R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2001, 02:53 AM   #811
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer


Do the shore ratings of foams refer to how much grip they are going to provide? I was using 32 shore front and rear and I have been told this is far too soft and will generate much grip...... I was recommended 40 shore front and rear.......
I usually use 45 for front and 42 for rear. If I need more steering, I will use 42 all around.
White cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 03:10 AM   #812
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by White cat


It should be less wear.
whoops

I stick with 45 front, 40 rear on 99% of tracks, and will ocasionally drop to 37 rear on colder less traction tracks
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:12 PM   #813
Tech Adept
 
DCR1TWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo


Thanks manticore for your opinion. Actually I know the unit will seize a little power from the car since it attaches to the crank, and will a little weight to the rotating mass of the crank., but I notice that maybe with a little modification, kind of interesting just looking at it, iof I can make a forced air induction system for it, since it butts right next to the carb opening. Maybe have it act like a supercharger LOL. Here is a pic of it...:



Another View:

I just purchased the fan, but I can't seem to get it to fit. How did you get your fan to fit with the air filter on? I have a MT12 and the air filter pushes up against the fan assembly.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:46 PM   #814
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DCR1TWO


I just purchased the fan, but I can't seem to get it to fit. How did you get your fan to fit with the air filter on? I have a MT12 and the air filter pushes up against the fan assembly.
What engine is that?
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 11:52 PM   #815
Tech Adept
 
DCR1TWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi


What engine is that?
It's the Mugen version of the Nova Rossi
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 10:41 AM   #816
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DCR1TWO


I just purchased the fan, but I can't seem to get it to fit. How did you get your fan to fit with the air filter on? I have a MT12 and the air filter pushes up against the fan assembly.
You can do one of 2 things...

1. Get a smaller air filter. There are some air filters that are really small. If you're like me, I only race on prepped tracked that is pre blown, so dust is not that big of an issue, so using the small filter isn't really a problem, or

2. Move the fan forward past the air filter. The fan slides back and forth on the brace, so you can move it forward.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:25 AM   #817
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

have you got a pic of the fan installed? interesting to see it before i buy one. do you think it makes a difference? do you loose power?
__________________
Kyosho Superten FW-04, O.S. 4 stroke conversion, fully optioned, shelf queen... my baby!
nitro dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 09:48 AM   #818
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nitro dave
have you got a pic of the fan installed? interesting to see it before i buy one. do you think it makes a difference? do you loose power?
Here is a repost to the links with pics of the fan installed:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/artdelmun...c=ph%26.view=t

Another View:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/artdelmun...c=ph%26.view=t
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 10:08 AM   #819
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

the VonrRR has arrivd here. price is less then US$250. the rear floating body support is cool
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 12:56 PM   #820
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the VonrRR has arrivd here. price is less then US$250. the rear floating body support is cool
It comes with a normal rear diff I presume...So you getting another new kit or are you gona just hop up your present one?
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:10 PM   #821
Tech Adept
 
DCR1TWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo


You can do one of 2 things...

1. Get a smaller air filter. There are some air filters that are really small. If you're like me, I only race on prepped tracked that is pre blown, so dust is not that big of an issue, so using the small filter isn't really a problem, or

2. Move the fan forward past the air filter. The fan slides back and forth on the brace, so you can move it forward.
It won't fit at all with the air filter I have. I guess I'm going to have to purchase a smaller air filter.

Have you noticed that big of a difference in your engine temperature with the fan installed? I really don't want to purchase a new air filter if it's not worth it.

Thanks for your help.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:40 PM   #822
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 59
Default

So what does it take to convert the rr to normal version? For instance if I were to run rubber with sedan body.
kyosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:15 PM   #823
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo


Here is a repost to the links with pics of the fan installed:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/artdelmun...c=ph%26.view=t

Another View:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/artdelmun...c=ph%26.view=t
i cant view the pics, it keeps asking me for a password to log in. can you put the pics up for me or email the pics to me?

btw - what do you think of the FW-04? i am thinking about getting one.
__________________
Kyosho Superten FW-04, O.S. 4 stroke conversion, fully optioned, shelf queen... my baby!
nitro dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:29 PM   #824
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler

It comes with a normal rear diff I presume...So you getting another new kit or are you gona just hop up your present one?
I dont think it comes with the LSD with the kit. I saw a guy assembled a V1RR at LSH. the rear floating body support is cool but it does add some weight to the car. the front sway bar set is great too and I am awaiting for the option parts of this two to arrive to make my V1R to V1Rr !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:33 PM   #825
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


I dont think it comes with the LSD with the kit. I saw a guy assembled a V1RR at LSH. the rear floating body support is cool but it does add some weight to the car. the front sway bar set is great too and I am awaiting for the option parts of this two to arrive to make my V1R to V1Rr !

Hey Manticore I think MSN is calling you to log on!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:07 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net