R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-20-2004, 08:16 PM   #10936
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Rob Hochberg

Well, I recieved the car today, and I have to say, I was a little dissapointed. The gears were all badly chewed up, so I am going to have to replace every gear. I think I'll go with the 0.8 gears. There looks to be lots of life left on the clutch and the 2 speed. The bearings were all HORRIBLE. I soaked them all in my "special solution " and what was originally clear, turned black. The engine has decent compression, and it seems like it's a mix of 3 engines. On one side, it says MT-12, on the other, it says NOVA, and it has a NovaRossi head. The chassis has lots of scratches, more than I consider normal, he must have run at like 2mm ride height . I attached the servoes with zip ties like I had seen somewhere on this thread before, and it will hold up well. I hope the gold springs will hook up well at my track. If anyone is interested, I can get a pic of the chassis, as I have cleaned it up so far.
Rob Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:20 PM   #10937
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Hochberg
Well, I recieved the car today, and I have to say, I was a little dissapointed. The gears were all badly chewed up, so I am going to have to replace every gear. I think I'll go with the 0.8 gears. There looks to be lots of life left on the clutch and the 2 speed. The bearings were all HORRIBLE. I soaked them all in my "special solution " and what was originally clear, turned black. The engine has decent compression, and it seems like it's a mix of 3 engines. On one side, it says MT-12, on the other, it says NOVA, and it has a NovaRossi head. The chassis has lots of scratches, more than I consider normal, he must have run at like 2mm ride height . I attached the servoes with zip ties like I had seen somewhere on this thread before, and it will hold up well. I hope the gold springs will hook up well at my track. If anyone is interested, I can get a pic of the chassis, as I have cleaned it up so far.
Ouch, did you buy from Ebay?
Quickly! Give that guy negative feedback!

J/K
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:22 PM   #10938
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey man if you need some parts I have a TON of spares for the V1R which I can sell to you for a nominal fee. Most of them are new.

Overall you will like the RR though. It is an awesome car and very stable to drive. I really like the Alfa body on it a lot.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:44 PM   #10939
Tech Addict

AMG- you got PM
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:47 PM   #10940
Tech Regular

B- yes I bought it on ebay, I was considering giving the guy neutral feedback, he didn't use the shipping courier I specifically asked for, and the communication was not great.
AMG- Do you have any 0.8 pitch stock gearing for the car? How about a rear body mount, for whatever reason, the guy decided it needed trimming. He took off the part where it extends over the wheels. Would you ship to the US?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:49 PM   #10941
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
B- yes I bought it on ebay, I was considering giving the guy neutral feedback, he didn't use the shipping courier I specifically asked for, and the communication was not great.
AMG- Do you have any 0.8 pitch stock gearing for the car? How about a rear body mount, for whatever reason, the guy decided it needed trimming. He took off the part where it extends over the wheels. Would you ship to the US?
Thats the bad thing with ebay. You cant leave someone neg feedback without getting it yourself
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:51 PM   #10942
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
AMG- you got PM
I will answer you tonight.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:52 PM   #10943
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi Rob I have the 0.8 gearing and the rear mount set. Will ship to the US.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:09 PM   #10944
Tech Addict

Quote:
I will answer you tonight.
coolz- I'm pretty sure I'll take it. thanks...

Rob- The MT-12 is a Nova engine made for Mugen. It's been modded right?? I hope the guy didn't hack the piston. Or was professionally done? Hey what's your special solution for cleaning bearings?? Mine is some Jack Danial's or some Bacardi 151 then after I'm done I drink in shots. J/k Anyway it's a hit miss on ebay. I still think you got a decent price for it.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:19 PM   #10945
Tech Regular

Nitro- If I told you my special solution, I'd have to kill ya. While I won't say exactly what it is, try using alcohol spirits (the chemical kind ) or electric motor spray to get the grease out of them. First remove one or both shields. Do this in a glass jar or jewelry cleaner, then lightly oil! I'm sure you've heard this before, nothing special. The piston doesn't look bad. I guess he had it professionally done. Yeah, 200 bucks for a V one RR with engine/pipe isn't too bad
Old 04-22-2004, 12:42 AM   #10946
Tech Regular

The reason the ends are taken off the floating rear is so you can fit a sedan body to it. Oh and it reduces weight.... all 2g .
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:27 AM   #10947
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Dexter
The reason the ends are taken off the floating rear is so you can fit a sedan body to it. Oh and it reduces weight.... all 2g .
. . . and so you can bolt the set-up station to it.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:47 AM   #10948
Tech Regular

oh that too
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:12 PM   #10949
Tech Regular

I have just been informed by the seller that I need the body post extensions. Anyone know what the P/N is? I am going to "borrow" the posts off my Xray in the meantime.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:28 PM   #10950
Tech Adept

Default V 1 RR EVO WITH XS3 RX'er

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A SUGGESTION ON HOW TO MOUNT THE XS3 SYNTHESISED RX'er RS300 IT IS TO BIG TO PUT IN THE MOUNT IN THE MANUAL. AND I CANT REALLY FIND A GOOD SPOT THAT IS NOT NEAR THE FUEL TANK.

HELP IS APPRECIATED

GARY
KIMCOM RACING Driver #1
RC8B : REEDY 121 : Nitro-X fuel : Spektrum Radios
gkp5569 is offline   Reply With Quote