R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-31-2004, 08:08 AM   #11446
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to compaq888

ok, i did some research and i might get a kawahara flywheel and bumper, they are a lot lighter. I need to lower the car's weight, to get better power to weight ratio, also with a lighter flywheel i will get a little more revs out of the engine
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 10:37 AM   #11447
Tech Fanatic

c888, if you can afford the Evolution kit,
I would start there. Getting the front servo down really helped me cut my lap times down. Plus the longer front suspension improved handling. It was like night & day.

Think of it this way... if you're going to spend $55 for the bumper and flywheel, save about $80-$90 bucks more and get yourself a V-One makeover. Worry about the weight later. Handling and controllable power is more important and you already have the power.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:59 PM   #11448
Tech Addict

I can't afford it, Plus i got lots of RR spare parts. Plus i'm getting the handling down at the track, the only problem is i need a body with 4 holes instead of three, that way i have more downforce.

I got so much power that i'm only pushing the motor at 60-70% of it's full potential, it's crazy fast.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:39 AM   #11449
Tech Fanatic

c888, I here ya man. But I thought the same thing, and after I converted my car to the evo, I took the extra chassis and all my spares and I built me another V-One RR. All I needed were some bearings which I bought on eBay for $12. Now I have an extra car build for our local 2hr-40min endurance races. Just an idea for ya.

I don't understand the 3 hole vs. 4 hole body? Please explain.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:47 AM   #11450
Tech Fanatic

c888, you should check out what the guys are discussing in the FW-05R thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=22081

jeffreylin discusses the different body handling charateristics. Maybe this will help you choose a body to suite your driving style.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:25 AM   #11451

Dunno what to say but I am interested in a V-One RR and he says that it is RTR except The lower damper turnbuckle or something like that, what is he meanin' ?
JonteJsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:51 AM   #11452
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: running one-way

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
lol yea i know i was just trying to re-confirm my thinking! as you said the thinner the oil the more diff action and you said this results in less traction! since my track has less traction you advised thinner diff oil. And it works!!! i love the new diff oil in it i have so much confidence in it! and im running 40 rears now and the tire wear is much better compared to 37's... i just wanna learn why is 5,000 diff oil in the rear = less traction yet on a low bite track it has more traction... confusing hey?
And thanks for your help and support lately! i've 90% learnt all i need to know about diff oil the 10% left over is full schematic reasons
Cheers
Well... you're on the righ track, but what I said was: with more diff action, you'll have less FORWARD traction (the car will rotate more). Again, this should be adjusted, according to the traction & layout of the given track.
Keep Wrenchin'

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:10 AM   #11453
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by JonteJsson
Dunno what to say but I am interested in a V-One RR and he says that it is RTR except The lower damper turnbuckle or something like that, what is he meanin' ?
Because you used the word "damper", I would think he was talking about the shock. Maybe, he's referring to the ball stud screwed into suspension arm, that the shock connects to, OR the ball end (the plastic connector screwed onto the end of the shock). Either way, I can't see why he wouldn't have those parts. They're very cheap!

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 08-01-2004, 09:15 AM   #11454

No I dont know either... But it was cheap really cheap .. Think I'm gonna buy it ..
JonteJsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:10 AM   #11455
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
c888, I here ya man. But I thought the same thing, and after I converted my car to the evo, I took the extra chassis and all my spares and I built me another V-One RR. All I needed were some bearings which I bought on eBay for $12. Now I have an extra car build for our local 2hr-40min endurance races. Just an idea for ya.

I don't understand the 3 hole vs. 4 hole body? Please explain.
good idea, maybe when i get some money i'll do that. I don't have that many spare parts, just yesterday i broke the shaft that the dogbone slides into, it didn't just break, it shattered into pieces.

Damn, my RBv12 is fast as hell, i had some compression problems so I tightened the glow plug, and I was dead even with an 1/8 scale on the straight, but then the turn came up and i was going too fast and crashed. I'm still at about 160 degrees, and we keep leaning it and it runs faster and keeps cool

the 3 hole vs. 4 hole thing is when i got my bodies for the car they were cut out for a different car, so one of my mounting locations is a big gap because it is a window, so I can only mount it on 3 holes. The car rides good as hell but the back it has no downforce because of no 4th hole so I can't go fast because it spins out.

Yes, everybody told me to get another body, but it is easier said than done, they work and I don't. And it's not because i'm not looking for work, I do look for work, it's just nobody is hiring me. So i'm really on a tight budget.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:01 AM   #11456
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by JonteJsson
No I dont know either... But it was cheap really cheap .. Think I'm gonna buy it ..
Beware of "really cheap" deals! get as much info about the car, as possible. Also, look over the car carefully and get the manual. Good Luck!

Old 08-01-2004, 03:40 PM   #11457
Tech Rookie

hey any of you know what is the best (most efficient belt) to get for this car? and does it seems like the gearing is a bit tall? i already have the smallest pinnion and largest spurr made for the rr, thanks for the help.
bmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:10 PM   #11458
Tech Fanatic

Bman! use the SP or Special Belts. Last for a really long time. If you want to go with a freer belt, try the Kfactory (G4) yellow belts. I haven't tried them yet, since my SP belts take a beating.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:41 PM   #11459
Tech Fanatic

Bman! check this ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5912183711

this will work in your R RR or Evo.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:47 PM   #11460
Tech Rookie

thanks man, i'll give them a try its good to know the g4 belts are the same lenghts.
bmain is offline   Reply With Quote