R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-25-2004, 03:50 PM   #11791
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: KD

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Your stuff is on the way [don't tell the coppers what the stuff is on they come after you for..uh..ah...speed!]
Thanks a lot, Tom! That ebay coincident was pretty funny too! Looking forward to the stuff.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #11792
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: evo

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Doc, Yeah, I can't wait until my RRR uprights come in. I hear theres a prob with them. But I'm determined to make them work.
Hi KidDynomite...

I got my RRR rear upright and it seems to match well with the FW05R. What kind of problem have your heard?
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:39 PM   #11793
Tech Adept

Default EVO light weight front pulley shaft.

hey, any of you guys have an extra light weight front pulley shaft (not the 2spd shaft) that youll let go for cheap. odd but mine snap in half over the weekend.
and dont really feel like placing an order just for the shaft as i have too many parts for this evo already and have no plans to run this car next season (FW05 is most likely the next caddidate)and the stock shaft yeah i have one but dont want to put that brick on there.
lmk. thanks.
elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:45 PM   #11794
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: EVO light weight front pulley shaft.

Quote:
Originally posted by elephant
i have one but dont want to put that brick on there.
lmk. thanks.
Elephant, I bet you had the 3racing one. Mine snapped too, luckily it was at a lot I was tuning in the day before a race. For some reason they took their existing stock (RR) shafts and added a new pin hole right next to it for the Evo. That just made it too weak. The funny thing is I just got my new one today from tower. Is a hollow steel shaft. And even in the package it feels lighter than the original brick. Once I get the brick out, I'll let you know if it's a big differnce in weight.

You can check it out here:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGGF5&P=7
Old 08-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #11795
Tech Adept

yep, it was the three racing one, is that what that extra hole was for the rr, good to know 3 racing cheese out on us like that.
yeah i may have to put the brick on if i dont find one, but hate to do that as those shaft cars are already yanking me coming out oh well.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #11796
Tech Adept

kiddynomite, thanks for the look up i might get it since its tower.
???is any one else makes ti shafts besides 3racing?and still available in the market?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #11797
Tech Elite

Default Wide wheel shaft

Quote:
Originally posted by boner
mono: thanks for the clear up
esham: do you have the wheel shaft for wide tires? VZ081 (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBXE8&P=7). If not, you will need to use wheel hex adapter/spacer or just let it rub eventually it will get a groove and won't rob any more
I did experienced using this wide shaft with the aluminium collar but it locked/jammed the wheel/hex adaptor when i tighten the tires wheel nut?!! I believe i had wrongly installed the collar. Or should i shim it before i put in the colar?
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:40 PM   #11798
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: evo

Quote:
Originally posted by cvccsi
Hi KidDynomite...

I got my RRR rear upright and it seems to match well with the FW05R. What kind of problem have your heard?
cvccsi, we discussed it on the FW-05R thread. Scroll to the bottom ...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=2

But to save you the trouble, Ziggy said that the guy at RC-union tried them and he said they didnt work. And that the MTX3 are better. NiMo said he heard there was a problem with the up/down movement.

NiMo & I are going to test them out anyways. I'd buy the Mugen set up, but it consists of too many parts to buy. I'm hoping that I can make them work. I should be getting my set from HK next week. I also ordered the new front knuckles to compare geometry to the old ones.

How do yours feel on the 05R? Does your camber link still line up properly or did you have to shim it? If there is an up/down problem, I think I can relieve it with an old steel pillow ball, some heat and a little slow TLC from the drill.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:50 PM   #11799
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi KidDynomite,

I got the parts yesterday (front knuckle and rear upright) and I am almost done putting the rear ones. So far, everything fit well and move properly. I will post some picture if I can get it taken tonight or tomorrow night...
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:15 PM   #11800
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by cvccsi
Hi KidDynomite,

I got the parts yesterday (front knuckle and rear upright) and I am almost done putting the rear ones. So far, everything fit well and move properly. I will post some picture if I can get it taken tonight or tomorrow night...
Sweet! That would be cool, cvccsi. I got my hollow shaft and my composite parts to put on tonight too. On the web, the composites looked light gray. But the ones I received today look almost stock. Make me wonder if the new RRRRRR is using composites. I think Boner mentioned that the parts felt harder than the RR nylon parts. Do the front knuckles look to be the same fit?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:37 PM   #11801
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the bulk head, arms on 3R are composite. You can tell the difference of materials when you build 3R. To think of it 80% or 90% of 3R seem like composite plastics. The only Plastics that are composite are servo saver, ball cups, body post, front bumper.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:13 PM   #11802
Tech Regular

Default RRR

Hey Boner
I ran my RRR today at the air field, and oooHHHHHH mannn
this car is no joke
Also youre right i think that the car does like the setting that you gave me. Powered by my old 3 port JP. There were a few guys at the track and they all came over to check out the car,wanting
to know what was running buy them.
I just want to say to all the KYOSHO touring car guys you must
drive this car.

Boner you have a PM.
GUINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:21 PM   #11803
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

glad you like my setting
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:08 PM   #11804
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Doc, Yeah, I can't wait until my RRR uprights come in. I hear theres a prob with them. But I'm determined to make them work.
Hiya Kid Dynomite,

what the potential problems with the kit that you've heard. Would like to know as i'm in the process of building the kit now.

To the rest,

have a problem with the lower front arm, it seems to bind, not enough free play.... followed the instructions to a T (i hope) and even buffed the exta fleshings off the lower front A-arms....

Thanks a mil....
thescum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #11805

Mind share the setting boner?
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote