R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-09-2003, 07:57 PM   #7741
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default M1RR drivers, help!!

hi to all M1RR drivers,
need your input here. i recently installed the m1rr setup in the rear of my v1rr, its a LOT of difference in handling. v1rr rear droop was 6mm on hudy guage, m1rr was set to 6mm also, upper link's shim was tested using 4mm and it makes the rear loose. reduce the shim to 1mm and its better but not as stable as v1rr setup. next change was to reduce rear droop to 5mm with 1 mm shim, getting better but still not as stable as v1rr setup. so any advice on how i should proceed from here? the track is layed on a tennis court with good traction and minor bumps. thanks in advance.

alan.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:04 PM   #7742
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: M1RR drivers, help!!

Quote:
Originally posted by alana07
hi to all M1RR drivers,
need your input here. i recently installed the m1rr setup in the rear of my v1rr, its a LOT of difference in handling. v1rr rear droop was 6mm on hudy guage, m1rr was set to 6mm also, upper link's shim was tested using 4mm and it makes the rear loose. reduce the shim to 1mm and its better but not as stable as v1rr setup. next change was to reduce rear droop to 5mm with 1 mm shim, getting better but still not as stable as v1rr setup. so any advice on how i should proceed from here? the track is layed on a tennis court with good traction and minor bumps. thanks in advance.

alan.
some of us end up using 3mm shims and it works pretty well.

start using 2mm front and 8 mm rear droop and adjust from there
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:06 PM   #7743
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Hey guys here is my V One R:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101-0171_img.jpg (68.0 KB, 155 views)
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:32 PM   #7744
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: M1RR drivers, help!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
some of us end up using 3mm shims and it works pretty well.

start using 2mm front and 8 mm rear droop and adjust from there
thanks for the fast reply manticore. my front droop was at 2mm also. since u recommended 8mm rear droop, and i started out at 6mm (loose rear), too much weight transfer for my case=loose rear? anyway thanks again, i will try out your recommended settings next time i hit the track. oh one more thing, i realised the rear track width with m1rr mod using mtx 3 pillow balls reach slightly over 200mm, and the screw threads are almost fully threaded into the arms already. do you need to shorten the pillow balls or what needs to be done to stay within 200mm?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:36 PM   #7745
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: M1RR drivers, help!!

Quote:
thanks for the fast reply manticore. my front droop was at 2mm also. since u recommended 8mm rear droop, and i started out at 6mm (loose rear), too much weight transfer for my case=loose rear? anyway thanks again, i will try out your recommended settings next time i hit the track. oh one more thing, i realised the rear track width with m1rr mod using mtx 3 pillow balls reach slightly over 200mm, and the screw threads are almost fully threaded into the arms already. do you need to shorten the pillow balls or what needs to be done to stay within 200mm?
yep, shorten the pillow balls as well as the camber link.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:21 PM   #7746
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: M1RR drivers, help!!

Quote:
yep, shorten the pillow balls as well as the camber link.
ok then, i'll just saw off around 3mm of the threads. you are using the mtx 3 upper links and pivot balls or using stock v1rr upper links and pivot balls?
Old 06-09-2003, 11:26 PM   #7747
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: M1RR drivers, help!!

Quote:
ok then, i'll just saw off around 3mm of the threads. you are using the mtx 3 upper links and pivot balls or using stock v1rr upper links and pivot balls?
need to use the original V1R or V1RR upper link
Old 06-09-2003, 11:30 PM   #7748
Tech Champion

check this out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00159.jpg (60.5 KB, 176 views)
Old 06-09-2003, 11:48 PM   #7749
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Hey guys here is my V One R:
that's one dusty R
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:30 AM   #7750
Tech Master

Quote:
check this out
thanks alot, manti!!
Old 06-10-2003, 01:38 AM   #7751
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
Yeah it was good to meet AMGRacer and Opel 92 today. Holy shit that motor in that RR is quick, it blew me away. Can't wait till Sunday it will be a gas. Once again excellent to meet you both.
Like wise gentlemen.......i cannot really come in to this forum here cos i don't know whether my torch batteries will last the distance . I think that i was around the times that Amg set with his stock MKII Spider........ The TL01 was really flying with that 6 single in it and the mechanical speedy held up well
opel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:46 AM   #7752
Tech Regular

By the way Finchy............. were can i get one of those Sundials........ yours is ultra accurate!!!!!
opel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:04 AM   #7753
Tech Fanatic

Well Opel92 that sundial I was using was a special factory team item but I've just received a new version today and beleive it or not it has a state of the art abacus with it the manual is quiet technical so I think it will take me sometime to work out how to use it.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:13 AM   #7754
Tech Fanatic

AMGRacer I sussed out what I think is a really good setup for the track conditions we had yesterday. I'll fill you in on Sunday, also I'm interested in one of those magic head for my motor once again I'll talk to on sunday about it if not before.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 07:51 AM   #7755
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: R to RR

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
That will do the rear end parts and the overdrive. You need the VZ008B pulley set (harder pulleys) which comes with the 25T pulley. Change them all for these harder ones. Also get the front and rear SP belt, the drivetrain is MUCH freer. There are also another plastic tree (forget number) with a transponder mount and the front lola bumper on it. Lastly dont forget the centax clutch if you want to go fully RR.

You can get some 3 racing rear clamping hexes with a 2mm offset on them which will make fitting the 30mm rears a breeze with no trimming.

The RR body posts are further forwards than the stock holes. Need to ream some more.

Whether the rear makes a big difference or not is up for conjecture. I would say that it makes the car more stable at high speeds. Dont know if that will translate into faster times.
Thank's AMG, that's just waht I wanted to know.

I notice that both the VZ008B and the VZ008 Pulley Sets are listed as being for V ONE R - presumably the "B" denotes the hard pulleys, yeah?
Also, can I presume that only the front pulley (side belt) is changed to a smaller one to achieve the overdrive, given that the RR side belt is three teeth shorter?
Yes, on the SP belts. I've been waiting months for the belts to wear out, to give me an excuse to change to the SP's. The new engine relieved us of the front belt last Sunday.

The 3 Racing hexes sound like a good idea - presumably 0 offset for the front?. I actually quite like the light placcy ones, but with use, they do seem to deform somewhat in the middle.

We're using the Fantom Centax. I know it's a somewhat heavier than the newer ones, but it's proven bullit proof enough. Maybe a new 4D one from the EVO . . . . maybe a whole new EVO.

Any opinion on improved rear tyre wear with the O.D. pulleys, and what tyre split are we supposed to run to achieve a 1:1 ratio?
(We have a three hour Enduro to run on Sunday. )

Is this the plastic tree with the bumper - it was on my list also. It's just that I don't see the transponder mount, unless it's the strange thing down the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg (widebumperplastic)vz082.jpg (39.5 KB, 117 views)
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote