R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2003, 04:44 AM   #7561
Tech Fanatic
 
finchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 823
Default

Thanks Sparksy, that would be excellent

And thanks AMGRacer, I'll see how availble those K Factory ones are?

Thanks to You both once again.

finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:00 AM   #7562
Tech Master
 
sparksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisvagas
Posts: 1,951
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

I have one here if you want it finchy..... and some Titanium rear camberling tierods....
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:28 AM   #7563
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sp Racer
Hey!

Well done Sam!



And lucky for both you guys that you didn't have to deal with Mr "I need glasses...no, bugger that, I'll use brail driving " RJL....results coulda been a bit different really (maybe)

I will take a collection next club meeting to raise some funds for him to get some eye surgery....or maybe a bit of dental work (J/K)

heheh!

Lue

RR rocks!
Thanks, Lue . . . yeah, Sam was pretty pleased.

Sorry to see you "do an AMG" and tear that wheel off.
Last Sunday must have been a bad wheel karma day or something.

<Troll mode>
Sooo . . . are you in for the Enduro, then?
You better be quick . . most of the good drivers are already booked up.
I reckon RJL, Dexter and you would be a good team . . . OK, maybe not.
</Troll mode>
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:36 AM   #7564
Tech Master
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,561
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Good work!! 15 laps is more than flying around Moorebank.

You gonna get an EVO when they land?
Most likely I will get one. BTW I'm using standard RR rear with 30k diff oil, soft oil and hard spring setting.
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:41 AM   #7565
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: hinge pins

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
Hey guys just wondering what hinge pins to get. Hardened Aluminium or just non hardened. Is there any benfit from hardened.

Thanks in Advance
We run a "Vintage VoneR" with 300K on the clock.

Faced with the inevitable pin bending and sloppy arms, I drilled the arms out to 1/8th inch and use piano wire, cut to length.
Haven't bent a pin since.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:51 AM   #7566
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
Most likely I will get one. BTW I'm using standard RR rear with 30k diff oil, soft oil and hard spring setting.
How is the standard RR rear end going compared to the MTX3???
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:42 AM   #7567
Tech Master
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,561
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
How is the standard RR rear end going compared to the MTX3???
The lap time is pretty much the same with the track sprayed, my best time M1RR is 19.4 and with the RR is 19.1. The only different i can feel the most is through the sweeper MTX3 rear feel nice and flat but RR rear feel a little bit better on esse and exit the corner.
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:24 AM   #7568
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
The lap time is pretty much the same with the track sprayed, my best time M1RR is 19.4 and with the RR is 19.1. The only different i can feel the most is through the sweeper MTX3 rear feel nice and flat but RR rear feel a little bit better on esse and exit the corner.
Hi tl2111,
Hmmm, interesting . . . I always thought the MTX-3's looked slightly better coming out of corners.
Are you running a Lola body or Sedan? - same body each time?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:19 AM   #7569
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 49
Post 'lil Help needed here....

...anyone here run in the states this weekend? I was at the Richmond, VA track and didn't quite burn up the pavement as you fella's seem to have done. Finished 4th in the A-Main, but had a difficult time of it...first race with my V1RR, I had been running the V1R GRP version until this weekend.

Broke a front belt while in 2nd and fell back to 4th, luckily there was only about a minute to go in the race when it broke. I'd like a little help with set-up suggestions, currently this is what I'm running:

Tires: 40F/35R it's still not too hot here and the track is not permanent
ride ht: 5.5F/6.0R
toe: +1 F/0 R
camber: 0/0

droop, I could use some help with, don't have any clue here

...go ahead and abuse me, but then a little help would be appreciated..thanks
KingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:31 AM   #7570
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by KingWillie
...anyone here run in the states this weekend? I was at the Richmond, VA track and didn't quite burn up the pavement as you fella's seem to have done. Finished 4th in the A-Main, but had a difficult time of it...first race with my V1RR, I had been running the V1R GRP version until this weekend.

Broke a front belt while in 2nd and fell back to 4th, luckily there was only about a minute to go in the race when it broke. I'd like a little help with set-up suggestions, currently this is what I'm running:

Tires: 40F/35R it's still not too hot here and the track is not permanent
ride ht: 5.5F/6.0R
toe: +1 F/0 R
camber: 0/0

droop, I could use some help with, don't have any clue here

...go ahead and abuse me, but then a little help would be appreciated..thanks
can you tell us more about your setup? such as springs and shock oil and shock position? and what do you think you need to improve?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:53 AM   #7571
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 49
Default Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
can you tell us more about your setup? such as springs and shock oil and shock position? and what do you think you need to improve?
Black Springs F/R, shock oil F 80/R 60 (Team Losi silicone), shocks are mounted on the top (inside) and bottom (upper), upper arm position out (upper) in (upper), rear diff is kawahara neg diff.

Like to improve turn in, off power and turn exit on power....currently too much push
KingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:01 AM   #7572
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by KingWillie
Black Springs F/R, shock oil F 80/R 60 (Team Losi silicone), shocks are mounted on the top (inside) and bottom (upper), upper arm position out (upper) in (upper), rear diff is kawahara neg diff.

Like to improve turn in, off power and turn exit on power....currently too much push
black spring is too soft for a medium traction track.

suggest you go for gold front and rear,

if you want faster steering response for initial turn in, stiffen front sway bar or reduce front caster, or you can reduce rear droop but this is a bit too risky to do that.

by the way, how's your tire wear with 0 camber? it sounds strange to run 0 camber on foam tire.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:12 AM   #7573
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 49
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
black spring is too soft for a medium traction track.

suggest you go for gold front and rear,

if you want faster steering response for initial turn in, stiffen front sway bar or reduce front caster, or you can reduce rear droop but this is a bit too risky to do that.

by the way, how's your tire wear with 0 camber? it sounds strange to run 0 camber on foam tire.
tires coned a bit on the rear fronts were pretty flat, suggestions?

I don't really understand the droop adjustments, I have a fair idea about the weight transfer issues involved with droop, but could use some help with adjusting for it. I have access to my son's HUDY system. Thanks
KingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:22 AM   #7574
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 'lil Help needed here....

Quote:
Originally posted by KingWillie
tires coned a bit on the rear fronts were pretty flat, suggestions?

I don't really understand the droop adjustments, I have a fair idea about the weight transfer issues involved with droop, but could use some help with adjusting for it. I have access to my son's HUDY system. Thanks
what shore rate of tire you used? I find you will have coned tire from outside if you have softer tire and coned inside if you have harder tire.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:27 AM   #7575
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3
Default

Straight from the XXX Main setup book:

Scenario A: Car pushes while entering a corner(Off power); Not enough weight is being transferred to the front tires relative to the rear tires;
Increase rear droop.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net