R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2004, 07:42 AM   #11026
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
I heard from a very reliable source that there will be a conversion kit.
Thanks for the pic's Nitropimp.
That conversion kit is going to be practically a whole car, I reckon.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #11027
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

Man o man. I have to let the cat out of the bag. As some of you guys know I sold my V one RR roller on ebay for $202 last week. Pretty good for the hop ups on it. Anyway Last Sunday I type Kyosho Evo under the search and saw a BRAND NEW Evo listed here with a buy it now for $200. The Evo has 4mm chasis front and rear uni's. Aluminum brake brace, LSD rear diff. Kawahara front and rear graphite body post. This roller is loaded. Too good to be true. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...BWN%3AIT&rd=1. I buy it and it arrives today. NEW just as describe but with a new reciever. Man did I luck out. Just when I thought I'd be Kyosholess untill the "RRR" or the "FWO5". I guess I just happen to luck out cause the guy just put the add on ebay and no one bidded on it. I'm sooo stoked. So ebay does have some good deals........ And I guess I'll still be here for awhile.

BTW-Rob hows your car doing??
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:02 PM   #11028
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

Quote:
That conversion kit is going to be practically a whole car, I reckon.

To be honest it looks like Kyosho just redid the rear section of the Evo. A new chasis to fit the new rear bulkhead. Mugen type rear hubs. Bigger gas tank. The front looks pretty much the same. I'm just going to add the M1RR conversion on the new EVO I got and I think I'll be happy for awhile.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:24 PM   #11029
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
To be honest it looks like Kyosho just redid the rear section of the Evo. A new chasis to fit the new rear bulkhead. Mugen type rear hubs. Bigger gas tank. The front looks pretty much the same. I'm just going to add the M1RR conversion on the new EVO I got and I think I'll be happy for awhile.
The front bulkhead is not the same. Also, the front knuckles are changed
I think almost everything has been changed (maybe with the exception of a number of drive train parts and perhaps the front arms)

Last edited by B; 05-05-2004 at 04:30 PM.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:53 PM   #11030
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

will there be a conversion kit from regular RR to RRR?
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:12 PM   #11031
Tech Regular
 
Rob Hochberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 457
Send a message via AIM to Rob Hochberg
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
Man o man. I have to let the cat out of the bag. As some of you guys know I sold my V one RR roller on ebay for $202 last week. Pretty good for the hop ups on it. Anyway Last Sunday I type Kyosho Evo under the search and saw a BRAND NEW Evo listed here with a buy it now for $200. The Evo has 4mm chasis front and rear uni's. Aluminum brake brace, LSD rear diff. Kawahara front and rear graphite body post. This roller is loaded. Too good to be true. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...BWN%3AIT&rd=1. I buy it and it arrives today. NEW just as describe but with a new reciever. Man did I luck out. Just when I thought I'd be Kyosholess untill the "RRR" or the "FWO5". I guess I just happen to luck out cause the guy just put the add on ebay and no one bidded on it. I'm sooo stoked. So ebay does have some good deals........ And I guess I'll still be here for awhile.

BTW-Rob hows your car doing??
Hey Ed,
The car is doing pretty well, I'm working on tuning my engine for the fuel I'm running. I have a big race on the 16th, looking forward to running my car on the banked oval/roadcourse. Those tracks are always fun, the only problem is they wear the left side tires really quickly (we run the oval clockwise). I think as far as nitro goes, I'm going to hop up the crap out of this car and keep it for a while, I don't see anything else I like right now.
Rob Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:34 PM   #11032
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
will there be a conversion kit from regular RR to RRR?
Maybe
but if most of the car has changed, i don't see why one shouldnt just buy the new kit

just my $.02
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:37 PM   #11033
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

Rob you got PM
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:54 PM   #11034
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by B
Maybe
but if most of the car has changed, i don't see why one shouldnt just buy the new kit

just my $.02
i don't have no money, and there is a chance i can trade in my super nitro for one
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:11 PM   #11035
Suspended
 
hudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California
Posts: 124
Default

wow the V one RRR looks alot like its bigger brother the Evolva

I like it
hudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:50 PM   #11036
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: batangas, philippines
Posts: 187
Default

tnx for the pics....
cabworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #11037
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default My NEW ride

New member of the family:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00159.jpg (149.1 KB, 132 views)
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #11038
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00162.jpg (149.1 KB, 146 views)
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:08 PM   #11039
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

watcha think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00163.jpg (149.7 KB, 131 views)
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:09 PM   #11040
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

thanks ebay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00164.jpg (144.2 KB, 112 views)
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:33 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net