R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-06-2004, 08:55 AM   #10621
Tech Regular

Default message...

hi. Im planning to buy a 2nd hand Kyosho V1-S...i just wanna know if there a still parts of this kit if in the future i wanna upgrade it.
mark david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 08:00 PM   #10622
Tech Addict

Thumbs up V1S Parts

I hate to keep bragging about RConsale.com, but they got everything 3Racing makes for every version of the V one.

In stock, fast [last I aw free ship w/ $50+ order] and very priced.

Tower Hobbies still has some hop-ups as well.

Good luck
^5
Tom G.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:23 AM   #10623
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default Re: message...

Quote:
Originally posted by mark david
hi. Im planning to buy a 2nd hand Kyosho V1-S...i just wanna know if there a still parts of this kit if in the future i wanna upgrade it.
yes there are still parts available for v-one S. i still have my v-one S and f your looking for parts locally MANILA HOBBIES and LILS HOBBY SHOP have them. some hop-ups are also available except for the chassis (d gold one)i have to order them from TOWER HOBBIES
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:42 AM   #10624
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

guys can you help direct me to the cheapest and shittest engine that will fit in a v one rr. as i know i can not use pullstart or side exhaust engines. Im basically looking for an engine that is cheap and cost effective in terms of the rebuild kit etc... all comments appreciated guys thanks!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:13 AM   #10625
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Inexpensive engine

Tower Hobbies usually has the OS CR-R .12 for about $97USD. At 1HP, it isn't hateful. Bolts right up! Easy to tune and adjust. I have found it loves to be properly warmed up and the power is comparable to those guys running 1.3hp+ engines. A little dab [and I mean little] of sealer around the carb is highly suggested.

The stock Kyosho RTR engine is not a bad beater/learner engine, but at .5HP, rotary carb it's just not worth all the mods you'll need to fit it in there. Bunches on them appear on eBay all of the time.

The exhaust is cheaper if you can get it from RD Logics $55 incl S/H, since you'll pay about the same amount of $$$ for the exhasut and pipe with all hardware as you would as getting the Kyosho exhaust from towerhobbies.com

^5
Old 03-07-2004, 06:16 PM   #10626
Tech Master

a os cr-r wont fit in a V one RR as its side exhaust setup. v one RR only permits rear exhaust engines. and the only OS .12 engine that is rear exhaust is the OS TR. which is about 300Australian dollars at the local hobby shop.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:50 PM   #10627
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Arrow rr engine

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
a os cr-r wont fit in a V one RR as its side exhaust setup. v one RR only permits rear exhaust engines. and the only OS .12 engine that is rear exhaust is the OS TR. which is about 300Australian dollars at the local hobby shop.
try looking for a .12 STS engine i think they are one of the cheapest engine available and the performance is comparable with those italian made engine
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:50 AM   #10628
Tech Elite

Default Re: Inexpensive engine

The OS 12TR or the STS would have to be among the cheapest - there might be others like a SH or Thunder Tiger or something, but probably not much cheaper than AU$300. The 12TR is a bit cheaper ($280.00) at Radio Model Supplies in Perth.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:12 AM   #10629
Tech Master

yea i know about the OS TR's i thought there was a cheaper rear exhaust engine out there if you say 300 is the dead cheapest then ill just have to go with the OS TR's as they are pretty realiable in terms of life span and i can get them for 300 at the LHS. do you guys know how much piston and lining sets cost for the OS TR's in australia? i asked my LHS and he didnt know. *shrugs* and thanks for ya input guys!
Old 03-08-2004, 06:13 AM   #10630
Tech Regular

Cool V1R Side exhaust vs. Rear exhaust engine

I am new in nitro racing and I have a V1RR. Everyone is saying that V1RR only permits a rear exhaust engine; which I can probably understand...However, my V1RR uses a side exhaust engine. It has a different kind of exhaust manifold (which is not your usual U-shaped manifold) and it allows for my side exhaust engine to fit. Problem is, it is really hard to find this type of exhaust manifold. But I always thought that the unusual shape was done for more torque.
jihernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:19 AM   #10631
Tech Addict

Wink RE v SE

Either can be done. jihernandez is correct.

The trick is on the exhaust manifold you use. Most stick to RE because of its hp advantage and most engines performance engines are geared toward, hummm, ahhh, peformance.

Sorry gang, couldn't resist.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #10632
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

OK fellas I think I can help.

Side manifold for and side exhaste engine Kyosho #39053

Tower hobbies has it in stock for 33.99

I had to dig up my V one R directions since this car has been through all the mods. Thanks to this thread

You will probably need to run the V one R clutch

Cluthch shoes #um210

pilot shaft #vz067

two shoe fly wheel #vz065
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:02 AM   #10633
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
OK fellas I think I can help.

Side manifold for and side exhaste engine Kyosho #39053

Tower hobbies has it in stock for 33.99

I had to dig up my V one R directions since this car has been through all the mods. Thanks to this thread

You will probably need to run the V one R clutch

Cluthch shoes #um210

pilot shaft #vz067

two shoe fly wheel #vz065
With all that money and effort put into those parts it comes to the same as buying a rear exhaust engine me thinks :P

but yea one guy at the local track yesterday told me that i only needed to buy a custom header that faces more upwards. hmmm!!! but not LHS has told me that so im guessing they cant get it!
Old 03-09-2004, 06:56 AM   #10634
Tech Regular

Cool

I would have to agree. I think it is better for me to get a RE Engine. It would indeed be cheaper in the long run.

Another downside of using a SE is that you can't install the middle chassis stiffener coz the exhaust manifold is in the way.

Will just probably have to wait for some "mula" for me to be able to buy a RE Engine. What RE Engine do you recommend? Engines are pretty much scarce here in the Philippines. Mostly OS .12 Engines. There are Turbo types but am not sure if I will be able to handle the power.

Last Saturday was my very first race and I feel that I did not do so bad even if I was last place. I raced with seasoned racers. They averaged 16.5 secs per lap. In the first qualifying, my fastest lap was 22 secs. After a few more runs, I was averaging 17.5 secs per lap. So I guess I did pretty well for a first time racer. I just hope I continue to improve.

Need to know lots more on car tuning and engine tuning. I hope you guys can assist me =)
jihernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #10635
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

V1R kit include mid chassis stiffer for side exhaust engine. It's the rear exhaust that require Kyosho optional part or 3rd party exhaust side reinforcement.

Edit: All V1R/RR/Evo comes with the side stiffer for side exhaust engine. the part is Vz060 ( part #47 on the manual)

Last edited by boner; 03-09-2004 at 10:06 PM.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote