R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-17-2003, 05:12 PM   #9736
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
It was the weekend before...

Same engines... and my car was quicker down the straight and out of corners. I think it was more to do with clutch and 2 speed setting. Once we were both at top speed we were fairly even. But getting out of the corner quicker definatly gives the advantage!!
Yep, but the point is you "optimised" your equipment for "free" while the other guy may think he needed a better motor to keep up with you and shelled out another $500. Optimising a "modified" engine requires even more skill than a standard engine.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:16 PM   #9737
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

yep... exactly... half an hour of setting it up pays off.
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:49 AM   #9738
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to noobatron

taylor, what settings are you running for the dandenon track?

i've been at my car the whole week trying to set it up but it's not working as well as before >.<
can you gimme your setup details, camber, toe, caster, diff oil, bump stroke etc? i know it's a lot...but please... pretty please...
noobatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:48 AM   #9739
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by noobatron
taylor, what settings are you running for the dandenon track?

i've been at my car the whole week trying to set it up but it's not working as well as before >.<
can you gimme your setup details, camber, toe, caster, diff oil, bump stroke etc? i know it's a lot...but please... pretty please...
No problem. Our set-up is as per the kit with the these changes copy/pasted from the previous page . . . . . you really must keep up.

Due to the conditions, everyone was chasing set-up most of the day. We ended up with 45 on the front bar, softest setting on the stock rear bar (should have bent up a lighter one), 2 more caster, 5.5mm/6.0mm ride height, 35/35 tyres, 4mm/4mm droop, Silver springs on the front, Black on the rear.

I think we could have used some lighter shock oil too

The oils used were 60/50 - it might have been better with 50/50 or so.

Remember though that these changes were to accomodate the very dusty conditions we were both complaining about last week. If conditions return to normal next week for instance, it's likely this set-up won't be much good.
The changed conditions may be the reason your car isn't working as well as before.

Post your set-up together with the problem e.g. On power understeer.
The experts will be able to pick out any glaring problems and give you some things to try.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 06:14 PM   #9740
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to SerpentNewbie

I am looking at getting the Kyosho V-one RR Evo verision. There si just a couple of questions that i would liek to know about the car.

What type pf battery is used with this car?

When running foam tires.... is there any type of split you need to run?

Thats all I have right now..... I would surely appreciate the help.
SerpentNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:05 PM   #9741
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing

If conditions return to normal next week for instance, it's likely this set-up won't be much good.
The changed conditions may be the reason your car isn't working as well as before.

Not sure if you have been to Dandy during the week lately Gav but the last half dozen times I have been there, not on race days ,the track is real crap, almost to the point of being not worth running on.

The first few runs last race day was like what I've experienced during the week.

Noob, I'd suggest running the next race day (late Jan/Early Feb though) . You will find it more enjoyable as you'll get a better feel for setup and changes, learn from other guys and hopefully have some fun.

DC
OZDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:45 PM   #9742
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by SerpentNewbie
I am looking at getting the Kyosho V-one RR Evo verision. There si just a couple of questions that i would liek to know about the car.

What type pf battery is used with this car?

When running foam tires.... is there any type of split you need to run?

Thats all I have right now..... I would surely appreciate the help.
you need the hump pack here

you can use AAA size but you need to custom made for it.

you need a split of 2mm for 27T side pulley and 4mm for 25T OD pulley.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:50 PM   #9743
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to SerpentNewbie

Thanks Manticore
SerpentNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:08 PM   #9744
Tech Champion

some kawahara stuff for EVO has been released. and the kfactory ultra low friction side belt works very well to remove belt and pulley friction.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:27 AM   #9745
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
some kawahara stuff for EVO has been released. and the kfactory ultra low friction side belt works very well to remove belt and pulley friction.
Went to kfactory website but can't find the side belt as you indicated. Any advise?

BTW, the rear adjustable anti-roll bar from
kfactory, can it be fitted on the evo?
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 12:46 AM   #9746
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by apmk
Went to kfactory website but can't find the side belt as you indicated. Any advise?

BTW, the rear adjustable anti-roll bar from
kfactory, can it be fitted on the evo?
the belt is not on kfactory website. too bad.

the kfactory rear sway bar is not user friendly at all. the charge one or kawahara one are very good designwise.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:34 AM   #9747
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the belt is not on kfactory website. too bad.

the kfactory rear sway bar is not user friendly at all. the charge one or kawahara one are very good designwise.
Thanks for the infos, Manticore
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:57 AM   #9748
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by OZDC
Not sure if you have been to Dandy during the week lately Gav but the last half dozen times I have been there, not on race days ,the track is real crap, almost to the point of being not worth running on.

The first few runs last race day was like what I've experienced during the week.

Noob, I'd suggest running the next race day (late Jan/Early Feb though) . You will find it more enjoyable as you'll get a better feel for setup and changes, learn from other guys and hopefully have some fun.

DC
Hi DC

I totally agree, I am a regular at the track during the week and since the off road race 2 weeks ago I have not experienced such poor grip at the track,. in the 6 months I have been in the hobby. Before then that track had not been too bad for grip during the week, on most occasions it was better than it was last sunday. When we get some rain I think the track will improve
but until then you will be wasting you time trying to setup your car.

TR.. I read in this forum earlier that the offroaders will not be parking on the track for future meetings, that is great news

Reagrds
Anthony

PS Hi Dexter where were you on Sunday? Didn't see you there
Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 02:37 AM   #9749
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by OZDC

<SNIP>

DC
No, haven't been during the week.
Hmmm . . . come to think of it, we've only ever practiced at Dandy, once.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:09 AM   #9750
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Picard
Hi DC

I totally agree, I am a regular at the track during the week and since the off road race 2 weeks ago I have not experienced such poor grip at the track,. in the 6 months I have been in the hobby. Before then that track had not been too bad for grip during the week, on most occasions it was better than it was last sunday. When we get some rain I think the track will improve
but until then you will be wasting you time trying to setup your car.

TR.. I read in this forum earlier that the offroaders will not be parking on the track for future meetings, that is great news

Reagrds
Anthony

PS Hi Dexter where were you on Sunday? Didn't see you there
Hi Anthony,

Well, what I said was:
The off road guys will be asked not to use the on-road track for their parking lot/pit area in future.

Also, you may not be aware that the off-road guys have been running two meetings each month lately instead of just one, so that may explain the increased dust problem. I'll raise the issue again at the next meeting.

If you say "you will be wasting you time trying to setup your car" I reckon you may be missing the point a bit. While I didn't like the low grip either, the challenge is to make changes to compensate - you can bet everyone else will.

Remember, I'm not the driver, and this is the fun bit for me. I need to extract the problem from my driver, and take measures to fix it.
Even on a normal day, we make at least minor adjustments.
This is why I get annoyed with myself when I use an old servo horn that fails. My driver gets annoyed when he drives badly.
Anyway, this is just fun . . . . DEADLY BLOODY SERIOUS FUN.

Oh, and Dexter . . . . well, we know he's a wimp, don't we.
I think he's trying to tell us he doesn't want the CD job anymore.