R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2004, 04:30 AM   #11206
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

i didnt get to see the car today i think he was to busy at work... o well. anyway he is selling the car lol and i found a buyer for him today. The car will now have 4 owners! once its sold! lol! and 2 owners have only owned them for 2 weeks each. Me being the first person and the current owner being the 2nd. He wants a FW-05R now.
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:29 AM   #11207
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Guys, I'm still in need for a solution to the throttle / brake servo, bottom(servo ears mounted to bottom of radio tray), mounting problem. Can anyone assist?
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:25 PM   #11208
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

how come nobody answers me?
Can some people show me thir pics of their RR?

Anyway, i finally got the steering right, and the car goes straight, it doesn't have an engine in it yet, but why does the back sqwarm when i push the car?
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:37 AM   #11209
Tech Addict
 
thefuzzclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 704
Default gearing

changing my v1r gears to v1rr evo gears. what is the stock gears for the rr evo? pinions and spurs?
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:30 AM   #11210
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
Guys, I'm still in need for a solution to the throttle / brake servo, bottom(servo ears mounted to bottom of radio tray), mounting problem. Can anyone assist?
The clearences to the tank etc. are a bit tight as you say, but done to the instructions, it all works fine - I didn't on the first build.
Our servo is mounted below the radio tray - where's your problem?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:34 AM   #11211
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
how come nobody answers me?
Can some people show me thir pics of their RR?

Anyway, i finally got the steering right, and the car goes straight, it doesn't have an engine in it yet, but why does the back sqwarm when i push the car?
Sorry, haven't got a pic - no digicam.
What exactly do you mean with this squirm?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:57 AM   #11212
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
The clearences to the tank etc. are a bit tight as you say, but done to the instructions, it all works fine - I didn't on the first build.
Our servo is mounted below the radio tray - where's your problem?
The servo "ears" have a "spine" down the center that doesn't allow the servo to lay flush, to the bottom of the radio tray. Are you using a spacer or something?
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:21 PM   #11213
Tech Fanatic
 
Data's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NCC-1701E, the Enterprise
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
The servo "ears" have a "spine" down the center that doesn't allow the servo to lay flush, to the bottom of the radio tray. Are you using a spacer or something?
you can remove the re-inforce ribs or select a servo that has the ribs on the under side. you might be able to use spacers to clear the ribs from the bottom surface of the upper deck, iff there is enough room for the servo to sit between the upper deck and the chassis.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:37 PM   #11214
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Sorry, haven't got a pic - no digicam.
What exactly do you mean with this squirm?
it fishtails, you can see the front is going straight while the back end moves around too much.
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:01 PM   #11215
Tech Regular
 
boner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 343
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

compaq888: do you mean the rear wheels or rear end of the car move left - right?
I'll try to find my old pictures I might have taken some picture of my v1rr before I converted into evo.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:42 PM   #11216
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by boner
compaq888: do you mean the rear wheels or rear end of the car move left - right?
I'll try to find my old pictures I might have taken some picture of my v1rr before I converted into evo.
it moves both right and left when going straight.
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:57 PM   #11217
Tech Regular
 
boner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 343
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

ccompaq888: I'll assume you installed the steering servo and brand new wheels on your car when you have this "fishtail" problem as you roll the car. Did you check the silver hex nut in the rear upright are tighten to right tension (privot ball retainer). Make sure there's no play on the rear upright, don't over tighten it. A picture of your car will also help us to diagnose your problem.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:37 PM   #11218
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by boner
ccompaq888: I'll assume you installed the steering servo and brand new wheels on your car when you have this "fishtail" problem as you roll the car. Did you check the silver hex nut in the rear upright are tighten to right tension (privot ball retainer). Make sure there's no play on the rear upright, don't over tighten it. A picture of your car will also help us to diagnose your problem.
I think I need to take the back end apart because i didn't assemble this car. I will probably do it at the track because i can get some help on it.
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:53 AM   #11219
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kewdawg
The servo "ears" have a "spine" down the center that doesn't allow the servo to lay flush, to the bottom of the radio tray. Are you using a spacer or something?
I usually just remove the spine. But using the grommets you may not even need to do that. No, I don't use spacers.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:53 AM   #11220
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I usually just remove the spine. But using the grommets you may not even need to do that. No, I don't use spacers.
I try both options (grommets, first, of course). I know removing the spine will weaken the ears. Thanks guys.
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:49 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net