Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 09:25 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jscamry
hey all I was wondering where is the best place to buy an V one RR evo? I was wondering is it worth is to buy an v one rr and then convert it to a evo?

thank Jason
If you can buy a decent SH RR....and you manage to get hold of a conversion kit...this is probably the best way..because the conversion kit comes with better option parts than the std RR Evo car...
Old 01-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Where can I get the Evo conversion kit?

Cheers
Old 01-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

the conversion kit is limited offer and it has been discontinued for a while. you might need to check out everywhere if you can spot one kit by your luck.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Weight reduction

I want to make my standard Evo lighter, what is the best things to change? Chassie? main shaft, front bulkhead shaft?

And, will my car be any heavier by adding some alu parts, like side stiffnerr and small 3 racing stuff??

Who makes the lightest main and front shafts??
Old 01-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Weight reduction

Originally posted by Finken
I want to make my standard Evo lighter, what is the best things to change? Chassie? main shaft, front bulkhead shaft?

And, will my car be any heavier by adding some alu parts, like side stiffnerr and small 3 racing stuff??

Who makes the lightest main and front shafts??
Try reducing rotating mass, Main and 2 speed shaft, also look into those new clutch bells .

Overall mass I would say reciever battery. May try AAA five cell.

adding aluminum parts will add a little weight, so may want to take good with bad
Old 01-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default evo foam kit vs rubber kit

hey everyone I was wondering what is the diff between the foam kit and the rubber kit for the v one rr evo?? also where can I read a good review for the evo?

thanks Jason
Old 01-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think there is a rubber tire version of the Evolution.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Worthwhile mods for the rear of the EVO.

Mugen engine mounts, fivestar clutchbell and 3 racing or FW05R flywheel. This gets the engine down low and lighter and I found it added a fair bit of rear grip on transition turns. The side belt rubs if you use the 27T side pulley, but the 25 or 26 side pulley will make the belt miss the header.

Also the kawahara rear swaybar and rear shock tower seems to work great on the car. Seemed to add some rear grip.

I'm all for getting the weight down low but have been concerned with the header contacting the side belt, so haven't done anything - we want to use the full overdrive 25T pulley and really don't like to crank down on the tensioner too much.
How high are the Mugen engine mounts?
What's the diameter of the FW-05 flywheel? - the FW-05 uses the same 3D clutch, otherwise, yeah?

It seems to me we actually need a longer side belt - maybe a job for Course-R.

Thoughts?
Old 01-05-2004, 04:25 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
What's the diameter of the FW-05 flywheel? - the FW-05 uses the same 3D clutch, otherwise, yeah?
33mm.......
Old 01-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm
33mm.......
Thanks dtm.
The FW-05 flywheel can be interchanged with the Evo one, then?

The way I see it, given the standard Kyosho engine mount height is 17mm, the engine can be lowered a maximum of 4mm before the crankcase hits the chassis.
What height are the Mugen engine mounts?
Old 01-05-2004, 06:39 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Thanks dtm.
The FW-05 flywheel can be interchanged with the Evo one, then?

The way I see it, given the standard Kyosho engine mount height is 17mm, the engine can be lowered a maximum of 4mm before the crankcase hits the chassis.
What height are the Mugen engine mounts?
Yep...Flywheel is a direct replacement for the 3D clutch. The FW05R engine mount is 14mm high......you may have problems with the Mugen mounts because of the chassis screw distance...you may need to rework the chassis a little.....but I'm sure Manticore will know.....
Old 01-05-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
Yep...Flywheel is a direct replacement for the 3D clutch. The FW05R is 14mm high......you may have problems with the Mugen mounts because of the chassis screw distance...you may need to rework the chassis a little.....but I'm sure Manticore will know.....
mtx3 and evo or RR engine mount are now interchangable but it is just the matter of the height of the engine mount.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:44 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
mtx3 and evo or RR engine mount are now interchangable but it is just the matter of the height of the engine mount.
Hmm...when I looked at the Shooter mount for the MTX3.....the chassis screw mounts were about 1/2 screw out...I guess there is enough play on the chassis slots to take this up? Anyway..the Kyosho mounts are like mega cheap anyway....thats why I have 5.....
Old 01-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
Hmm...when I looked at the Shooter mount for the MTX3.....the chassis screw mounts were about 1/2 screw out...I guess there is enough play on the chassis slots to take this up? Anyway..the Kyosho mounts are like mega cheap anyway....thats why I have 5.....
i have been using them on both my kyosho and mugen.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Can you use the RR one-ways with the Evo? I will be getting my conversion kit in the mail soon and I just want to make sure. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.