R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2003, 04:41 AM   #8326
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Oooh, OK.
I guess it's no biggie since we can achieve the same thing with either spurs or pinions - but, yes, there isn't a lot of choice, is there.

So where can I get this "gear ratio chart"?
you can use the mugen gear ratio chart
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:03 AM   #8327
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: Re: EVO Pinions

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yes they will fit. The pinions and gears are actually known as .8 MODULE. I believe this refers to the size of the teeth on the pinion. (I think this is right or close) 1 module refers to a tooth size and spacing where 32 teeth fit on a gear 1 inch in diameter. .8 module means that 32 teeth fit on a .8 inch diameter gear.

Long and short is .8 module pinions and gears will always mesh together since the teeth are the same size. The only time you have a problem in RC is when the motor mounts do not have sufficient movement to fit since one manufacturer uses pinions of a radically different diameter to another. The Mugen and Kyosho diameters are very close in terms of the number of teeth. Worse case scenario is you have to file the chassis mount holes a little to make it fit.
You sure about this AMG?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.
As I understand it, the Mugen and Kyosho 1st. pinions are essentially interchangeable but the 2nd's are not. I was told that Kyosho did some "pitch fudging" of the these gears so that we could change pinions without having to move the engine. I had presumed that the same situation would have been carried over to the Kyosho .8 gears.

At the track I've had Mugen guys wanting to borrow a first gear pinion, but they say a Kyosho second won't work for them.

Manti, since you have both cars, maybe you confirm or deny this?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:57 AM   #8328
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: EVO Pinions

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
You sure about this AMG?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.
As I understand it, the Mugen and Kyosho 1st. pinions are essentially interchangeable but the 2nd's are not. I was told that Kyosho did some "pitch fudging" of the these gears so that we could change pinions without having to move the engine. I had presumed that the same situation would have been carried over to the Kyosho .8 gears.

At the track I've had Mugen guys wanting to borrow a first gear pinion, but they say a Kyosho second won't work for them.

Manti, since you have both cars, maybe you confirm or deny this?
you can put kyosho pinion onto mugen bell and vise versa. but the pinion diameter of mugen is different from kyosho. mugen pinion diameter is a bit smaller and you will have some problem when you use mugen pinion on kyosho.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:40 AM   #8329
Tech Addict
 
mckrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Beach,CA
Posts: 641
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz
Default

Where are you guys finding all these different pinions? I thought the only ones available were the 15t and 21t? Are these made by Kyosho?
mckrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #8330
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 49
Default Re: Re: VoneR to evo ?

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yes you can Kyosho kindly provide a conversion kit.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/rc_model/tou...version-e.html

Here are the main parts:

You will also need the front sway bar(blade type) , floating mount and centax if your converting an R and not an RR.

Last edited by KingWillie; 08-06-2003 at 11:03 AM.
KingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:16 PM   #8331
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: EVO Pinions

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
you can put kyosho pinion onto mugen bell and vise versa. but the pinion diameter of mugen is different from kyosho. mugen pinion diameter is a bit smaller and you will have some problem when you use mugen pinion on kyosho.
Thanks Manti - looks like the search is on for some .8 gears.
I guess in the mean time I'll use the old gears.

While on the subject, I'm curious to know why they supply a new 2-speed clutch in the Evo conversion kit. Are the old 1.0 gears usable with this or have they changed something?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:32 PM   #8332
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EVO Pinions

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Thanks Manti - looks like the search is on for some .8 gears.
I guess in the mean time I'll use the old gears.

While on the subject, I'm curious to know why they supply a new 2-speed clutch in the Evo conversion kit. Are the old 1.0 gears usable with this or have they changed something?
the 2speed clutch that comes with the conversion kit is actually available as option parts for RR. It replaces the original verion of 2 speed clutch shoes. The new shoes has extra hole so that you may adjust the clutch shoes preload just like the mugen or snake 2speed clutch.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:00 PM   #8333
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

start working on the conversion kit last. dissembled the RR last night and I can tell you GP is DIRTY !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:16 AM   #8334
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default V-One RR Evo Battery Pack Configuration?

For any of the guys that already have the RR Evo, or anyone that knows, what is the configuration of the battery pack for the RR Evo?

Straight, hump or any other configuration?

Thanks.
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:27 AM   #8335
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
I can tell you GP is DIRTY !
You're not getting soft are you Surikan?
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:38 AM   #8336
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: V-One RR Evo Battery Pack Configuration?

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
For any of the guys that already have the RR Evo, or anyone that knows, what is the configuration of the battery pack for the RR Evo?

Straight, hump or any other configuration?

Thanks.
hump !

and actually you can put the RR battery with the RR battery holder and bolt it directly to the EVO battery holder.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:39 AM   #8337
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
You're not getting soft are you Surikan?
may be some WD40 might help to clean !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:40 AM   #8338
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: V-One RR Evo Battery Pack Configuration?

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

and actually you can put the RR battery with the RR battery holder and bolt it directly to the EVO battery holder.
if you use AAA pack !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 12:59 AM   #8339
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
may be some WD40 might help to clean !
NO,NO it is only for freeing rusty bolts and tuning engines!:
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:08 AM   #8340
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

OK guys, I finished it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im000044.jpg (89.4 KB, 106 views)
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net