Old 11-25-2003, 07:53 PM   #9781
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to noobatron

WELL DONE!!!

i'm inspired!!!!!!!!
noobatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 10:20 PM   #9782
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

AMG did you recieve $$$ was wondering if package has left?

Also I used to use yokomo med sprints with yokomo med and soft inserts, when I ran rubber tires. Seems like a long time ago.
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:01 AM   #9783
Tech Elite

Congrats AMG.
I'd say that's no mean feat considering the significant changes you made.

. . . . errr, I hope your not going all "electric" on us, though.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:51 PM   #9784
Tech Rookie

Dear Mister AMG
Just a quick note from that NTC3 you hammered on your first outing.Please note that poor NTC3 only had a little CVX pullstart apposed to your big V8 mt12. By the way who had the quickest lap time by almost .4 of a second?? Just imagine what that poor little NTC3 could do this week with his new MOTOR and hopefully some grip LOL
Seriously though it was good to have you back racing hope to see you on a regular basis i think we are going to have some great racing next year. After the rain on sunday the car and track was definetly better,the track was still hot and the tyres cooked but the traction was definetly better so i wouldn't give up on your tyres yet. I think we just need some more heavy rain to wash the track and get rid of the dust and dirt.
Just remember if you get SHAFTED this weekend there's always next week
barry
sserpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #9785
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by sserpent
Dear Mister AMG
Just a quick note from that NTC3 you hammered on your first outing.Please note that poor NTC3 only had a little CVX pullstart apposed to your big V8 mt12. By the way who had the quickest lap time by almost .4 of a second?? Just imagine what that poor little NTC3 could do this week with his new MOTOR and hopefully some grip LOL
Seriously though it was good to have you back racing hope to see you on a regular basis i think we are going to have some great racing next year. After the rain on sunday the car and track was definetly better,the track was still hot and the tyres cooked but the traction was definetly better so i wouldn't give up on your tyres yet. I think we just need some more heavy rain to wash the track and get rid of the dust and dirt.
barry
you mean that little poor shahtie will flame out next week again?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:03 PM   #9786
Tech Elite

Quote:
Dear Mister AMG
barry
CVX Classic, well that was embarasing then I assumed you had a decent motor!! What were you doing running that in the open class Note when I said hammered I was referring to straight line But I guess the twice horsepower thing may have had something to do with that!!

You are going to be the one to chase for sure Barry Not forgetting Big Phil. It was awesome fun tho with the cleanest racing I have ever had as I mentioned to you on the weekend!

Now you have read all my setup secrets too
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:55 PM   #9787
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
CVX Classic, well that was embarasing then I assumed you had a decent motor!! What were you doing running that in the open class Note when I said hammered I was referring to straight line But I guess the twice horsepower thing may have had something to do with that!!

You are going to be the one to chase for sure Barry Not forgetting Big Phil. It was awesome fun tho with the cleanest racing I have ever had as I mentioned to you on the weekend!

Now you have read all my setup secrets too
That's the problem with this thing called the "NET" there are no secrets.To be fair i would let you in on some of my set up tricks but the problem is that would be entering the DARK SIDE Also most of my tricks are just luck.I'd like to take credit but most of the time it's just a fluke that the car goes where it should

cheers
Old 11-26-2003, 09:02 PM   #9788
Tech Elite

Quote:
That's the problem with this thing called the "NET" there are no secrets.To be fair i would let you in on some of my set up tricks but the problem is that would be entering the DARK SIDE Also most of my tricks are just luck.I'd like to take credit but most of the time it's just a fluke that the car goes where it should

cheers
The worst part is that I thought I had got my car set up so well that I was outpunching you Now I see all my hard work was in vain

Well lets see how I go vs you with a decent engine

Anyway at least I finished both my races
Old 11-26-2003, 09:05 PM   #9789
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Congrats AMG.
I'd say that's no mean feat considering the significant changes you made.

. . . . errr, I hope your not going all "electric" on us, though.
Actually I was just messing around trying things out. The thing I like best with the EVO is that the "tuning window" is much wider, ie you have to try really hard to get an undrivable setup. The only thing which makes my car go off is a totally wrong tire choice....................
Old 11-26-2003, 10:12 PM   #9790
Tech Rookie

Quote:
The worst part is that I thought I had got my car set up so well that I was outpunching you Now I see all my hard work was in vain

Well lets see how I go vs you with a decent engine

Anyway at least I finished both my races
Yes Finishing would have been good
4 races 3 dnf good stats
i guess the old cvx doesn't like running on the lean side.
smoke! who needs smoke
Old 11-27-2003, 05:17 PM   #9791
Tech Elite

For those looking for a freer drivetrain on the EVO I can recommend the G4 side belt option from K Factory. Manticore put me on to these items and they are quite amazing. Best part is if you already have the SP front and rear belts you can merely change the side belt to get the advantage.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:02 PM   #9792
Tech Adept

Quote:
For those looking for a freer drivetrain on the EVO I can recommend the G4 side belt option from K Factory. Manticore put me on to these items and they are quite amazing. Best part is if you already have the SP front and rear belts you can merely change the side belt to get the advantage.
WOW... Did you notice a big difference AMG? I just changed all my bearings to teflon sealed bearings (7075 grade aluminium + military grade quality). Any input on teflon bearings? I've read that they are better than rubber ones in preventing dust etc. from getting into the bearings... just wanted a second opinion.

Where did you get the belts from? I'm hunting afew K factory items myself. But i will get the Team Kyosho alloy pulleys, didn't like the k factory ones. Will this still work with the belts, ie same advantage and effect you're talkin' about?
Old 11-27-2003, 06:10 PM   #9793
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by noobatron
WOW... Did you notice a big difference AMG? I just changed all my bearings to teflon sealed bearings (7075 grade aluminium + military grade quality). Any input on teflon bearings? I've read that they are better than rubber ones in preventing dust etc. from getting into the bearings... just wanted a second opinion.

Where did you get the belts from? I'm hunting afew K factory items myself. But i will get the Team Kyosho alloy pulleys, didn't like the k factory ones. Will this still work with the belts, ie same advantage and effect you're talkin' about?
I have never had teflon bearings so I am not sure. I have used the blue bearings set sold on ebay and I am pretty sure they made my car much freer. They lasted over a year and most of them are still quite good.

I got the belts from Harmony Models in HK. I am using the belt with the plastic pulleys, with the metal pulleys it probably will be even better!

I did notice a very big difference with just the side belt. It is quite noticable! Manticore can tell you about it too! Josh Cyrul was using these belts on his G4 and it was very very free.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:49 PM   #9794
Tech Adept

EEK.... i can only find the M3 belts...

DO you have the site AMG?
Old 11-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #9795
Tech Elite

There are no pics on the K Factory website.

I will attempt to post a pic tonight.