 3r is brake. still same with old one. i already modified brake pad using motorcycle brake pad n already test at evo. i luv this brake like mugen. very grip. ehehhehehe. now still waiting brake pulley. can't race this weekend using 3r. frusteddd
I'm currently using RR Evo.
Agree with you Pau Kacang, the brake is not so good...tested friend's FWO5, I think FW braking is much much better.
Pau Kacang, can give me your car set-up?
shukri_ali70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:53 AM   #11958
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by shukri_ali70
I'm currently using RR Evo.
Agree with you Pau Kacang, the brake is not so good...tested friend's FWO5, I think FW braking is much much better.
Pau Kacang, can give me your car set-up?
Try the kyosho APP Brakes. They're great ... very consistant, hardly any brake fade after 15 min. main.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:22 AM   #11959
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SouthEast Michigan
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Try the kyosho APP Brakes. They're great ... very consistant, hardly any brake fade after 15 min. main.
I just re-sand the brake pads' surface once in a while...Unless, my brake fades in a big time!
Matt.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:03 PM   #11960
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by thefuzzclub
i heard the car is very light, 1725g? not so sure. too bad you lost your break pulley? or disc? gud luck and let us know your discoveries on the triple r.
1725g is HEAVY!!! 1725g is the legal limit for ROAR sanctioned racing. Something around 1600g is lightweight.
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #11961
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Try the kyosho APP Brakes. They're great ... very consistant, hardly any brake fade after 15 min. main.
holy sh*t $48 for brakes, that's murder!! I can get really good brakes for a real car for $48.(brake pads) It doesn't even cost $5 to make those brakes and they sell it for $48, what a rip off! I'm disgusted!!!!
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #11962
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 110
Default

I definitely agree with compaq888. those high price are what chase the new comers out of this hobby.
dragoneuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #11963
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default

don't use brake. Just like my car. No brake, you take the brake linkage off, save more weight, fly! Will this be one of your mod, compaqboy?



Quote:
Originally posted by dragoneuh
I definitely agree with compaq888. those high price are what chase the new comers out of this hobby.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #11964
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
holy sh*t $48 for brakes, that's murder!! I can get really good brakes for a real car for $48.(brake pads) It doesn't even cost $5 to make those brakes and they sell it for $48, what a rip off! I'm disgusted!!!!
C888, I did tell you before to concentrate in school and in the end, 'Once you make your way to success, your next kit or engine is as easy as, "I feel like pizza tonight!"'. Sometimes you need to think of all the R&D, marketing, shipping ... etc. that went into a product or specialty option before you knock it. Fortunately, my RR came with it. But otherwise, it would only be 20min of my time clock.

It is expensive, but it does work better.

shukri_ali70 ... I'm sure you could find this brake set cheaper. I just wanted to give you a visual reference, and Tower Hobbies came to mind. I personally love the APP.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:49 PM   #11965
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
don't use brake. Just like my car. No brake, you take the brake linkage off, save more weight, fly! Will this be one of your mod, compaqboy?

you do realize eddie that if I take off my brakes I will be even more faster. You have a hard time keeping up with me even when I drive only in 1st gear around the track.

j/k

Not, it will not be my mod. Even though I rarely use brakes I still need them, if there is a accident on the track or when I get into the pits.
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 12:00 AM   #11966
Tech Master
 
drfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Vancouver Wa usa
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
you do realize eddie that if I take off my brakes I will be even more faster. You have a hard time keeping up with me even when I drive only in 1st gear around the track.

j/k

Not, it will not be my mod. Even though I rarely use brakes I still need them, if there is a accident on the track or when I get into the pits.
brakes? is'nt that whats the car in front of you is for? no car? then the track pipe will have to do, that is why they are there right?
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 03:40 AM   #11967
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by drfritz
brakes? is'nt that whats the car in front of you is for? no car? then the track pipe will have to do, that is why they are there right?
the track pipe is there to make sure you are going the right way. It leads you the right way but hitting it will make your car a paperweight.

All kidding aside, using something else besides the brake to slow down the car is costly. I can't afford that. Just because having no brake shaves 10-20grams isn't an advantage.

Even if I had the $48, spending it on the brakes is ridiculous. Big deal, they will slow you down better when you enter the pits, your pit man/woman is for that, if the car doesn't slow down fast enough they are suppose to catch it by the rollbar, it's one of it's functions. Having no brakes is like catching a cockroach.

Kid, I don't like pizza, because it's greasy and because I'm allergic to cheese. Even if I was rich I wouldn't buy a brake like that.
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:47 AM   #11968
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
holy sh*t $48 for brakes, that's murder!! I can get really good brakes for a real car for $48.(brake pads) It doesn't even cost $5 to make those brakes and they sell it for $48, what a rip off! I'm disgusted!!!!
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:08 AM   #11969
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 188
Default Anyone tried the V one RRR

Has anyone used the V one RRR to compete in races? Is there any modification on the car to make it as competitive as 710, MTX3. Kyosho car has a bad reputation that tons of modifications/enhancement are needed to make it competitive.

I heard the stock gearing is not as fast as the 21/27, 54/48 of the NTC3, what is the fastest gearing if I plan to run it on a large sweeping track?
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:47 AM   #11970
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Anyone tried the V one RRR

Quote:
Originally posted by raceblast
Kyosho car has a bad reputation that tons of modifications/enhancement are needed to make it competitive.
That's funny, I never heard that about Kyosho nitro cars (V ONE series)!?!?! When was this?
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:38 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net