R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-20-2003, 08:23 PM   #7276
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by VoneRkid
I have done the same sway bar mod as you Kyle it work well on our track. Have you seen the blade sway for the rear end of the V one RR it look good Simon Camilleri was using it at NSW state tiltes and they all said it went well.

Damo
Damo,

No i didn't see it but it is probably similar to the one we now use on the Fantom. When we started using it we found it made a signifigant difference to the handling.

Regards

Kyle
Kyle Hazell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #7277
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

Quote:
Originally posted by KingWillie
Hey guys, I am experiencing something new for me. I have my chassis dialed in fairly well, not too much under steer or over steer until I get the dam body on the thing. Then it all goes off to understeer entering corners. Not just a little. Is it possible I have too much rear wing on the body? It is the Stratus from Protoform. I've never had this occur before.
how's yr rear wing mounted, using the foremost or rear most holes? try moving the rear wing forward by using the rear most set of mounting holes and you'll see some surprises.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #7278
TBR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by KingWillie
Hey guys, I am experiencing something new for me. I have my chassis dialed in fairly well, not too much under steer or over steer until I get the dam body on the thing. Then it all goes off to understeer entering corners. Not just a little. Is it possible I have too much rear wing on the body? It is the Stratus from Protoform. I've never had this occur before.
If it is the new 2.1 dodgy body I have heard people say they have to much rear wing on there cars and have cut out those small holes that can be seen on the rear wing to allow some flow through the wing....
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:31 PM   #7279
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Quote:
I have done the same sway bar mod as you Kyle it work well on our track. Have you seen the blade sway for the rear end of the V one RR it look good Simon Camilleri was using it at NSW state tiltes and they all said it went well.

Damo
Simon didn't use blade type sway bar at the back, in fact he is using standard silver bar and silver shocks spring to rectify the traction roll that we had on NSW title. also he had done roll center mod on the rear bulk head which make the top arm angle as much as the MTX3.
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 01:51 AM   #7280
Tech Fanatic

Who manufactures this rear blade sway bar and is it avaible in the land of Oz. And does it work successfully. Has anybody tried it out?

Graeme
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:00 AM   #7281
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle Hazell
Damo,

No i didn't see it but it is probably similar to the one we now use on the Fantom. When we started using it we found it made a signifigant difference to the handling.

Regards

Kyle
Yes it is similar to the Fantom blade sway bar.

Damo
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:16 AM   #7282
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
Simon didn't use blade type sway bar at the back, in fact he is using standard silver bar and silver shocks spring to rectify the traction roll that we had on NSW title. also he had done roll center mod on the rear bulk head which make the top arm angle as much as the MTX3.
I have got the same mod as Simon on the rear bulk heads it makes the car a lot better to drive.

Damo

Last edited by VoneRkid; 05-21-2003 at 05:22 AM.
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:01 AM   #7283
Tech Elite

Quote:
I have got the same mod as Simon on the rear bulk heads it makes the car a lot better to drive.

Damo
Show us some pictures of these mods or explain what you did!!!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:11 AM   #7284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Its one of those "secret" mods AMG
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:17 AM   #7285
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:

silver springs? wouldnt they induse premature traction roll from their softness?

Unless they changed the colourings silver was softer than black.
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:26 AM   #7286
Tech Elite

Quote:

Damo
Where did you get this info from?? I have never heard of a blade rear bar, you know what brand it was??
Old 05-21-2003, 06:31 AM   #7287
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
silver springs? wouldnt they induse premature traction roll from their softness?

Unless they changed the colourings silver was softer than black.
This concept he learn it from Josh Cyrul at the world cup, as you might have read some post that has said almost any brand of car had some sort of traction roller at the world cup and Josh has tried full hard setting but it didn't work so he have gone to full soft.

You guys may not agree but at the end of the day if nothing work why not trying something different
Old 05-21-2003, 06:33 AM   #7288
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Where did you get this info from?? I have never heard of a blade rear bar, you know what brand it was??
I think square has it on drawing but never produce it though!
Old 05-21-2003, 06:45 AM   #7289
Tech Elite

Quote:
This concept he learn it from Josh Cyrul at the world cup, as you might have read some post that has said almost any brand of car had some sort of traction roller at the world cup and Josh has tried full hard setting but it didn't work so he have gone to full soft.

You guys may not agree but at the end of the day if nothing work why not trying something different
So if you are having traction rolling and you go harder to stop it and it does not work then go full soft? Now that is something I would never think to try but this is great information!!! Thanks tl2111.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:12 AM   #7290
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
So if you are having traction rolling and you go harder to stop it and it does not work then go full soft? Now that is something I would never think to try but this is great information!!! Thanks tl2111.
AMG

It does work for me when I race my NEO at Vic's title few years ago when they spray VHT at that time(engine is a lot slower then nowaday), also last year NSW title (no VHT). but this year NSW title (VHT'ed) me and Simon has tried so many different setup still have traction roll even with M1RR, conclusion is VHT will not allow the car slide at all that why you need a lot more body roll to take the G-force out. it sounds strange but it does elimitate traction roll in most corner.