R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-22-2003, 09:26 PM   #9571
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Horn. Derived from Horny. Meaning attractive or desirable. Used in a sentence "Thats a horn set of rims you have on your Chevy Impala".

So I guess I am glad its Horn, because I would hate to see some one say they want to SHAG
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:38 PM   #9572
Tech Elite

Results from JMRCA 1:10 GP Touring.

Pos. Names Result Pos Car
1 Keisuke Fukuda 116L 40'11.05 1 Mugen
2 Akira Ema 114L 40'01.38 6 HPI
3 Takuya Itoh 114L 40'01.95 5 Kyosho
4 Masao Tanaka 113L 40'17.51 17 Mugen
5 Yuichi Hamaguchi 112L 40'13.12 9 Mugen
6 Ken Furukawa 111L 40'00.81 24 Kyosho
7 Kyoji Azuma 110L 40'13.54 15 Mugen
8 Masami Hirosaka 93L 40'03.08 2 Yokomo
9 Daisuke Yoshioka 92L 40'16.23 10 HPI
10 Tsuguo Kitade 76L 40'19.12 4 Kyosho

Not much gap between 2nd and 3rd! I think the Kyosho is the FW05R.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:49 PM   #9573
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I second that Ito was driving a FW05....... his exhaust exited the right side of the car...... the racing between he and Ema was very close.

Looks like the FW-05 is doing good!
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 11:02 PM   #9574
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by boom
I second that Ito was driving a FW05....... his exhaust exited the right side of the car...... the racing between he and Ema was very close.

Looks like the FW-05 is doing good!
Also this goes to show that the car makes only as much difference as you have ability! A very different mix of brands in the finals.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:16 PM   #9575
Tech Elite

Here is one for you taylor-r

Old 10-23-2003, 03:11 AM   #9576
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to noobatron

Can i get your input on an idea guys? i came up with it while cleaning my fish tank (i have 2 of the most expensive hobbies out there, NITRO RC and TROPICAL FISH, so i'm litterally eating 2 mins noodles and selling organs to keep up with the dough). With aquariums, you have a device called a 'checkvalve' which goes into the air pump line and prevents water (if ur air pump stops working) from travelling up the air line and into ur air pump. it's small, round all has a piece of rubber, shaped like a roof with a slit in it. while air can pass through, once you blow in the opposite direction(ie into the air pump direction as opposed to air comming out from the air pump), the rubber is forced together and prevents air comming in... gee what a dodge explanination...

well the idea is that if i can use that on the exhaust pressure line from the tune pipe to the tank, i can theoryatically keep the fuel tank pressurized (not letting air out) when i jump off the throttle. would this increase performance in any way?

just a thought ...
noobatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 03:13 AM   #9577
Tech Adept

oh btw, the missues wants to say hi...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga0050.jpg (111.3 KB, 190 views)
Old 10-23-2003, 04:17 AM   #9578
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by noobatron
Can i get your input on an idea guys? i came up with it while cleaning my fish tank (i have 2 of the most expensive hobbies out there, NITRO RC and TROPICAL FISH, so i'm litterally eating 2 mins noodles and selling organs to keep up with the dough). With aquariums, you have a device called a 'checkvalve' which goes into the air pump line and prevents water (if ur air pump stops working) from travelling up the air line and into ur air pump. it's small, round all has a piece of rubber, shaped like a roof with a slit in it. while air can pass through, once you blow in the opposite direction(ie into the air pump direction as opposed to air comming out from the air pump), the rubber is forced together and prevents air comming in... gee what a dodge explanination...

well the idea is that if i can use that on the exhaust pressure line from the tune pipe to the tank, i can theoryatically keep the fuel tank pressurized (not letting air out) when i jump off the throttle. would this increase performance in any way?

just a thought ...
You may have two expensive hobbies but i think the money eating machine is your wife .
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 05:54 AM   #9579
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
HORN! thats a new one may I ask what it means? I am old and am trying to keep up with the language

Oh yea GET IT, GET IT
Join the club, HAG.
Apparently I'm even older than Manti.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 06:46 AM   #9580
Tech Elite

Quote:
oh btw, what did u mean by incontinence pad?
You must be from Adelaide.
It was a little attempted humour - a comment on your engine description as being "WET YOUR PANTS FAST".
It really wasn't worth backing up for, was it.

Just go easy, eh. HAG and I are having trouble keeping up.

Quote:
A non-return valve.
A one way valve.
Maybe an aqua-diode.

Actually, disaster999 seems to be able to combine aquariums and RC racing quite well, as does eddiethefish.

Quote:

just a thought ...
Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Firstly, there's bugger all pressure there in the first place, but how about this.
When you "jump off the throttle" the revs are falling and the engine is needing less fuel delivery, yeah? During this "rev down" phase you are also bleeding some pressure off the tank, but maybe maintaining more pressure than would have otherwise been there.
When you then snap open the trottle, the extra residual pressure in the tank supplies full fuel pressure earlier.
Maybe you could re-profile the top and bottom end needles to take advantage of this, but somehow I suspect there is no such thing as a free lunch.

. . . . you from Adelaide?
Old 10-23-2003, 06:48 AM   #9581
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just took the new EVO for a spin, and all I can say is
I love this car!! I just set it to instructions minus the large amounts of rear toe, and a 19 tooth pulley on the side instead of a 18. this thing goes around corners like it is on rails

Brett
Krupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:07 AM   #9582
Tech Elite

Quote:

Geeeez AMG, you know very well that's a registered design.
I'll have my lawyers call your lawyers.

Oh BTW, does it clear the shocks OK?
Old 10-23-2003, 07:58 AM   #9583
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
You must be from Adelaide.
It was a little attempted humour - a comment on your engine description as being "WET YOUR PANTS FAST".
It really wasn't worth backing up for, was it.

Just go easy, eh. HAG and I are having trouble keeping up.

A non-return valve.
A one way valve.
Maybe an aqua-diode.

Actually, disaster999 seems to be able to combine aquariums and RC racing quite well, as does eddiethefish.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Firstly, there's bugger all pressure there in the first place, but how about this.
When you "jump off the throttle" the revs are falling and the engine is needing less fuel delivery, yeah? During this "rev down" phase you are also bleeding some pressure off the tank, but maybe maintaining more pressure than would have otherwise been there.
When you then snap open the trottle, the extra residual pressure in the tank supplies full fuel pressure earlier.
Maybe you could re-profile the top and bottom end needles to take advantage of this, but somehow I suspect there is no such thing as a free lunch.

. . . . you from Adelaide?

hehe ohHHHHhhh i get it now!!!!!! hahah yeh... i do need one of thsoe don't i? lol

The valve is like a one way valve, air can only go in one way. The idea is to keep some pressure in the tank so it doesn't have to pressurize so much when i jump back on throttle. I'll try it out and let you guys know...

btw, I'm from Victoria where we spend millions on what looks like a bunch of straws for an arch and buildings that look like they were made from 3d jigsaws.... >.<

where are u from?
Old 10-23-2003, 08:01 AM   #9584
Tech Adept

Quote:

oh that's shwweeetttt (another one for u HAG) dude!!! did u make the sway bar? i've lost mine and i'm not shelling out another $60 for a set. i'm gonna get piano wire and make some... any tips AMG?

did u make those? if so? how?... inspire me!!! *looks up at the moon*...
Old 10-23-2003, 01:16 PM   #9585
Tech Apprentice

Default cars for sale

hi im getting rid off my v one r and vonerr,and a whole bunch of hop ups from kawahara,and 3 racing,pm if interested
rcdubs is offline   Reply With Quote