R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-20-2003, 02:46 AM   #9766
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by OZDC
Anthony

I agree with SP, he should know its his home track
Castlemaine has a longer straight than Dandy, this is going by what Glenn told me at the last (rained out) meeting there.
<SNIP>
I just consulted my driver and he agrees, the Castlemaine straight is longer than Dandy.

Anthony, please don't listen to anything I say.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:24 PM   #9767
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to SerpentNewbie

What is a good starting foam tire size...... i drive on a prepared medium sized track here in Las Vegas.
SerpentNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:55 PM   #9768
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by SerpentNewbie
What is a good starting foam tire size...... i drive on a prepared medium sized track here in Las Vegas.
I start mine out at 60mm in rear and 56mm in front.
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:23 AM   #9769
Tech Apprentice

Default Guess what...

*** Please note... do NOT try any of the following stupidity at home ***

You'll never guess what happened to me today....

It started with me going to dispose of some old fuel, I took it down to the back of the shed and being the smart feller that I am I took a cigarette lighter with me to see how it burns .

I poured a bit on the ground and lit it.... it burned clear... then I decided to pour a bit more on and the vapours from the bottle caught fire and BANG ! The bottle and all the fuel exploded in my hand, an explosion you would have heard from at least kilometer away! Anyway by this time the whole side of the shed is engulfed in the clear flames (fuel burns clear) and I'm standing right in the middle so I bolt out onto the lawn... look back and I see things on fire so thinking "$HIT, I BETTER PUT IT OUT", I run back and try and put the fire out and eventually it just goes out... THANK GOD !

So then I walk away looking like a stunned mullet only to be met by my mum who is steaming out of her ears saying "WHAT THE F*%K DID YOU JUST DO?!!!..."

So now I've ended up with half singed eyelashes and a burnt hand ..... a lesson learnt and something I will NEVER do again.... Oh by the way, I expect you guys to laugh it up about this !

Oh well, I still lived to tell the tale somehow ! My punishment... no racing on Sunday !
R J M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:04 AM   #9770
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to noobatron
Default Re: Guess what...

Quote:
Originally posted by R J M
*** Please note... do NOT try any of the following stupidity at home ***

You'll never guess what happened to me today....

It started with me going to dispose of some old fuel, I took it down to the back of the shed and being the smart feller that I am I took a cigarette lighter with me to see how it burns .

I poured a bit on the ground and lit it.... it burned clear... then I decided to pour a bit more on and the vapours from the bottle caught fire and BANG ! The bottle and all the fuel exploded in my hand, an explosion you would have heard from at least kilometer away! Anyway by this time the whole side of the shed is engulfed in the clear flames (fuel burns clear) and I'm standing right in the middle so I bolt out onto the lawn... look back and I see things on fire so thinking "$HIT, I BETTER PUT IT OUT", I run back and try and put the fire out and eventually it just goes out... THANK GOD !

So then I walk away looking like a stunned mullet only to be met by my mum who is steaming out of her ears saying "WHAT THE F*%K DID YOU JUST DO?!!!..."

So now I've ended up with half singed eyelashes and a burnt hand ..... a lesson learnt and something I will NEVER do again.... Oh by the way, I expect you guys to laugh it up about this !

Oh well, I still lived to tell the tale somehow ! My punishment... no racing on Sunday !

ROFL!!!!!!!!!! hhahaha lol that's sum funny $HIT!!!! is this the green shipping container that we stand on at the dandenong tracks?!!? ohhh man, i'm laughin' soo hard my head's gonna fall off....
noobatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:01 PM   #9771
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You Dickhead!
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:29 PM   #9772
Tech Apprentice

Well I sure feel like one ....

Last edited by R J M; 11-26-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:04 PM   #9773
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Well I sure feel like one ....

I think my avatar is appropriate

poor little funny guy !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:28 PM   #9774
Tech Elite

Default Re: Guess what...

Quote:

<SNIP>

My punishment... no racing on Sunday !
No worries . . . . you've burnt your fuel anyway, haven't you.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:51 PM   #9775
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Guess what...

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
No worries . . . . you've burnt your fuel anyway, haven't you.
Nah, my other fuel has been temporarily confiscated cos I can't be trusted !

Oh well... I get to help my cousin build his FW-05S on Sunday, still something RC related .
Old 11-22-2003, 03:57 AM   #9776
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default HAHA

I have not heard something that funny and stupid in ages....
lmao !
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 03:59 AM   #9777
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: HAHA

Quote:
Originally posted by sausage_link
I have not heard something that funny and stupid in ages....
lmao !
That's... that's really comforting to know sausage !

I suppose I deserve all I cop !
Old 11-22-2003, 04:13 AM   #9778
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default Re: Re: HAHA

sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:51 AM   #9779
Tech Apprentice

Ok, sorry for hijacking the thread with my stupidity ...

Back to the topic... V-One R/RR/EVO !
Old 11-25-2003, 05:22 PM   #9780
Tech Elite

Well I ran the EVO on Sunday with rubber tires on our brand new concrete track

Took out a win in the first ever race on the new track so I was pretty happy, but we ultimately got rained out.

I made a few changes to the car to prep it for rubber tire racing and it seemed to work very well.

I swapped the rear end hubs back to the older V1R style hubs with the short 26mm axles. I did this so I could lengthen the rear pivot balls 2mm so that the rear camber change is lessened.

I used the same springs as stock and 30 wt shock oil all around. Also I removed both front and rear stabilisers as the track is quite bumpy and I felt the car would be unstable with them on.

I also ran a front diff with 30K wt oil and a rear diff with the TCD gearset and just the grease.

Apart from those things I left the car more or less stock geometry. However to counteract the increased rotating mass of the rubber tires (they are at least 66% heavier than foams) I installed a 5 star lightened clutchbell, 3 racing lightened and smaller (33mm) flywheel and removed the press plate from the centax clutch so that the flyweights work directly onto the clutch shoe. I also used the red clutch shoe to take some shock out of the clutch engagement and used the lighter original V1RR clutch spring set at 2mm on the adjuster nut with .5mm of end play.

For the body I ran a Lola body with the floating rear end mount and lola front body mounts. It was dubbed the "Red Bulldozer" by the race announcer following a lapping incident. Don't worry I redressed it

I was running a MT12 motor as well which was mostly stock, but I went to a #5 NR plug since the track is quite short.

So all around the EVO seems to work quite nicely on rubber tires, a bit more tuning required tho. I want to work on the gearing (it was lazy out of the corners) and also need to come to a decision on tires.

I was running the new tires out of Korea (I think) called ING. I was using the 27s which had great grip, but I was torching the rears. They came off the track at 65 degress with an ambient temp of 30 and a track temp of 40. I went to hotter tires but they were terrible (I think it was insert related).

And a note for the "shaft drive fans" out there. I was sitting mid pack on the grid and when the tone went I took the holeshot around a NTC3 so savagely that he muttered an expletive or two. Then proceeded to hammer him out of most corners on the track He flamed out mid race so I did not get much more data than that.............
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote