R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-17-2003, 07:31 PM   #9196
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Yep, I'm getting what you've got too.... I worked out the price of the AP thing and it ain't pretty .
Yep it sure is expensive. It is unclear from the website what advantage the pads have. They possibly allow you to brake harder and not spin, but for the bux I would not worry about it much. If you are needing to brake hard with a one-way you need to work on you throttle control more
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:24 AM   #9197
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Springs....

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Dude you are a genius!! That one is printed out and stuck onto my pitbox. I can tell you the number of coils on some of the fantom springs if you like tonight. I have the yellows and the pale greens.

Easy . . . send 'em over and I'll do an update to the pic.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:33 AM   #9198
Tech Elite

Quote:
Finally got some more track time up my sleeve..............

On power steering issues. Here is one I don't understand, and it may be due to track conditions or otherwise. I recently installed the Shimo chassis plate and the graphite top deck. After going back to test the car on the track it seemed to have better turn in and also superior on power steering. I then recently installed the kawahara side brace and the fivestar left hand brace back on to the car (Increased the weight to 1730g ) and the car now felt like it turned in better again and also had even better on power steering.

Anybody else felt these changes to their car? Do any of you have both braces on the car?
Can't contribute much to this, I'm afraid. We essentially built the car but substituted the Shimo chassis and carbon top deck. I also used the carbon brake brace from the old car, but currently don't use a left side brace. I was thinking of fabricating one.
I can only assume the increased torsional rigidity helped the suspension to do it's job.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:55 AM   #9199
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Now... this fancy looking AP Brake Pad & Rotor set.... anyone know much about it? I need to do something to the braking or my car because the only way I could prevent the car spinning while on brakes was to have virtually none at all !

Will it help me in that respect?
Mr Lam, (rcmodel)

Sent me an email two days ago saying he would put the soft brake pad on his site by Wednesday and it's still not there. Unfortunately he refused to put the AP pad on the site unless I commit to buying one (wouldn't tell me the $$$ first).

Have you guys seen these items on other sites if so could you share the url please.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:39 AM   #9200
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by B4
Mr Lam, (rcmodel)

Sent me an email two days ago saying he would put the soft brake pad on his site by Wednesday and it's still not there. Unfortunately he refused to put the AP pad on the site unless I commit to buying one (wouldn't tell me the $$$ first).

Have you guys seen these items on other sites if so could you share the url please.
There's lotsa cheap places you could get it .

- Control Centre (http://controlcentre.rctech.net)
- Niki's Hobby ([email protected]) (http://www.nikishobby.com)
- RC Champ (http://www.rc-champ.co.jp)
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 04:30 PM   #9201
Tech Elite

Ohhhhhhhh shiny.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:25 PM   #9202
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Can't contribute much to this, I'm afraid. We essentially built the car but substituted the Shimo chassis and carbon top deck. I also used the carbon brake brace from the old car, but currently don't use a left side brace. I was thinking of fabricating one.
I can only assume the increased torsional rigidity helped the suspension to do it's job.
I think so. I think on a very high bite track that car is trying to twist itself in two different directions on power and therefore when it can twist your suspension geometry can "distort". The new EVO is much stiffer stock however than the V1RR.

I did not notice any improvement on the car on a lower bite track with the stiffening.

Here is a new one for you all. At the end of my V1RR development cycle I was using the 3 racing graphite rear shock tower which is similar to the stock Kyosho unit. I actually liked the feel of the car with this tower, but could not really put my finger on "why".

Did some back to back testing on the higher bite track (Brendale) with this tower and guess what. The older tower felt better in my opinion! I cannot really explain the physics of it all again but I think since the shocks are more stood up the rear suspension is basically stiffer. Running the middle hole the car "unwound" or squared up out of the corner much better on the higher bite track. You can probably get the same effect using a stiffer rear spring on the normal shock towers. Did not test this one......... But I think the more stood up the shocks the less "progressive" the suspension feels.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:00 PM   #9203
Tech Elite

First trial in a tight race track - no success because of technical problem.
1 Heat - Understeer , Adjusted the Front ride height from 5 to 4. manage to get smooth and sharp onpower 180 corner. Need to fine tune more for better cornering off power for short gap at the middle of the track.
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 10:02 PM   #9204
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
1 Heat - Understeer , Adjusted the Front ride height from 5 to 4. manage to get smooth and sharp onpower 180 corner. Need to fine tune more for better cornering off power for short gap at the middle of the track.
The car V1RR EVo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03995.jpg (96.5 KB, 153 views)
Old 09-18-2003, 10:10 PM   #9205
Tech Prophet

Quote:
The car V1RR EVo.
Esham, how do you find the handling of the Frewer Loletta body?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #9206
Tech Elite

Assembly:-
My first comment is the bolting thing. All ok execept the side flange you need to bolt them - troublesome and need to bolt it secured

Handling:-
Seem to me the air flowing and down force is better for this body compare than my other lola body. Probably due to the flange abit higher than the previous version. The car body floating more stable 80% on power corner - sweeper. And I'm not sure if this is the cause my car became abit understeer
Old 09-18-2003, 10:25 PM   #9207
Tech Prophet

I think the side wings / flange of the lola shell may be affecting your steering. Perhaps it's too large? Play around with the side wings. Smaller will increase turn in but decrease stability a little on high speed straights.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:06 PM   #9208
Tech Elite

Quote:
The car V1RR EVo.
Looks incredible!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 11:12 PM   #9209
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Looks incredible!!!
"LOOKS" !!! LOL

I really want to try this body shell and it does look much lower.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:24 PM   #9210
Tech Elite

Quote:
Lola style body is prone to understeer since they have much downforce in rear. You may need to stiffen the rear to compensate.