R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-22-2003, 06:42 PM   #7321
TBR
Tech Regular

I just would like to see a pic of the different bulkhead arrangment hole thing and then I can see if I'm on the same page as everyone else or I'm off with the ferries.

TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #7322
Tech Elite

If you look closely at the EVO conversion kit pictures you will notice a narrowed front chassis plate, longer front arms and longer dogbones. This alteration will change the front end roll centre and also stop the front from pitching so easily.

The second change is that the top arms now mount into a screw on bracket rather than directly into the bulkhead. This theoretically could mean that the front roll centre could be further tuned with different brackets by raising and lowering the front arm mounting position.

Another change is that due to the longer front arms the front bulkheads are now closer together meaning a more narrow diff and slightly lower rotating mass. Also it appears that the mounting "knobs" on the bulkheads are closer together leaning the shocks inwards even futher than they already are on the V1RR. This was a mod tried around 2 years ago by the V1R designer at the 2001 world preliminary race. It effectively makes the spring compression less linear, ie they act more like progressive springs, and also the piston velocity is reduced in the oil making the overall effect of oil packing less noticable.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 07:33 PM   #7323
TBR
Tech Regular

Sounds fast...
Old 05-22-2003, 07:37 PM   #7324
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
Sounds fast...
I hope so. I am gonna run mine bone stock when I get it and see what I think. Black springs and all
Old 05-22-2003, 07:46 PM   #7325
TBR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I hope so. I am gonna run mine bone stock when I get it and see what I think. Black springs and all
You know you will have to let us Brisbane people know when you turn its first wheel in anger so we can go check it out
Old 05-22-2003, 07:56 PM   #7326
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
You know you will have to let us Brisbane people know when you turn its first wheel in anger so we can go check it out
Yep I will be glad to. I will let you know when I receive it and start the build
Old 05-22-2003, 10:06 PM   #7327
Tech Elite

Default GPM hop up

Just install rear mounting hop up from GPM.
I did'nt install the screw ball with silicone or loctite cause the screw loose all the time... normally what kind of silicone or loctite that suitable to use in locking the screw? I do have loctite 271 but is'nt it too strong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03689.jpg (69.8 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by esham; 05-26-2003 at 06:28 PM.
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 01:24 AM   #7328
acs
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
I think that the lap record for the track is around 18.3 during State champs last year I can confirm that later though
I think you are right Boycey 18.3 lap by Chris Reade is the Brendale long-track record, posted at the 2002 Qld Title's.

Quote:
I should also say that the two quickest drivers on a normal race day get around the track with a fastest lap of low 19s I will check that also...
A low 19 second lap is very competitive at a club race. The fastest tourer laps this year is a 19.3(i think) with MK, Jeffrey and myself all managing it at one time or another. However if there were a few more cars at our club races and the track got a bit more traction i wouldn't be surprised to see a high 18.

I dont think there are to many kids running at that pace!

A new track record will definatly be posted at this years State Title's and then maybe again at the Nationals. Especially if MK is running the Tourer. We all saw what he did to CR's Moorebank track record.

I also heard a rumor that Simon C will be running the MUGEN!!!

Al
acs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 01:32 AM   #7329
Tech Fanatic

AMGRacer if it's possible could you let me know a couple weeks prior to your purchase of the new EVO or the moment you place the order. I am super keen to get one if possible before the state titles here in QLD. Not neccessarily to run it at the titles but to get some track time and if I like it ( that's really a silly statement). Enter it in the titles. Also do you get your Fantom springs from HK, as today I was told the lhs couldn't get them as the Kyosho 1/8 scale stuff isn't handled by Dawn any more but by Mr Bartolozzi now.

Any help would be appreicated.

Graeme

finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 07:08 AM   #7330
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to tone
Default new car

can some one tell me if theres a new V-1-RR thanks Tone
tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 02:27 PM   #7331
Tech Fanatic

Tone a new V One RR Evo is on the way, check a few pages back and there is a link that Manticore posted, do yourself a favour and check it out. The car look sweet. I think the link is www.joybox.com.????????. Just look for that link on the previous pages.

Graeme
Old 05-24-2003, 09:20 PM   #7332
Tech Master

This is a little off the on going reading subject,but Im in need of a new tuned pipe( was running RBXL12, but they do not work to well after getting T boned, smashed flat has a pancake) any ways, i was looking at some RD Logic one piece pipes and would like to now if there are any good or not, and if not, what would be good pipe to get.

Thanks.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 09:35 PM   #7333
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by drfritz
This is a little off the on going reading subject,but Im in need of a new tuned pipe( was running RBXL12, but they do not work to well after getting T boned, smashed flat has a pancake) any ways, i was looking at some RD Logic one piece pipes and would like to now if there are any good or not, and if not, what would be good pipe to get.

Thanks.
They are great for the price and they work real well to boot
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 12:29 AM   #7334
Tech Fanatic

Default spring Rates

Does anybody know the rates of the following springs for the Fantom

Front

Red
Light blue
Red ( long )
White
Light Green
Daek Green
Yellow
Silver
Pink

Rear

Pink
Silver
Blue
Red
Yellow
Light Blue
White
Light Red

Any info would be appreicated even if you know only some of the rates of the springs. Thanks Guys

Greame
Old 05-27-2003, 12:28 AM   #7335
Tech Fanatic

Has everybody left this forum

Graeme