R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-06-2003, 01:19 AM   #7021
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by rrgt_kid
hi finchy that rear turret looks nice and simple and could be alot stronger and hell of alot lighter see if you can find out more about the pricing! im still interested in those parts , but i like the carbon one as well as the gpm.

jeremy.

Graeme when are we going to ordering those parts??

Damo
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:06 AM   #7022
Tech Fanatic

I,ve only sussed out the GPM part yet, I'm just about to see in a few minutes how much the square turret is, will let you know how much in total they will cost ( item and freight ). be back in about half an hour or so.

Graeme
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:08 AM   #7023
Tech Adept

Graeme Do you wont to go to Murwillumbah on the 25th of May to race

Damo
Old 05-06-2003, 02:17 AM   #7024
Tech Fanatic

don't know that's too far away just yet. Maybe ? Tried the car out again yesterday and it just feels faster every time it hits the track. Adjusted the clutch to 2 mm as well and I think you could even go a little tighter. F*** this car rocks!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait till next race day. Still have a few more things I'd like to try out but I can't get the smile off my face when I'm driving it. NTC3 is just getting pushed more and more towards the back of the cupboard. John Hanson came down yesterday afternoon after I'd packed away and asked if I was happy with the car, I could tell he was not too impressed with the answers I was giving him. Oh well. Will pm you the prices of the Square stuff when I find out the prices. Probaly tonight or tommorrow.

Graeme
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:07 AM   #7025
Tech Regular

i had a good look at the gpm one and soesnt seem to be that bad at all looks like you can take off the end bits if you want to do the m1rr conversion

jeremy.
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:13 AM   #7026
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
Yes it is. I miss my K car. I've already used more spares on the mtx3 than I did all of last year on the K car. I snapped 2 wheel axles in half in 2 consecutive runs (running solid rear) yesterday. No touchy board, just snapped on power. I like to run my lola against the 235's and I KNOW now I want my K car back. The mugen is so light the 235's boyz get rough with me and I go airborne everytime!
Mine is still placing well at my local tracks against the MTX3s
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:18 AM   #7027
Tech Regular

i was holding 2nd 3rd 4th during the heats at my last race meet and i was doing very well in my finals yesterday untill some one hit me up the rear! I hate it when people hit me like that, then i brock my turret.

jeremy
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 11:37 AM   #7028
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
Yes it is. I miss my K car. I've already used more spares on the mtx3 than I did all of last year on the K car. I snapped 2 wheel axles in half in 2 consecutive runs (running solid rear) yesterday. No touchy board, just snapped on power. I like to run my lola against the 235's and I KNOW now I want my K car back. The mugen is so light the 235's boyz get rough with me and I go airborne everytime!
Hey, patella, I think you may need to invest in the new V-One-RRRRR . . EVO when it's released since you are our resident "early adopter"
I don't think we've broken anything on the K car unless you count the CVD's - and I don't. Ah, yes, we did break/lose the brake disk carrier on two occasions, but the new alloy one seems to have halted that issue.

Dunno how you put up with that solid rear - we tried it a couple of weeks ago and the tyre wear was . . . . er . . . high.

Next month, our club is holding an "Enduro" event. I'm not quite sure of the details but it's going to be a three hour race with three cars per team. . . . Gawd. This is going to be fun.

We disintegrated a bearing in our JP on Sunday - luckily I saw it before the final. We were able to "scrounge" a crankcase for the final and my driver managed to finish fourth - pretty pleased about that considering the company.

Anyway, I'm looking at a back-up engine and considering a nice strong Pixie or a nice cheap Sirio.
Didn't you run a Sirio? What was it like?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #7029
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Mine is still placing well at my local tracks against the MTX3s
On Sunday was holding 3rd 4th during the heats I was doing very good against the MTX3s I was a lot faster than the MTX3s into the corners and I did very well in my finals I finsh 3rd. So Kyosho finsh 3rd & 4th

Damo

Last edited by VoneRkid; 05-06-2003 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:03 PM   #7030
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing

Anyway, I'm looking at a back-up engine and considering a nice strong Pixie or a nice cheap Sirio.
Didn't you run a Sirio? What was it like? [/B]
Hey Mr Taylor

I have a RB Rody 215 AARCMCC legal motor for sale, only used in NSW Title recently, less then one hrs run on it, heaps of power.

TL
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 06:33 PM   #7031
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Early adopter! I might have more $$$ than sense like the old folks say (just love the hobby).

The sirio is very quick but the carb is a crapshoot. Some are bad out of the box. I had a friend who had a bad carb in one and mine had a bad o-ring in the low-speed so it would not hold setting. The motor (my opinion) has better top-end than mr12 but not quite as much punch. Don't know anyone that has 3-4 gallons through one though that can report on reliability.

I have seen some people really blistering with the pixie now that they're getting more gas in them though. I'd go with the pixie if I had a choice - especially since the price has dropped. It's heavy, but you will see it's built very well. I don't know how it would do as a backup motor though it needs a lot of gas in it before it starts really waking up.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 09:23 PM   #7032
Tech Adept

Finchy my S1 JP is no longer RIP.

Damo
Old 05-06-2003, 10:17 PM   #7033
Tech Rookie

what is a good ride height and droop setting ?
HYPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:21 PM   #7034
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by HYPER
what is a good ride height and droop setting ?
Have you tried kit droop and ride height settings I find that is good way ot start off with

Damo
Old 05-06-2003, 10:27 PM   #7035
Tech Rookie

damo what is the kit droop and ride height settings?
HYPER is offline   Reply With Quote