R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2003, 08:38 PM   #8371
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
your next challenge is to "win" a race in your sleep !
I do many things in my sleep...............
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:42 PM   #8372
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I do many things in my sleep...............
such as ?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 09:25 PM   #8373
Tech Addict
 
Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 703
Default

building another kyosho maybe?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:36 PM   #8374
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

I'm confused. Why didn't Kyosho throw in the graphite upper deck in the kit? It's in the conversion and putting it in the kit seems more logical to me. So then what material is the kit upper deck? Where can I buy one in the US?

Thanks
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #8375
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I'm confused. Why didn't Kyosho throw in the graphite upper deck in the kit? It's in the conversion and putting it in the kit seems more logical to me. So then what material is the kit upper deck? Where can I buy one in the US?

Thanks
Why I dunno, but I would take 1 guess the answer will be price. The top deck is made from FRP (fibre reinforced plastic) and is actually quite a rigid and light piece. I upgraded to the graphite piece and really could feel no significant difference in my car. It does not look good (to most people I kinda like the "flat black" look of the standard Kyosho) but I feel it does the job well enough. Graphite in RC usage is really pretty much the same stuff but with an outer layer of the nicer looking graphite weave.

I have no idea if the EVO has hit the US yet, I had to import mine.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:07 PM   #8376
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Why I dunno, but I would take 1 guess the answer will be price. The top deck is made from FRP (fibre reinforced plastic) and is actually quite a rigid and light piece. I upgraded to the graphite piece and really could feel no significant difference in my car. It does not look good (to most people I kinda like the "flat black" look of the standard Kyosho) but I feel it does the job well enough. Graphite in RC usage is really pretty much the same stuff but with an outer layer of the nicer looking graphite weave.

I have no idea if the EVO has hit the US yet, I had to import mine.
I would have to say EVO may hit our shores some time before christmas

Asia is always the first market to get, the new stuff.
Ever wonder why there are so many cool hop-ups coming out of japan, before we see the kit hear in the states?
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:44 PM   #8377
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Asia is always the first market to get, the new stuff.
Demand for powerful modded (illegal) engines in this region is also among the largest
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:57 PM   #8378
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

Australia's the last place things are released !
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:05 AM   #8379
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Australia's the last place things are released !
Hehehe. Just import the kits man and bypass Yawn Trading. They take so long to get the newest kits it is just wrong. 4 months or so wait for the RR to even hit the LHS I mean come on.

In HK the LHS owner their bought some kits and parts in AIRMAIL to get them to his hungry customers (me and Manticore ) Now that is service not the half assed service I used to get here.

One time I waited 9 weeks for a new oneway bearing for the 1st gear spur.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:10 AM   #8380
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hehehe. Just import the kits man and bypass Yawn Trading. They take so long to get the newest kits it is just wrong. 4 months or so wait for the RR to even hit the LHS I mean come on.

In HK the LHS owner their bought some kits and parts in AIRMAIL to get them to his hungry customers (me and Manticore ) Now that is service not the half assed service I used to get here.

One time I waited 9 weeks for a new oneway bearing for the 1st gear spur.
Yeah... I import most of my stuff from HK too.... a V-One S (lots of upgrades for it ) and a 3PK as well as lots of small stuff.

There's SOME good hobby shops out there but even so they can't compete with the prices.

YAWN Trading ..... nice one !
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:10 AM   #8381
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
...Yawn Trading.
You must be joking... Is that the real company name for the Kyosho importer down under? No wonder it takes them long to bring stuff...

I don't know if the EVO is going to hit the US if ever... Perhaps Trinity might repack the kit and name it Reflex NT EVO
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:28 AM   #8382
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
You must be joking... Is that the real company name for the Kyosho importer down under? No wonder it takes them long to bring stuff...

I don't know if the EVO is going to hit the US if ever... Perhaps Trinity might repack the kit and name it Reflex NT EVO
Naaa . . AMG's little joke.

It's Dawn Trading, actually, and it's likely we will see many "dawns" before it turns up on our shores officially.

. . . . and it looks like I'm going to have to wait another three sleeps for ours.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:36 AM   #8383
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
havent completed yet but want to show off as usual !!!!
Looking good, Manti.
And the Mugen receiver cover looks like it was made for the job.

. . errr, you got a part number for it, please?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:39 AM   #8384
Tech Elite
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 2,379
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Diva
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I'm confused. Why didn't Kyosho throw in the graphite upper deck in the kit? It's in the conversion and putting it in the kit seems more logical to me. So then what material is the kit upper deck? Where can I buy one in the US?

Thanks
And they throw in 7075 optional chassis in the conversion kit too. That's why I got the conversion, not the whole EVO kit.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:43 AM   #8385
Tech Elite
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 2,379
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Diva
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
In HK the LHS owner their bought some kits and parts in AIRMAIL to get them to his hungry customers (me and Manticore ) Now that is service not the half assed service I used to get here.
For some customers who is more starving than you and Manticore, like me, we even flew to Japan to "rob" the hot stuffs.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:34 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net