R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-06-2002, 02:52 AM   #1111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer

I hope not. We do not need another foam tire/lola body racing class, thats what 235mm is for. Keeping the touring bodies in my opinion keeps the "identity" of the class. I have no problem with the turbo plugs.
Agreeded!

Allow only 3 Port engines
Turbo Plugs (these do not improve performance anyway), they just work alot better then the current 'standard' plugs
Touring Car bodies only!
Foams or rubber.

I think you will see once the final rules come out, manufaturers will manufacturer and design parts/cars/engines around them.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 03:03 AM   #1112
Tech Elite

I actually use and like foam tires, and lola bodies. However I do not think that these things are good for touring cars as a class in "sanctioned" events. Or at least add another touring class to allow them. I enjoy the spectical of recognisable car bodies being run, and I would actually like to see rubber tires only as this in my opinion increases the "realism" of the touring class.

However an "outlaw" class to accomodate the new solid diffs, wide tires and lola bodies would also be cool.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:57 AM   #1113
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
AMG racer

A floating rear body mount will articulate all the down force thru the rear hubs almost directly to the wheels and thus freeing up the suspensions. More importantly, you can go softer in the springs and dampening because the shocks will no longer have to help do the job of keeping the cars from bottoming out. (from the down force) And a softer setup = greater traction. Those of us who aren't fortunate enough to get the RR are modifying and in some cases ghetto rigging our own floating rear. Mine came straight off an MRX 3. Trust me ... it makes a huge difference.
The loading from the floating mount on the RR goes to the inner ballend of the rear turnbuckle and not directly to the hubs..... I was a little disappointed with this half way house! The end result is that it take about twice the downforce to compress the suspension.... not quite the same as NO suspension compression as with 1/10, 1/8 on-road!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 12:56 PM   #1114
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Well I agree with those of you on that really big island down under but don't you think 2 differnt class's for TC's would be cool I mean 10th scale On Road is neat but the TC market has changed and grown soo much in the last couple of years its crazy
I personally like both rubber and Foam tyres but foams are Way more consistant than rubber, I have spent alot of $$ just trying differnt rubber and inserts just to see what works with my set up,wich intells alot of tyres sitting in a box doing nothing

As for the engines did you ever think it would be possible to get over 1hp out of a .12 wait till some one figures how to get 2 and with reliability thats gonna be scary
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 12:58 PM   #1115
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

So Manticore how big of a trinity sticker do you have you do know all of us wan't to know how fast is fast
Old 01-06-2002, 01:01 PM   #1116
Tech Master

I am sorry Sydewynder but like you have said I can make up that $$ in about 2 hours
Old 01-06-2002, 05:06 PM   #1117
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

I use the kyosho option CVD. they are durable and inexpensive.

I have never used sway bars on my V1R. Since I have bought them long times ago, I will try it out later this week.
Manticore...do you have the Kyosho # for the V-OneR CVD's...front and rear please....
got_speed? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:11 PM   #1118
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by got_speed?

Manticore...do you have the Kyosho # for the V-OneR CVD's...front and rear please....

Got Speed you have 2 PM!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:50 PM   #1119
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I got them....thanks....Let me run one more tank and lean out this puppy(RB-X12T)....
Old 01-06-2002, 05:58 PM   #1120
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
I got them....thanks....Let me run one more tank and lean out this puppy(RB-X12T)....
Hey dude what is your email address again? hotmail, going to send you an email!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:59 PM   #1121
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
So Manticore how big of a trinity sticker do you have you do know all of us wan't to know how fast is fast
Chase the Sun and you will see how fast is fast is the Sun doing !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #1122
Tech Champion

Quote:

You dig out my last year posting ??

I dont have a part number but the CVD is the same front and rear. I am using them in both front and rear too.
Old 01-06-2002, 09:19 PM   #1123
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

You dig out my last year posting ??

I dont have a part number but the CVD is the same front and rear. I am using them in both front and rear too.
No problem Manti..I'll just ask my lhs.....
Old 01-06-2002, 10:37 PM   #1124
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AMG.

If IFMAR doesn't allow it, then it must be good

DTM.

You are entirely correct. Saw an rr at the track today and confirmed what you have described. WEEAAK. Anyhow, most of us made ours to attach directly to the hubs.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 09:36 AM   #1125
Tech Champion

the LHS here mentioned that there will be new version of VoneRR which will include rear solid axle. But needed to be confirmed.