Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 01:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by AMGRacer

Do the shore ratings of foams refer to how much grip they are going to provide? I was using 32 shore front and rear and I have been told this is far too soft and will generate much grip...... I was recommended 40 shore front and rear.......
I usually use 45 for front and 42 for rear. If I need more steering, I will use 42 all around.
Old 12-05-2001, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by White cat

It should be less wear.
whoops

I stick with 45 front, 40 rear on 99% of tracks, and will ocasionally drop to 37 rear on colder less traction tracks
Old 12-05-2001, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by adelmundo

Thanks manticore for your opinion. Actually I know the unit will seize a little power from the car since it attaches to the crank, and will a little weight to the rotating mass of the crank., but I notice that maybe with a little modification, kind of interesting just looking at it, iof I can make a forced air induction system for it, since it butts right next to the carb opening. Maybe have it act like a supercharger LOL. Here is a pic of it...:

Another View:

I just purchased the fan, but I can't seem to get it to fit. How did you get your fan to fit with the air filter on? I have a MT12 and the air filter pushes up against the fan assembly.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by DCR1TWO

I just purchased the fan, but I can't seem to get it to fit. How did you get your fan to fit with the air filter on? I have a MT12 and the air filter pushes up against the fan assembly.
What engine is that?
Old 12-05-2001, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Novarossi

What engine is that?
It's the Mugen version of the Nova Rossi
Old 12-06-2001, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by DCR1TWO

You can do one of 2 things...

1. Get a smaller air filter. There are some air filters that are really small. If you're like me, I only race on prepped tracked that is pre blown, so dust is not that big of an issue, so using the small filter isn't really a problem, or

2. Move the fan forward past the air filter. The fan slides back and forth on the brace, so you can move it forward.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

have you got a pic of the fan installed? interesting to see it before i buy one. do you think it makes a difference? do you loose power?
Old 12-07-2001, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by nitro dave
have you got a pic of the fan installed? interesting to see it before i buy one. do you think it makes a difference? do you loose power?
Here is a repost to the links with pics of the fan installed:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/artdelmun...c=ph%26.view=t

Another View:

Old 12-07-2001, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

the VonrRR has arrivd here. price is less then US$250. the rear floating body support is cool
Old 12-07-2001, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore
the VonrRR has arrivd here. price is less then US$250. the rear floating body support is cool
It comes with a normal rear diff I presume...So you getting another new kit or are you gona just hop up your present one?
Old 12-07-2001, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

You can do one of 2 things...

1. Get a smaller air filter. There are some air filters that are really small. If you're like me, I only race on prepped tracked that is pre blown, so dust is not that big of an issue, so using the small filter isn't really a problem, or

2. Move the fan forward past the air filter. The fan slides back and forth on the brace, so you can move it forward.
It won't fit at all with the air filter I have. I guess I'm going to have to purchase a smaller air filter.

Have you noticed that big of a difference in your engine temperature with the fan installed? I really don't want to purchase a new air filter if it's not worth it.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

So what does it take to convert the rr to normal version? For instance if I were to run rubber with sedan body.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here is a repost to the links with pics of the fan installed:

Another View:

i cant view the pics, it keeps asking me for a password to log in. can you put the pics up for me or email the pics to me?

btw - what do you think of the FW-04? i am thinking about getting one.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mauler

It comes with a normal rear diff I presume...So you getting another new kit or are you gona just hop up your present one?
I dont think it comes with the LSD with the kit. I saw a guy assembled a V1RR at LSH. the rear floating body support is cool but it does add some weight to the car. the front sway bar set is great too and I am awaiting for the option parts of this two to arrive to make my V1R to V1Rr !
Old 12-07-2001, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore

I dont think it comes with the LSD with the kit. I saw a guy assembled a V1RR at LSH. the rear floating body support is cool but it does add some weight to the car. the front sway bar set is great too and I am awaiting for the option parts of this two to arrive to make my V1R to V1Rr !

Hey Manticore I think MSN is calling you to log on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.