R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2003, 07:18 AM   #10126
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Whats the best 1st to 2nd gear ratio for the V-1-RR to ensure good gear change?

I am using 16/48 and 21/44. This gives me a 1st to 2nd gear ratio of 1.432. I think this is a bit high but have lost my 17t 1st gear!

Is there and ideal 1st to 2nd gear ratio?

Cheers
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:20 AM   #10127
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Whats the best 1st to 2nd gear ratio for the V-1-RR to ensure good gear change?

I am using 16/48 and 21/44. This gives me a 1st to 2nd gear ratio of 1.432. I think this is a bit high but have lost my 17t 1st gear!

Is there and ideal 1st to 2nd gear ratio?

Cheers
depending on your engine power output. if you engine has enough power, why not?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:33 AM   #10128
NUT
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
Default

THANKS DTM.
NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:29 AM   #10129
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 101
Default

Anyone have some experience with options from 3 Racing?? Upper deck and alu parts in general?

And do the Kawahara chassie and low engine mount cause any problems with the belt on left side,?????
Finken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:17 AM   #10130
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Finken
Anyone have some experience with options from 3 Racing?? Upper deck and alu parts in general?

And do the Kawahara chassie and low engine mount cause any problems with the belt on left side,?????
i have been using mugen low CG engine mount and small fly wheel. yes it does interferes slightly with the header and the belt does polish the underside of the header but the belt has never been broken for this reason.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:31 PM   #10131
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kawahara Centax Clutch

I'm contemplating changing my so far reliable Kyosho clutch on my EVO for a Kawahara one.

Do any of you have experiences with this clutch or would recomend a different unit.

Thankyou
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:17 PM   #10132
Tech Elite
 
vones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,022
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Kawahara Centax Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by B4
I'm contemplating changing my so far reliable Kyosho clutch on my EVO for a Kawahara one.

Do any of you have experiences with this clutch or would recomend a different unit.

Thankyou
stick with the kyosho centax or you culd change the flywheel to the smaller flywheel for fw-05 cos the Kawahara centax shoes wears very fast.
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:16 PM   #10133
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Kawahara Centax Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
stick with the kyosho centax or you culd change the flywheel to the smaller flywheel for fw-05 cos the Kawahara centax shoes wears very fast.
Thanks vones,

I didn't know the Kawahara shoes are soft. Do you know if the FW-05 flywheel is smaller than the one from 3 Racing.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 02:09 AM   #10134
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Kawahara Centax Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
stick with the kyosho centax or you culd change the flywheel to the smaller flywheel for fw-05 cos the Kawahara centax shoes wears very fast.
the reason why SS clutch pad wears fast is because the fly weight is too light ! you need to make it heavier to reduce engage time.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 02:41 AM   #10135
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Centax Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the reason why SS clutch pad wears fast is because the fly weight is too light ! you need to make it heavier to reduce engage time.
Hi Manticore,

I value your input and from memory reading this forum you are running swapping your motor/clutch between the MTX and EVO.

Is it better to replace the fly weights in the Kawahara clutch and if so, with what other brand. Or would you suggest maybe the Mugen clutch or even the Centax 3 from the recently released Serpent 710.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 02:59 AM   #10136
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Hey B4! Same 2 cars as me! Evo and T1 NS 3 in the Evo and Novak Brushless in the T1
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 03:05 AM   #10137
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Hey B4! Same 2 cars as me! Evo and T1 NS 3 in the Evo and Novak Brushless in the T1
Great cars they are I have the RS 5 in the RR EVO at the moment and just bought the Xray before xmas with the plan to run stock. Can you send me a pm about your experiences with the brushless as we shouldn't talk about electric here.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 03:28 AM   #10138
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Centax Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by B4
Hi Manticore,

I value your input and from memory reading this forum you are running swapping your motor/clutch between the MTX and EVO.

Is it better to replace the fly weights in the Kawahara clutch and if so, with what other brand. Or would you suggest maybe the Mugen clutch or even the Centax 3 from the recently released Serpent 710.
i use mugen clutch because i dont want to swap around 3D clutch and mugen clutch as i am running mugen and kyosho car.

there is no replacement for SS clutch flyweight.

the 710 centax 3 will only work on 710

on the ss clutch flyweight, there are 3 holes on each of the flyweight and you may insert grub screws up to 3 piece. this make your flyweight heavy already.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 07:03 PM   #10139
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Centax Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the reason why SS clutch pad wears fast is because the fly weight is too light ! you need to make it heavier to reduce engage time.
I'd better start drilling and screwing the HN clutch!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 03:51 AM   #10140
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

G4 has new ball diff. it should fit Vone series. but doubt about durability.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net