R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2003, 10:59 PM   #9796
Tech Adept
 
apmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 127
Default G4 side belt

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
For those looking for a freer drivetrain on the EVO I can recommend the G4 side belt option from K Factory. Manticore put me on to these items and they are quite amazing. Best part is if you already have the SP front and rear belts you can merely change the side belt to get the advantage.
The G4 side fits which of the 2 side pulleys, 25 or 27?
Thanks
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:33 AM   #9797
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
For those looking for a freer drivetrain on the EVO I can recommend the G4 side belt option from K Factory. Manticore put me on to these items and they are quite amazing. Best part is if you already have the SP front and rear belts you can merely change the side belt to get the advantage.
Manticore's a good man . . . . he'd be an even better man if he had the part numbers.

Over in the G4 thread, someone said that the G4 front and rear belts also fit the Evo. I didn't get an answer over there - can anyone confirm this?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:40 AM   #9798
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

all the 3 belts are interchangable between G4 and RR/EVO
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:54 AM   #9799
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
all the 3 belts are interchangable between G4 and RR/EVO
Like I said . . . . You da man, Manti
Have you tried the front and rear belts yet?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:17 AM   #9800
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Like I said . . . . You da man, Manti
Have you tried the front and rear belts yet?
the front and rear belts are not necessary. the long side belt makes the difference.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:30 AM   #9801
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the front and rear belts are not necessary. the long side belt makes the difference.
Your pretty looking alloy bits are not necessary...but you still have them on your car!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:30 AM   #9802
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: G4 side belt

Quote:
Originally posted by apmk
The G4 side fits which of the 2 side pulleys, 25 or 27?
Thanks
25T
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:30 AM   #9803
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Your pretty looking alloy bits are not necessary...but you still have them on your car!!
such as?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:33 AM   #9804
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
such as?
The list would be too long to go through!! Have you finished rebuilding your Evo yet?
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:35 AM   #9805
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

I will be trying the NS5 crank on the the NS3 engine this weekend.....see how it goes. BTW, for those worried about the NS3 engine....don't....the thing has masses of low end torque and goes like stink!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:36 AM   #9806
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
The list would be too long to go through!! Have you finished rebuilding your Evo yet?
almost. i need to redo the battery plug wiring which makes my head even bigger
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:37 AM   #9807
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
almost. i need to redo the battery plug wiring which makes my head even bigger
Use the normal servo plugs and glue it on top this time..........
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:40 AM   #9808
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Use the normal servo plugs and glue it on top this time..........
i dont trust the servo plug when you need to plug and unplug frequently.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:44 AM   #9809
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 135
Default

Hey there if I may ask for advice? Is the front outdrives on the Evo and the RR are the dog bones the same length. I recently lost one of them and need to know if they are the same because I don't think our LHS carries Evo parts yet. Oh, yeah I'm running a one way in the front also. Does this make a difference in the length of the dog bones? Sorry I'm new at this and need advice. Thanks
Naluboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 11:49 PM   #9810
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Naluboy
Hey there if I may ask for advice? Is the front outdrives on the Evo and the RR are the dog bones the same length. I recently lost one of them and need to know if they are the same because I don't think our LHS carries Evo parts yet. Oh, yeah I'm running a one way in the front also. Does this make a difference in the length of the dog bones? Sorry I'm new at this and need advice. Thanks
Outdrives(YES) Dogbones(NO)

The doggies are longer
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net