R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-26-2001, 06:06 PM   #691
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Woo hoo!!! I'm a club..................champ, nevermind Manticore has 6 times as many posts and he registered 1 day after I did.
That means I work 6 times harder then you do !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 06:07 PM   #692
Tech Champion

Quote:

I'm gonna wear both like you.
I wear a mugen cap and a kyosho T-Shirt actually !!
Old 11-26-2001, 09:33 PM   #693
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default Re: Re: One way!!

Quote:
Originally posted by FACTION95Si

Yes sir that is the one way in action.
Thanks! That was quite sometime since I posted theat thread! Have changed to the LSD since... But at the sametime, I figureed out something too...don't know if it feasible yet...
Do you all realise that with the one way, the rear only swerve to the left? This might be because of the weight distribution along the centerline...heavier on the left with the engine and pipe... So, just add a little weight on right to tune the weight distribution properly... Have not tried it personally and don't know if it works! But will try when I get my gear for rear solid axial somewhere next week!
Hey Moon, tried this before? Sydewynder?
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 09:54 PM   #694
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: One way!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler

Thanks! That was quite sometime since I posted theat thread! Have changed to the LSD since... But at the sametime, I figureed out something too...don't know if it feasible yet...
Do you all realise that with the one way, the rear only swerve to the left? This might be because of the weight distribution along the centerline...heavier on the left with the engine and pipe... So, just add a little weight on right to tune the weight distribution properly... Have not tried it personally and don't know if it works! But will try when I get my gear for rear solid axial somewhere next week!
Hey Moon, tried this before? Sydewynder?
in fact the weight distribution or CG of the car can be compensated with the adjustable coil spring/shock. and this is the purpose of the adjustable shocks. check for a-arm blinding, steering servo, and also if you have a leaking shocks. all these will cause the problem. there is another possibility that you have a worn bevel gears inside your rear diff.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:40 PM   #695
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: One way!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

in fact the weight distribution or CG of the car can be compensated with the adjustable coil spring/shock. and this is the purpose of the adjustable shocks.....
Hey Moon, I'm not sure if I'm right here but please correct me if I'm wrong. I know that most people adjust their shocks by the weight distribution as you've mentioned, but the springs that we are using here are progressive springs, and these springs does not have a linear spring constant as those of linear springs. So when you compress one of the springs more than the other, it'll have a larger spring constant... that is a stiffer spring! Wouldn't that upset the whole spring and damper system of the car?

And the electric guys have been having this big hoo ha of balancing the weight distribution of their cars and they are running a very similiar set up as us nitro tourers... As far as I know, they tried to keep their shock lenghts the same for both front and both rear...

Please comment on this and feel free to correct...
Old 11-27-2001, 12:44 AM   #696
Tech Elite

I am not sure why it would be critical to have the car absolutely balanced side to side. 1:1 cars are not and they seem to race very well As Manticore has said it is more critical to have no tweak in your setup, ie. the left and right tires have the same weight placed on them. You do this via adjusting the shock lengths AFTER setting the droop on both sides of your car to be equal. If your car is veering to one side it actually may be the track! If your track is heavily cambered it can cause your car to swerve at high speeds.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 01:44 AM   #697
Tech Elite

If you use progressive springs then yes the spring rate will change when you change their preload. Can you use linear springs instead? If not, you can still compensate for tweak by unscrewing the lower shock eye mount. It basically changes the shock length to adjust for any chassis tweak. I would use the adjusters and linear springs though. Much easier to do.

As was mentioned before, Check for binding (pivot balls, esp. bad wheels bearings, etc.) Look for cracked suspension arms. Are all the caster clips equal on both left and right sides? What about front and rear toe? Are they the same left to right?

Do you have any brake drag? Even some and a little steering input will pull the car with a one-way.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 05:30 AM   #698
Tech Regular

Quote:
If you use progressive springs then yes the spring rate will change when you change their preload. Can you use linear springs instead? If not, you can still compensate for tweak by unscrewing the lower shock eye mount. It basically changes the shock length to adjust for any chassis tweak. I would use the adjusters and linear springs though. Much easier to do.

As was mentioned before, Check for binding (pivot balls, esp. bad wheels bearings, etc.) Look for cracked suspension arms. Are all the caster clips equal on both left and right sides? What about front and rear toe? Are they the same left to right?

Do you have any brake drag? Even some and a little steering input will pull the car with a one-way.
Thanks guys for the response... I'll check the car again for the above mentioned... Hopefully when I changed to solid rear axial, the problem would be solved...
A friend of mine had the same problem on his MRX too...but after a couple of laps, the problem is solved...still puzzles us! Perhaps a wider width of tires at the rear might help... Will keep you guys informed...
Old 11-27-2001, 06:06 AM   #699
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kyosho
So the rr comes with centrax?
Anyways this place is selling it for 270 us dollars.

Here is a picture just posted on Japanese web site of Kyosho. It doesn't look like to be centrax. It's more like three shoes clutch type.

More pictures from Kyosho site

boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 06:09 AM   #700
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by boner

Here is a picture just posted on Japanese web site of Kyosho. It doesn't look like to be centrax. It's more like three shoes clutch type.

More pictures from Kyosho site

yes it is a centax !!

the three white pieces are fly weights and this design is totally different from fantom. it is the same design as serpent.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:29 AM   #701
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Manticore to clear it up.. Love this form learning new stuff everytime I visit.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 10:01 AM   #702
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

Quote:

yes it is a centax !!

the three white pieces are fly weights and this design is totally different from fantom. it is the same design as serpent.
I hope they bring at least these new hop up parts out to market soon. I'm quite poor now with all the holiday shopping I've been doing so no more buying new cars for me (but if you guys want to send me a car as a Christmas present I won't say no hehehe), but I'll get these parts to hop up my car. I would love to get that V-One R Centax for my 2 cars. It looks sweet.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 03:23 PM   #703
Tech Elite

Hey manticore do you think the new Kyosho centax clutch will be as good as the Mugen one?

Cant wait for the RR to be released I am gonna upgrade my rubber edition
Old 11-27-2001, 05:22 PM   #704
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hey manticore do you think the new Kyosho centax clutch will be as good as the Mugen one?

Cant wait for the RR to be released I am gonna upgrade my rubber edition
yes they are of similar design while mugen has 4 pcs fly weights and kyosho has only 3 pcs fly weights.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:01 PM   #705
Tech Elite

Quote:

yes they are of similar design while mugen has 4 pcs fly weights and kyosho has only 3 pcs fly weights.
OK cool. I am getting a Mugen centax soon, i am thinking mayby to use it on my Mugen and get the Kyosho one for the V One......

I hope the Kyosho lola comes with cut out marks for the roll over handle and the engine......