Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-03-2004, 08:17 AM   #11191
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
Thanks for the reply guys
ummm i havent exactly seen the problem he is having as he has told me through email. He just said that the servos wont fit in and they are Standard Servos from the XS3 radio he just got. i told him 100% they should fit. and with the throttle and brake linkages he said something about the upper deck handle is in the way. I told him to just bend the linkages abit (make a slight curve) for it to fit. im waitin from a response back from him.

drfritz: thanks for reply
So if conversion comes with diff cases can he take out the gears from the RR diff and shove it in the new evo diff casing and then just get outdrives for it? doesnt front one ways use outdrives too?

Anyone else done a conversion from a RR into RR evo? had any probs?
the v1evo's front end is narrower than the rr, so that makes all previous rr front end parts like bulkheads, arms, diff casing, outdrives, dogbones useless on the evo. just my s$0.002
Old 06-03-2004, 10:01 AM   #11192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
ummm i havent exactly seen the problem he is having as he has told me through email. He just said that the servos wont fit in and they are Standard Servos from the XS3 radio he just got. i told him 100% they should fit. and with the throttle and brake linkages he said something about the upper deck handle is in the way. I told him to just bend the linkages abit (make a slight curve) for it to fit. im waitin from a response back from him.

So if conversion comes with diff cases can he take out the gears from the RR diff and shove it in the new evo diff casing and then just get outdrives for it? doesnt front one ways use outdrives too?

I have the Evo kit - same problem! This happens when you use an aluminum servo horn. The thick plastic horn, that comes with servo, works fine. The aluminum horns are thinner and have a higher profile. If, you mount the link to the top of the horn, the link will scrape/rub the handle. If, you mount the link to the bottom (with spacers, I might add) of the horn, the link will scrape/rub the fuel tank. I think mounting the servo with the "ears" on the bottom of the radio tray will fix the problem. Does anyone know how?

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC

Last edited by kewdawg; 06-03-2004 at 10:21 AM.
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:33 PM   #11193
Tech Initiate

Default POWER FOAM TIRES

Hey guys....I got a Great set-up on my Kyosho V-One RR and i love the stock foam tires that comes with the kit cause they stick REAL WELL and i'm not too exciting on Testing out different compounds ecpsiecially if i don't end up using them after i bought them......Rubber tires are ok...but to me they don't grip the street like the foams.....

ANYWAYS....DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE PART NUMBERS OR A HOBBY SHOP ONLINE WHERE I CAN PURCHASE THE STOCK FOAMS???? OR MAYBE EVEN A PART NUMBER....OR MAYBE EVEN DIRECT ME TO SOME GREAT FOAM TIRES THAT ARE THE SAME AS THE STOCK ONES? PLEASE HELP ME OUT.....
mr.fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:37 PM   #11194
Tech Initiate

by the way...i run on asphalt....
mr.fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:09 PM   #11195
Tech Master

Quote:

the diff gears are the same in both cars, they did make on of the out drives shorter than the other, the old one way out drives will work with the new one way, you will just need to space them away from the main bearing a little.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:33 PM   #11196
Tech Regular

The stock tyres are GRP's, you can just get GRP's, Best's, there are a couple of other brands which are the same too, i think Elligi's are the same too. Most hobby shops should have atleast one variation of the italin rubber in stock.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:32 AM   #11197
Tech Elite

The Conversion Kit instructions, as well as those for the full kit illustrate how to install the throttle linkages. If you follow them to the letter, it all goes together fine.
There are also specific "blocks" for JR servos when assembling the steering.
And as you might expect, there is also notes on the parts needed to build a front diff.
Tell your friend he needs to do a little more reading. . . . just joking.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:57 AM   #11198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks guys for your time and replies!
He now knows about the diff problem and will only be needing the outdrives. im suprized that the conversion kit didnt come with outdrives. after all it is a conversion kit! i dont know why he is having some much trouble but hes bringing the car out to the tracks tommorrow so ill have a look at it then. And yes he needs to read the instructions more!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:26 AM   #11199
Tech Regular

the evo and evo conversion kit uses stock gear, out drive and pulley from v1r/rr for front diff. The only thing different from V1R/RR is the diff case, evo diff case is shorter/narrower than V1r/rr. That's why evo conversion kit only come with the diff case and not outdrive. I believe all this information is printed on the manual.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:45 PM   #11200
Tech Elite

Nearly . . .

For the front diff you will need the EVO outdrives. - VZ118
For the rear diff you use the "normal" R/RR/EVO outdrives. - VZ015
Old 06-04-2004, 07:02 PM   #11201
Tech Regular

I use vz015 and it works.
TR: Can you measure the dimension difference between vz015 and VZ118 if you still have it laying around? is vz118 longer or shorter than vz015?
Old 06-04-2004, 07:13 PM   #11202
Tech Elite

Well there you go then.
I bought the front outdrives to build a diff for a really tight/small track but haven't actually done it, yet.
Yes, I could do some measurements.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #11203
Tech Elite

Just done the measurements on VZ118.
The pack containd two outdrives and the two pins.

One of the outdrives is the same as a normal/old type.
The other one has a 3.5mm shorter shank which puts the hole for the pin 3.5mm closer to the dogbone. The larger end where the dogbone locates is the same for both.
Presumably this shorter one goes with the EVO short diff case.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:22 AM   #11204
Tech Regular

TR: Thanks that's a interesting finding. The old style outdrive works on my evo conversion kit, except one side seem to be "shorter" but it doesn't seem affect the car when i'm using universal but when I use dog bone it always pops out. Does the VZ118 give instruction to which side to install the "short" shank?
Old 06-05-2004, 04:18 AM   #11205
Tech Elite

No, there's no instructions for building the front diff specifically.
However it should be pretty obvious where it goes, I'd think.
Given they supply a shorter case for a front diff, I'd expect it goes in that short case.
I'd guess it should be obviously wrong in the other side 'cos it won't reach far enough in to be able to insert the pin.