R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-24-2004, 08:49 AM   #10561
Tech Elite

Default Re: More Speed (continued......)

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Ok, I have the 24T pulley conversion in my hands now (still un-opened), but after reading everyone's comments, feel it may indeed be too high of an overall ratio than what I am looking for.

Ideally, a 23T, 2nd gear pinion would probably be the better route to go, but after searching the major kit manufacturers web sites, have not been able to find anything larger than a 22T (from ANY brand) that would possibly fit.
Check K factory, they made 23T 1.0 mod, its actually meant for mugen but it will fit Evo clutch bell as well. I m using it with both my MTX and Evo.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:16 AM   #10562
Tech Elite

Default dameetz;

I've got a 43T spur gear coming and will look around and see if I can find someone with the 23T pinion.

Thanks,
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:25 PM   #10563
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

For my track it isn't. I'm Running 2.5 degrees -toe in the rear and 0 at the front. Like I said, this car has tons of steering. I don't see why I would ever have to toe out the front wheels. What I don't like about this car are the cheap pivot balls, they just snap way too easily. Everything else on this car is bullet proof.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:20 PM   #10564
Tech Master

Talking about the evo, I was trying to find a aluminum battery mount to replace the stock plastic one, does any body make one or am I sol ?
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:42 PM   #10565
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by drfritz
Talking about the evo, I was trying to find a aluminum battery mount to replace the stock plastic one, does any body make one or am I sol ?
unfortunately there is not at this time.

alternative is to use 3racing radio tray rear stand off and with VoneR/RR battery tray and AAA size battery.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:53 AM   #10566
Tech Addict

Default Tip

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
yeap..
vones...tanx!

^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:38 AM   #10567
Tech Apprentice

Post pivot balls

Hey racing4evo,
Try these Fantom pivot balls.
Tower Hobbies part# LXUA68

I've had good luck with them being more durable.

SC
SC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:06 PM   #10568
Tech Elite

Hi Guys.. General question

Any tips on how to secure the Engine mounting from moving and rip off the spur gear. I had afew experience with bad engine mounting which rip off all my spur gear due to bad mess between the pinion and the spur.

On the chasis I did secure the screw with the washer and handly tighten the screw after setting the mess between the pinion and the spur gear. But still after abit knock I believe the gear mounting move and affect the gearing mess. Should i apply loctite or super glue on those mounting screw?
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:34 PM   #10569
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by esham

Any tips on how to secure the Engine mounting from moving and rip off the spur gear. I had afew experience with bad engine mounting which rip off all my spur gear due to bad mess between the pinion and the spur.

On the chasis I did secure the screw with the washer and handly tighten the screw after setting the mess between the pinion and the spur gear. But still after abit knock I believe the gear mounting move and affect the gearing mess. Should i apply loctite or super glue on those mounting screw?
use torx screws !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:37 PM   #10570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

esham, secured ur engine onto the engine mount then find a flat surface n sand the engine mount just enuf to get the whole area of the mount sanded. then apply loctite onto the engine mounting hole only wait for a few mins before securing the whole engine onto the chassis. then nxt time you want to remove the engine just lossened the 4 screws hole the engine with a ball hex 2.5mm without removing the engine mount...so it wuldn't be so troublesome the nxt time u change engine or remove it for cleaning or changing. Ball hex 2.5mm can get frm Hudy or 3racing works fine for me.
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 11:32 PM   #10571
Tech Adept

Quote:

Run your car on the track and when its hot tighten the screws again. Dat shud do the job.....
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 03:39 AM   #10572
Tech Addict

Default Engine/chasis mounting

Quote:

The preceding replies are all good. Especially the one suggesting waiting a few minutes are waiting for the loctite to dry before mounting.

Another thing I do, is to use flat head, hex screws with beveled/coned washers to mount the engine blocks to the chasis. I haven't found an instance in which the heads/washer went beyond the chasis' "flat plane" enough to catch on the road surface. Usually, there's a .2mm to .27mm offset difference.

And of course, loctite the heck out of them. Makes things interesting for engine removal, but worst case scenario, you can use a cut off wheel for the facilitation of a big flat head screwdriver to torque the screw off.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 04:05 AM   #10573
Tech Elite

Quote:

Alloy countersunk washers, Flat head (countersunk) hex screws, Tamiya thread lock.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:58 AM   #10574
Tech Elite

Thannnnnnk you guys... what a clue
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:43 PM   #10575
Tech Regular

Depends what Tamyia threadlock, never have used it on my engine becuase i always thought it was quite mild, the reason u used it on the alloy stuff. I have always used Threadlock 222 with good success but I feel that the most important thing is that u get screws which u can get some good purchase on.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote