R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-06-2004, 03:58 AM   #11941
Tech Elite

dougday,
mikecatts and InitialD are correct but there may be a little confusion.
I believe they are saying that if you change your ride height by using the shock collars then you will need to reset the droop.

Having said that, we prefer to do pretty much what you do.
That is, we will set up for, say, a 6mm ride height and rotate or swap tyres to maintain that throughout the day. This saves a lot of fiddling with droop screws, but a decent selection of tyres is needed to do it.

For a shorter final we might use some smaller tyres provided the ride height is within reasonable limits but we might need some gearing changes to accommodate them.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:52 AM   #11942
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

D, ride height does not change droop. The reason why you need to adjust droop is to control how much the car leans (weight transfer) between the different size tires. Remember, given the same ride height, tire size changes the roll center as well.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:55 PM   #11943
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Once you instal the front end roll bars, re-ceheck your tweak. The once your suspension is tweak-free, the tabs should line up, parallel to the bottom suspension arm. What this does is literally provide you an eyeball gauge to show you when your tweak settings have changed [thus, your car has become tweaked].

The Hudy set-up book, incidentally, it is downloadable at teamxray.com, explains it really good detail.

^5
Thanks!

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:06 PM   #11944
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
The tabbed bushes have an ecentric hole for the mounting bolt.
When mounted, the front roll bar arms directly connect the left lower arm to the right lower arm.
Unless everything is absolutely spot on, you are likely to have one arm higher than the other.
These ecentric bushes permit you (by turning just the bush) to establish dead equal droop on both sides of the front suspension.
Thank you, too.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 09-06-2004, 03:17 PM   #11945
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
You might need to reset the droop based on tire wear. More droop for smaller tires.
You will need to adjust droop, when your tires wear to the point, you can't make ride height( for nitro cars, 5mm ride height or better. I've found, that, anything less than 5mm will cause the chassis to scrape. Due to either tire-wear and/or chassis roll.) When my tires get this low, I chuck em' and strap on a new or bigger set. When the tires are really low(56mm or less), you probably won't make a 5 min. qualifier. Why risk it?

Old 09-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #11946
Tech Addict

Default The Great Droop Debate!

I posed the same question on the Xray thread and got some interesting answers [thought a bar fight was gonna break out].

It starts out in pg 294. Theisgroup summed it all up on 295.

Very interesting read.

^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:51 PM   #11947
Tech Elite

Default Re: The Great Droop Debate!

Quote:
I posed the same question on the Xray thread and got some interesting answers [thought a bar fight was gonna break out].

Very interesting read.

^5
I already know where you're going with this one. We had the same debate on the Pro 4 thread....Sheesh! I had no idea, people felt so deeply about droop.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:22 PM   #11948
Tech Regular

Default Re: The Great Droop Debate!

Quote:

Very interesting read.

^5
It really made interesting reading. It is the difference between Droop and Uptravel taht is causing the misunderstandings.

There is a lot to learn there
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:53 PM   #11949
Tech Addict

Default triple r

anyone tried/tested the kit?
how does it compare mtx3? 710? or g4?
please share to us

thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:18 AM   #11950

Where can I get Kyosho Cup Rules in English?
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:56 PM   #11951
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Heya Guys,

upon talking to Boner, i've got something to share...

compiled a setup guide from articles off the web and predominantly off this book, XXX-Main Chassis Setup Guide by Martin Crisp...

Have done my best to minimise errors... let me know if i've missed some....

Attachment: setupfindings.pdf
Guys,

i was reading the said book yesterday when i realised that i had made some mistakes regarding Toe. Took the opportunity to make some enhancements to Camber thanks to Joel Johnson on October's issue of RC Car Action.

So here's ver 2.1... apologies on the inconvenience caused...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf setupfindings.pdf (124.8 KB, 222 views)
thescum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:48 PM   #11952
Tech Fanatic

I already tried 3r. this car got nice ratio for permanent track. U can use mugen front diff set for front 3r diff. still got problem with the brake. my brake pully gone out n must change to option part. this car is underweight. now my car in the garage coz waiting option part for brake pulley. tension coz cannot explore that car.
pau_kacang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:33 PM   #11953
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pau_kacang
I already tried 3r. this car got nice ratio for permanent track. U can use mugen front diff set for front 3r diff. still got problem with the brake. my brake pully gone out n must change to option part. this car is underweight. now my car in the garage coz waiting option part for brake pulley. tension coz cannot explore that car.
i heard the car is very light, 1725g? not so sure. too bad you lost your break pulley? or disc? gud luck and let us know your discoveries on the triple r.
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:09 AM   #11954
Tech Regular

Default RRR

Quote:
Originally posted by pau_kacang
Hello Pau Kacang
I dont understand want u mean about useing Mugen front diff
on the RRR. Are you saying that we can use the mugen gears in the rrr diff case or we can use the mugen front diff case it self with the mugen pulley on it or with the rrr pulley on it.
GUINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:45 PM   #11955
Tech Fanatic

u can use mugen front diff casing, cup for 3r. i'm using mugen diff cup at my 3r front diff casing. u must use 3r pulley. tq
pau_kacang is offline   Reply With Quote