R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2003, 08:15 AM   #7291
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
This concept he learn it from Josh Cyrul at the world cup, as you might have read some post that has said almost any brand of car had some sort of traction roller at the world cup and Josh has tried full hard setting but it didn't work so he have gone to full soft.

You guys may not agree but at the end of the day if nothing work why not trying something different
amazing. it does have some people think if they drive Masami's car, they could be world champion !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:02 AM   #7292
Tech Elite
 
vones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,022
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm thinking of drilling some holes on the fly wheel to remove some weight....anybody tried it b4.......I'm using centax clutch....any effect on the fly weights...
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #7293
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
I'm thinking of drilling some holes on the fly wheel to remove some weight....anybody tried it b4.......I'm using centax clutch....any effect on the fly weights...
dont waste your effort, if your mod is getting out of balance, the effect could be adverse.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 02:04 PM   #7294
Tech Adept
 
VoneRkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brisbane Austraila
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
This concept he learn it from Josh Cyrul at the world cup, as you might have read some post that has said almost any brand of car had some sort of traction roller at the world cup and Josh has tried full hard setting but it didn't work so he have gone to full soft.

You guys may not agree but at the end of the day if nothing work why not trying something different
No I did not learn it from Josh Cyrul I got it from a good mate of mine They done the mod's to my car and it went well at the Brendale track in QLD and the mod's do work the car drives a lot better.

Damo

Last edited by VoneRkid; 05-21-2003 at 04:49 PM.
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:31 PM   #7295
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by VoneRkid
No I did not learn it from Josh Cyrul I got it from Team Kyosho Austraila They done the mod's to my car to if it went well at the Brendale track in QLD and the mod's do work the car drives a lot better when I get time I will post the pic for use so you can have a look at all the mods been done.

Damo
Can you just explain in words what they did for now? Everybody is interested to know!!!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:53 PM   #7296
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by alana07
how's yr rear wing mounted, using the foremost or rear most holes? try moving the rear wing forward by using the rear most set of mounting holes and you'll see some surprises.
I have it mounted in the middle hole, I have never had a body do this before. I'll try moving it forward a bit.
KingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:55 PM   #7297
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
If it is the new 2.1 dodgy body I have heard people say they have to much rear wing on there cars and have cut out those small holes that can be seen on the rear wing to allow some flow through the wing....
Yeah it's the new 2.1, I hadn't noticed the holes, I'll have a closer look. Thanks
KingWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:14 PM   #7298
Tech Regular
 
mitch179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Goldcoast, Aus
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Can you just explain in words what they did for now? Everybody is interested to know!!!
its gotta be one of those 'stealth' mods "top secret" hahaha
mitch179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:29 PM   #7299
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 174
Default Secret mod

I'm betting it's a steve evans mod....
xray vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM   #7300
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by VoneRkid
No I did not learn it from Josh Cyrul I got it from a good mate of mine They done the mod's to my car and it went well at the Brendale track in QLD and the mod's do work the car drives a lot better.

Damo
can you tell how is exactly the difference in handling and what kind of lap time improvement has been made with this mod?

what kind of lap time before and after the mod and what is the best lap time at the track? can you answer these questions?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 07:37 PM   #7301
TBR
Tech Regular
 
TBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
can you tell how is exactly the difference in handling and what kind of lap time improvement has been made with this mod?

what kind of lap time before and after the mod and what is the best lap time at the track? can you answer these questions?
I think that the lap record for the track is around 18.3 during State champs last year I can confirm that later though
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 07:53 PM   #7302
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
I think that the lap record for the track is around 18.3 during State champs last year I can confirm that later though
we have a reference here. so what's your input VoneRKid?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:03 PM   #7303
Tech Elite
 
vones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,022
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
dont waste your effort, if your mod is getting out of balance, the effect could be adverse.

ok, thks for advice.....
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:25 PM   #7304
Tech Master
 
alana07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: There
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KingWillie
I have it mounted in the middle hole, I have never had a body do this before. I'll try moving it forward a bit.
hi kingwillie,
ever wonder why those folks at protoform give you 3 or 4 holes to let you choose where to mount your wings?
i usually use the foremost and rearmost holes. if your car is pretty well balanced but just suffering from a little bit of turn in understeer, moving the wing forward will free up the rear end nicely.
__________________
没有最好,只有更好!!!
alana07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:32 PM   #7305
TBR
Tech Regular
 
TBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
we have a reference here. so what's your input VoneRKid?
I shouls also say that the two quickest drivers on a normal race day get around the track with a fastest lap of low 19s I will check that also...
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net