Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-21-2003, 04:29 AM   #9226
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sp Racer
OK then, here I go!

Well...

For Sale.....V one RR !

Has anybody else on this thread seen a FW05R run?
C'mon Lu, it's your turn to gloat.

. . . . do i have to do everything for you?
Actually, the car looked good all day - and how about that free roll, eh.
Sp Racer is much too modest (cough) to say (cough) but he won today's race in a decided manner. Second was Rob Lewis and my driver, third.

Please give us your take on the day, Lou.
We had our own problems - unsuccessfull set-up attempt, wrong tyres, delayed pizza for driver, stuffed engine bearing etc.

Oh yeah . . . I particularly liked those anti-scratch bolts holding the engine in, Lou.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 04:56 AM   #9227
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Tried some more new stuff on the Kyosho today..............

<Big SNIP of interesting stuff>

STS pipe. I picked this badboy up for US $35 which includes the manifold + pipe + springs and gaskets, a full inline setup. That is like AUD$55!!!!!!!!! The price is hella good. And the performance also is very impressive. The bottom end is very very good, and the top end is good, but weaker than my Novarossi inline outlaw (6mm outlet). The STS outlet is only 5mm tho, so perhaps I should not be too surprised with this. Another major benefit is that it is hard coated with some subtance that basically repels oil and dirt!!!!!!!! After the run i merely wiped the pipe with a rag and it was perfectly clean, no staining whatsoever!!! The major thing I did not like with this pipe is that it sits out much wider than the novarossi pipe. The manifold goes a long way out and I need to angle the pipe back inwards to avoid the stinger being too exposed. What this did was jack the angle of the manifold on the motor and caused a leak around the gasket.
AMG, on this STS pipe, I wonder if you'd care to comment.

This sounds like a good pipe for our home track - medium sized, technical.
Presumably your talking about the .12 pipe?
How are those interchangable stingers held in? - do they screw in? The part it screws into appears quite strong.
The header "looks" a bit long?

Can't complain about the price, though.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:14 AM   #9228
Tech Elite

Default Re: gear ratio

Quote:
Originally posted by goodspeed
can anyone tell me what is the highest and the lowest gear ratio the evo can achieve with the new 0.8 module..? how does its compared with the mugens?
thanks...
From Kyosho:
1st. Pinions - 20, 21, 22
2nd. Pinions - 25, 26, 27
1st. Spurs - 60, 61
2nd. Spurs - 55, 56

Presumably third parties will fill in some gaps.

About "how does its compared with the mugens?", well the pivot balls don't pull through the knuckles.
. . . . . is that what you meant?
Old 09-21-2003, 05:37 AM   #9229
Tech Elite

Default Re: Finally it works.

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
Well it's been a long time coming, I finally got the EVO hooked up. The car feels really stable and with someone with better driving ability should make it really hammer around Brendale. So here is the setup, for any of you fellow drivers coming to Brendale for the Nat's I think this will give you a good base line setup to tweak.

<SNIP>

Hey finchy, you sound happier today. . . . thanks for the info.

A comment on shock oils . . I originally set up our car with the kit oils and it has been fine up until today. Today was relatively warm compared to the last time we ran the car - 23 today - last time it was about 12 and I'm guessing the temp has something to do with it.
I was today (unsuccessfully) trying out a set-up with much reduced droop and one of the things that became noticeable was the lack of damping in the front. I changed back to the 60 weight we used to run in the front and it was much better. I plan on going to 70 in front and 60 in the rear. With the R we used to run 60 front and 50 rear.

I guess what I'm saying is that your findings seem to confirm ours - thanks.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:47 PM   #9230
Tech Fanatic

Hey Sp Racer does this mean that you'll be campiagning the FW-05R at the Nat's, I'll be very interested to see that chassis zooming around Brendale. The track has an awesome high speed sweeper ( lots of people through it at full noise). If you do bring it with you it will be the only one there. See you there Luis.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:52 PM   #9231
Tech Fanatic

Yeah Taylor Racing I'm a lot happier today, if fact the happiest I've been with the car since I got it. The good news about the 1/8 worlds has got me pumped. Numbers were down today compared to normal club day, still managed to finish 4th in the main. I held 3rd until the final minute ( another great brain fade ). I'll pm you those coils counts tonight definatly. I'm back from the underground.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:40 PM   #9232
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey Sp Racer does this mean that you'll be campiagning the FW-05R at the Nat's, I'll be very interested to see that chassis zooming around Brendale. The track has an awesome high speed sweeper ( lots of people through it at full noise). If you do bring it with you it will be the only one there. See you there Luis
Certainly will Finchy...I think it will be the only FW05R there

also, What gear ratio do you run on your Vone RR around Brendale?
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:22 PM   #9233
Tech Regular

Luis do you know if Cliff will be there campagining his there too? Have u had chance to look @ our sad beasts yet gav break the news to me in a PM and the other top secret info we talked about.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 12:46 AM   #9234
Tech Fanatic

Sp Racer at the QLD titles I was running 18/22 pinions with the standard spur gear. In my own opion I think that was a little too high, another guy there was running 17/21 and this seemed just right. I'm trying to get some other 0.8 module gears at the moment but it seems that no one has any, you don't know anywhere that carry's the gears at resonable prices in OZ do you.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:36 AM   #9235
Tech Regular

Default 10,11,12 servo savers

Can anyone tell me the different turning characteristics of the 3 servo savers (10, 11, 12) included in the EVO conversion?
Also, how do their differences affect on-power and/or off-power steering?

Thanks
StepPins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:25 AM   #9236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
do you know if Cliff will be there campagining his there too
Nope, I'll be the lone ranger

Quote:
you don't know anywhere that carry's the gears at resonable prices in OZ do you
I'm having the same trouble, the FW05R also runs .8 module gears like the evo...apparently, Mugen have the same gears?
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:18 AM   #9237
Tech Elite

Default Re: Finally it works.

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
Well it's been a long time coming, I finally got the EVO hooked up. The car feels really stable and with someone with better driving ability should make it really hammer around Brendale. So here is the setup, for any of you fellow drivers coming to Brendale for the Nat's I think this will give you a good base line setup to tweak.

*snip*

Hope I haven't forgot anything. I hope this helps some of you. Finally on closing Kyosho are 1/8 world champions, and today at the club meet I mentioned that all those Mugen gear bags now have to be changed to EX-WORLD CHAMPIONS. They took it all in jest but I'm sure some of them were crying on the inside. ( joking).
Seems like you ended up with a setup pretty similar to mine!! Glad that I was in the ballpark, I set mine up on a slippery weekday in 2 hours tops!

Glad to hear that it is coming on for you, this car has huge potential I reckon.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:24 AM   #9238
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
AMG, on this STS pipe, I wonder if you'd care to comment.

This sounds like a good pipe for our home track - medium sized, technical.
Presumably your talking about the .12 pipe?
How are those interchangable stingers held in? - do they screw in? The part it screws into appears quite strong.
The header "looks" a bit long?

Can't complain about the price, though.
Yeah it is the .12 pipe. The stingers just screw in. I used a bit of locktite since it started to come out.

Yeah the header is long, but this seems to work nicely. It is how far to the left the pipe sits which is a bit annoying.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:50 AM   #9239
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Dexter
Luis do you know if Cliff will be there campagining his there too? Have u had chance to look @ our sad beasts yet gav break the news to me in a PM and the other top secret info we talked about.
I haven't had the chance to look at either of our engines yet, but we already know that the rear bearings are toast on both of them.
OK, I'll up the offer . . . . $30 for your engine - as is.

I've been feeding mine conrods regularly . . . looks like I should add bearings to it's menu.

. . . anyway who offended the bearing god's on Sunday? I had a guy with a RR come up to me to to ask where all the rattling was coming from.
I stopped the engine while it was still in one piece - another bearing.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:03 AM   #9240
Tech Regular

That bring the tally up to about 5 people told me in one day! Becuase Jason Chin also missed the final due to an engine bearing. Look $35 for a JP S3 seems a reasonable deal to me don't be too stingey now.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote