R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-07-2002, 09:53 AM   #1126
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the LHS here mentioned that there will be new version of VoneRR which will include rear solid axle. But needed to be confirmed.
When will it ever end????

Manticore, do you have any feedback on JP modified engines??
got_speed? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 10:00 AM   #1127
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by got_speed?

It is fast !!!!!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 02:28 PM   #1128
Tech Elite

Quote:

I have a JP modified CX12 and a normal CX12. There is some difference to the JP mod engine, but it is not a huge difference.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 07:59 PM   #1129
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Originally posted by Jonathan

Saw an rr at the track today and confirmed what you have described. WEEAAK. Anyhow, most of us made ours to attach directly to the hubs.

Is this the Same Jonathan who was racing at Delta yesterday in the FOG
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 11:55 PM   #1130
Tech Rookie

Hey HEYALIGNMENTGUY,
Nice to meet you yesterday at the track.
Yes I believe that Johnathan is the Johnathan you are talking about... By the way I was the guy with the RR.. This was the first time I raced this car with no prior setup for the track (ran box stock setup) and the engine wasn't tuned properly. Also this is my first "outlaw" rc car. My other foam car is a 2wd Impact and driving style is different. Oh yeah BTW I think the RR is a good car. It is by no means perfect but the V-One RR is the first one to make a nitro sedan with floating rear body mount in "Stock" form. I plan to make modification to use my Impact rear mount instead of the one Kyosho made. It is looks very similar but I can then put ALL the downforce to the wheels. wahahaha...

Last edited by tiGGo biTTies; 01-08-2002 at 12:52 PM.
tiGGo biTTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 12:37 AM   #1131
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HAG

Yeah it was me... racing in the fog... still beats spectating...in the fog... heeeehhhee. BTW. when is WF going to HK? Really serious about him bringing me back some foams.

TB.

Dude!! I was only stating my dissapointment in a design oversight which could easily be fixed (as you have agreed) Anyhow, it is only my opinion. I wasn't trying to dog anybody. So... Please don't take it personal cuz I really like you guys. BTW. try the gold front spings. makes one-way r's real stable even w/ the soft fronts.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 10:41 AM   #1132
Tech Regular

Who is a good source of Kyosho parts here in SoCal??
Old 01-08-2002, 12:49 PM   #1133
Tech Rookie

Sorry Johnathan , I really like to go to Delta and race with you guys, Sherman told me a lot about you. I'm not trying to start flaming, just want to sort out the misunderstanding. I raced a Serpent Impulse last season I think it is a good car but everyone kept on bashing it so I'm a little mad if my new car gets bashed on...
Yes I still need to setup the car to my own driving style. The thing is I'm pretty impressed with how the car drove because this is really the first time I raced a car like this. I think the car has the design flaw as you mentioned. It wasn't made with a floating rear when the first V-One R came out. The difference wasn't that much between the GRP and RR as I shown you last weekend. I think its up to the us to improve our own car, and don't count on the manafacture to make a perfect car in the first place.
Something I noticed that day Eric V. won with his V-One R and his car wan't equipped with a floating rear, and the third place guy Steve Perez his Mugen didn't have a floating rear body mount. I know a lot of guys made their own I'm just pointing out this. Is it really necessary???? I think most of you think it will. Maybe I'll remove it and try the car with regular body mount and I'll then see the difference.
Well hope to see you guys at the track again soon, I still have a lot to learn about this thing. I'll probably be there this Friday about all day and maybe see you there.
tiGGo biTTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 09:42 PM   #1134
Tech Elite

got_speed:
In So. Cal., you can V-One R parts from Pegasus, in Montclair. Speedtech in Walnut also carries some hop ups. I'm not a big fan of Ultimate anymore, but they probably stock Kyosho parts as well.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 10:18 PM   #1135
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Jonathan: Well well ,nice to see you here,so how was the main, did you get to bump up
WF is already there what kind of foams??
Old 01-08-2002, 10:26 PM   #1136
Tech Master

TB: I like your car can't wait for mine hopefully the next time I see you I won't be looking I will be participating

How do you like that OS TR give you good low end,plus plenty of speed down the back straight & was the centax hard to set up?
I have never had one before always shoe type clutches
I think the cars that are out know are sooo close that its all driving skill, if I bought the latest and greatest evertime someone said something bad about it I would be divorced and living on my tool box at my shop I want the RR because they(KYOSHO)has made verry good improvements to a really good car
So howd you do in your main?
Old 01-08-2002, 10:45 PM   #1137
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
got_speed:
In So. Cal., you can V-One R parts from Pegasus, in Montclair. Speedtech in Walnut also carries some hop ups. I'm not a big fan of Ultimate anymore, but they probably stock Kyosho parts as well.
Thanks Kevink2!!! I'll give them a call....
Old 01-08-2002, 10:48 PM   #1138
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:

Thanks Kevink2!!! I'll give them a call....
hey dude does Ian has everything you need??
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 10:59 PM   #1139
Tech Regular

Everything but that Centax... I guess I have to wait a bit more for it to reach our shores.... How's your RB....I still have that mid-range choke problem....
Old 01-08-2002, 11:06 PM   #1140
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Everything but that Centax... I guess I have to wait a bit more for it to reach our shores.... How's your RB....I still have that mid-range choke problem....
Man, that RB kick ass! too bad I didnt have enough time today, in fact had problem with the centex clutch anyway figured out what's wrong and it is fixed will run again soon!

I left off at leaning out the engine to 190, and the speed is like running my MT12 at 240! this engine is fast! I cant imagine how fast it is going to be when I lean it to 220 to 230! definitely faster than a RS12T!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote