R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2001, 06:06 PM   #691
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Woo hoo!!! I'm a club..................champ, nevermind Manticore has 6 times as many posts and he registered 1 day after I did.
That means I work 6 times harder then you do !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 06:07 PM   #692
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder


I'm gonna wear both like you.
I wear a mugen cap and a kyosho T-Shirt actually !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 09:33 PM   #693
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default Re: Re: One way!!

Quote:
Originally posted by FACTION95Si


Yes sir that is the one way in action.
Thanks! That was quite sometime since I posted theat thread! Have changed to the LSD since... But at the sametime, I figureed out something too...don't know if it feasible yet...
Do you all realise that with the one way, the rear only swerve to the left? This might be because of the weight distribution along the centerline...heavier on the left with the engine and pipe... So, just add a little weight on right to tune the weight distribution properly... Have not tried it personally and don't know if it works! But will try when I get my gear for rear solid axial somewhere next week!
Hey Moon, tried this before? Sydewynder?
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 09:54 PM   #694
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: One way!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler

Thanks! That was quite sometime since I posted theat thread! Have changed to the LSD since... But at the sametime, I figureed out something too...don't know if it feasible yet...
Do you all realise that with the one way, the rear only swerve to the left? This might be because of the weight distribution along the centerline...heavier on the left with the engine and pipe... So, just add a little weight on right to tune the weight distribution properly... Have not tried it personally and don't know if it works! But will try when I get my gear for rear solid axial somewhere next week!
Hey Moon, tried this before? Sydewynder?
in fact the weight distribution or CG of the car can be compensated with the adjustable coil spring/shock. and this is the purpose of the adjustable shocks. check for a-arm blinding, steering servo, and also if you have a leaking shocks. all these will cause the problem. there is another possibility that you have a worn bevel gears inside your rear diff.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:40 PM   #695
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: One way!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


in fact the weight distribution or CG of the car can be compensated with the adjustable coil spring/shock. and this is the purpose of the adjustable shocks.....
Hey Moon, I'm not sure if I'm right here but please correct me if I'm wrong. I know that most people adjust their shocks by the weight distribution as you've mentioned, but the springs that we are using here are progressive springs, and these springs does not have a linear spring constant as those of linear springs. So when you compress one of the springs more than the other, it'll have a larger spring constant... that is a stiffer spring! Wouldn't that upset the whole spring and damper system of the car?

And the electric guys have been having this big hoo ha of balancing the weight distribution of their cars and they are running a very similiar set up as us nitro tourers... As far as I know, they tried to keep their shock lenghts the same for both front and both rear...

Please comment on this and feel free to correct...
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 12:44 AM   #696
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

I am not sure why it would be critical to have the car absolutely balanced side to side. 1:1 cars are not and they seem to race very well As Manticore has said it is more critical to have no tweak in your setup, ie. the left and right tires have the same weight placed on them. You do this via adjusting the shock lengths AFTER setting the droop on both sides of your car to be equal. If your car is veering to one side it actually may be the track! If your track is heavily cambered it can cause your car to swerve at high speeds.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 01:44 AM   #697
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

If you use progressive springs then yes the spring rate will change when you change their preload. Can you use linear springs instead? If not, you can still compensate for tweak by unscrewing the lower shock eye mount. It basically changes the shock length to adjust for any chassis tweak. I would use the adjusters and linear springs though. Much easier to do.

As was mentioned before, Check for binding (pivot balls, esp. bad wheels bearings, etc.) Look for cracked suspension arms. Are all the caster clips equal on both left and right sides? What about front and rear toe? Are they the same left to right?

Do you have any brake drag? Even some and a little steering input will pull the car with a one-way.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 05:30 AM   #698
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
If you use progressive springs then yes the spring rate will change when you change their preload. Can you use linear springs instead? If not, you can still compensate for tweak by unscrewing the lower shock eye mount. It basically changes the shock length to adjust for any chassis tweak. I would use the adjusters and linear springs though. Much easier to do.

As was mentioned before, Check for binding (pivot balls, esp. bad wheels bearings, etc.) Look for cracked suspension arms. Are all the caster clips equal on both left and right sides? What about front and rear toe? Are they the same left to right?

Do you have any brake drag? Even some and a little steering input will pull the car with a one-way.
Thanks guys for the response... I'll check the car again for the above mentioned... Hopefully when I changed to solid rear axial, the problem would be solved...
A friend of mine had the same problem on his MRX too...but after a couple of laps, the problem is solved...still puzzles us! Perhaps a wider width of tires at the rear might help... Will keep you guys informed...
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 06:06 AM   #699
Tech Regular
 
boner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 343
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kyosho
So the rr comes with centrax?
Anyways this place is selling it for 270 us dollars.

Here is a picture just posted on Japanese web site of Kyosho. It doesn't look like to be centrax. It's more like three shoes clutch type.

More pictures from Kyosho site


boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 06:09 AM   #700
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by boner


Here is a picture just posted on Japanese web site of Kyosho. It doesn't look like to be centrax. It's more like three shoes clutch type.

More pictures from Kyosho site


yes it is a centax !!

the three white pieces are fly weights and this design is totally different from fantom. it is the same design as serpent.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 06:29 AM   #701
Tech Regular
 
boner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 343
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Manticore to clear it up.. Love this form learning new stuff everytime I visit.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 10:01 AM   #702
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


yes it is a centax !!

the three white pieces are fly weights and this design is totally different from fantom. it is the same design as serpent.
I hope they bring at least these new hop up parts out to market soon. I'm quite poor now with all the holiday shopping I've been doing so no more buying new cars for me (but if you guys want to send me a car as a Christmas present I won't say no hehehe), but I'll get these parts to hop up my car. I would love to get that V-One R Centax for my 2 cars. It looks sweet.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 03:23 PM   #703
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Hey manticore do you think the new Kyosho centax clutch will be as good as the Mugen one?

Cant wait for the RR to be released I am gonna upgrade my rubber edition
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 05:22 PM   #704
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hey manticore do you think the new Kyosho centax clutch will be as good as the Mugen one?

Cant wait for the RR to be released I am gonna upgrade my rubber edition
yes they are of similar design while mugen has 4 pcs fly weights and kyosho has only 3 pcs fly weights.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 06:01 PM   #705
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


yes they are of similar design while mugen has 4 pcs fly weights and kyosho has only 3 pcs fly weights.
OK cool. I am getting a Mugen centax soon, i am thinking mayby to use it on my Mugen and get the Kyosho one for the V One......

I hope the Kyosho lola comes with cut out marks for the roll over handle and the engine......
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:28 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net