R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2003, 01:58 PM   #7576
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
what shore rate of tire you used? I find you will have coned tire from outside if you have softer tire and coned inside if you have harder tire.
35 rears, still pretty cool here 40 fronts
KingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 02:01 PM   #7577
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Matlock
Straight from the XXX Main setup book:

Scenario A: Car pushes while entering a corner(Off power); Not enough weight is being transferred to the front tires relative to the rear tires;
Increase rear droop.
Thanks, I have the XXX book also. Could be things like Front Springs too soft, not enough toe out in the front, rear springs too hard, not enough rear droop.............

looking for some live advice from V1RR users this time, need a reference point to start with.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #7578
Tech Adept

This is not a bad web site

Xtreme RC CARS

Damo

Last edited by VoneRkid; 06-02-2003 at 02:18 PM.
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:07 PM   #7579
Tech Master

Talking about droop. I have ran into a small problem of not able to get enough rear droop with the floating rear end. The rear guide is bottoming out on the turtle. this is not a problem when I run on most tracks, but the local short track has some nasty bumps and the car gets really loose when I find them.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:57 PM   #7580
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by KingWillie
Black Springs F/R, shock oil F 80/R 60 (Team Losi silicone), shocks are mounted on the top (inside) and bottom (upper), upper arm position out (upper) in (upper), rear diff is kawahara neg diff.

Like to improve turn in, off power and turn exit on power....currently too much push
Where do you have your front and rear shocks mounted dont quite understand what you are saying above?
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:00 PM   #7581
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
Where do you have your front and rear shocks mounted dont quite understand what you are saying above?
Rear Shocks: top of shock mounting closest to center of car (inner) and bottom in upper mounting hole

Front Shocks are standard
Old 06-02-2003, 09:01 PM   #7582
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by KingWillie
Rear Shocks: top of shock mounting closest to center of car (inner) and bottom in upper mounting hole

Front Shocks are standard
i am looking for a setup sheet for parking lot on foams.

will let you know
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:04 PM   #7583
Tech Champion

here you go
Old 06-02-2003, 09:24 PM   #7584
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Hi tl2111,
Hmmm, interesting . . . I always thought the MTX-3's looked slightly better coming out of corners.
Are you running a Lola body or Sedan? - same body each time?
Stratus 2.1 on both time, don't forget I run on sprayed track that has twisting the setup a bit, such as a lot of droop F/R.
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:26 PM   #7585
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by drfritz
Talking about droop. I have ran into a small problem of not able to get enough rear droop with the floating rear end. The rear guide is bottoming out on the turtle. this is not a problem when I run on most tracks, but the local short track has some nasty bumps and the car gets really loose when I find them.
How is the car bottoming out possible with the rear floating mount? Should not be the case. The rear floating mount prevents the shocks from being compressed when the downforce acts on the body.

Probably on bumpy tracks, you need to increase the ride height a little. I think that sounds more like the solution to your problem.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:27 PM   #7586
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
if you want faster steering response for initial turn in, stiffen front sway bar or reduce front caster, or you can reduce rear droop but this is a bit too risky to do that.
You actually increase rear droop (say for example +7 to +5) to increase weight transfer to the front... Hence you get more off power steering.

Reducing rear droop makes the off power steering less but you increase rear stability when you apply brakes.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:56 PM   #7587
Tech Champion

Default rear droop

Try this

1/. limit rear droop to "without droop" in the rear and try it.

2/. set more droop to the rear and run it again on the track, compare the result.

the results on each of the above could be varies due to different driving style, different setupof the car (front diff or front oneway)

weight transfer to front also means you have less traction to the rear. It will be forgiving if you have some droop in the rear but if you have less droop, one of your rear wheels could have been lift (in extreme case) and this cause loose rear end.

In general, the fast moment of weight transfer (front Vs rear) is due to softer suspension setup
Old 06-03-2003, 12:00 AM   #7588
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by drfritz
Thanks for the help, but after taking a closer look at the car, I am at max droop with the way the REAR pod is made.
If I want any more droop I will have to go to the standard shock tower in the rear.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:12 AM   #7589
Tech Prophet

Default Re: rear droop

Quote:
Try this

1/. limit rear droop to "without droop" in the rear and try it.

2/. set more droop to the rear and run it again on the track, compare the result.

the results on each of the above could be varies due to different driving style, different setupof the car (front diff or front oneway)

weight transfer to front also means you have less traction to the rear. It will be forgiving if you have some droop in the rear but if you have less droop, one of your rear wheels could have been lift (in extreme case) and this cause loose rear end.

In general, the fast moment of weight transfer (front Vs rear) is due to softer suspension setup
Driving style and setup of car will dictate the type of rear droop which would benefit the car handling.

A car equipped with a front diff usually requires a lot of steering. Beginners will find it OK but experienced drivers will find it a little lacking. So more weight transfer to the front off power is nice to have. You achieve this by having a lot of rear droop.

With a one way, off power steering is generally more than normal drivers would require and generally, you want to take out off power oversteer in the car. You do it by limiting the rear droop to prevent weight transfer from the rear to the front. Of course too little droop will make the rear end lift up and cause your rear end to loose traction. Too much is always no good. Everything needs to be just enough.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:54 AM   #7590
Tech Fanatic

Drfritz how much rear droop are you running it must be alot if you've run out of room for anymore.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote