R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-02-2003, 03:31 AM   #6976
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Shaft drive V1R.

Translation

this reminds me of my Kyosho Super10 back in 1997, the tank placement, the right handed pipe, the batt compartment, the center gear box, linkages...etc..etc....an improved version of Mini Super10...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:45 AM   #6977
Tech Regular

hi greame you goin to be driving at the hotrod show on sunday??

jeremy.
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 06:57 AM   #6978
Tech Elite

that new shaftie by kyosho is sure gonna have to be well designed to keep up with the mtx3's! good luck to them. the more choice the better. although the mugen really DOES rock.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 02:10 AM   #6979
Tech Fanatic

Default Maiden Voyage

Well today was the first time the new RR hit the track. My reaction at first was holy f***, why didn't I get this car first of all. I think after the many months of dismay and heartache my expections weren't that high. But after a couple of hours I had a grin from ear to ear. Can't wait to run it at my first race meet ( with this car ), the ability to be competetive and the car's settings don't change after a little tap with the wall or other driver. All in all I'm very impressed with the RR, I can't wait to see how far the RR EVO has evoled.

Graeme
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 03:30 AM   #6980
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Re: Maiden Voyage

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
Well today was the first time the new RR hit the track. My reaction at first was holy f***, why didn't I get this car first of all. I think after the many months of dismay and heartache my expections weren't that high. But after a couple of hours I had a grin from ear to ear. Can't wait to run it at my first race meet ( with this car ), the ability to be competetive and the car's settings don't change after a little tap with the wall or other driver. All in all I'm very impressed with the RR, I can't wait to see how far the RR EVO has evoled.

Graeme
As far as handling goes, what did you notice that was different from your NTC3?

I think you will drive and concentrate better since you don't have to worry about the car staying together. Confidence.........YEAH!!

The voner is tank tough and handles great. I have seen them come out of spectacular crashes unhurt. I would have one if I wasn't a Mugen guy .
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 05:10 AM   #6981
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Freakah as far as handling goes there was a fair bit of difference through the corners and the car feels more stable. Funnily enough I though the Rr would be harder to drive ( haven't drive a belt car for nearly a year now ) but I found it very easy and forgiving. Freakah will let you know what other differences I find over the next couple of tracks sessions.

Graeme

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Kyosho V one RR / S3
NTC3 / RB x12 Rody
Controlled by M8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-03-2003, 02:19 PM   #6982
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
12 engine pure ten GP4WD V-ONE RR evolution chassis kit

KYOSHO CUP " R " class official recognition. It corresponds to also 1/10GP touring car all the Japanese championships. It renovates the section in addition to the substantial modification of the front section. It is low at center of gravity conversion and abundant adjustment place aggressive power the belt drive 4WD which improves. The GRP make sponge tire belongs.
Nice looking car so when dose hit Aust ?

Damo
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 02:51 PM   #6983
Tech Adept

Cool

Graeme are you going out to the track today?

Damo
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 03:41 PM   #6984
TBR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Funnily enough I though the Rr would be harder to drive ( haven't drive a belt car for nearly a year now ) but I found it very easy and forgiving. Freakah will let you know what other differences I find over the next couple of tracks sessions.
Well come then lets see you out on the track then
Todays race day is only a practice day for me I have to go early as I have to get ready to go out for a few louds this afternoon and nite if you know what I mean
A few of us are going to the Cazton for the Seafood thing not so much seafood you should come and talk sh!t about the RR
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:16 AM   #6985
Tech Fanatic

Default GPM rear body mount

Hey guys has anybody tried the GPM Racing rear body mount turret ( alloy and delrin ) , I was just wondering if it's worth getting as I know the standard one is a little fragile. Any feedback would be appreicated.

Graeme
Old 05-04-2003, 06:27 AM   #6986
Tech Elite

Default Re: GPM rear body mount

Quote:
Hey guys has anybody tried the GPM Racing rear body mount turret ( alloy and delrin ) , I was just wondering if it's worth getting as I know the standard one is a little fragile. Any feedback would be appreicated.

Graeme
Manticore will have the answer, I'm sure . . . . .
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:58 AM   #6987
Tech Fanatic

bbntc3 I have run both cars now I changed to the V one RR about a week ago after being P***off with the ntc3 for 3 months. I spent a small fortune on clutches, spares, etc. The v1rr is in my own opion a better race car, you can't go wrong with it, it's very stable and built like a tank.

Graeme
Old 05-04-2003, 08:03 AM   #6988
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: GPM rear body mount

Quote:

Graeme
not worth !!

only go for GPM if you dont have a choice !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #6989
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
[ not worth !! only go for GPM if you dont have a choice !]
Manticore could you please tell me the reason it not worth it, few guys at the local track are breaking turrets. Or what other aftermarket opions are availible for rear body mounts, if possible brands and web sites would be appreciated.

Graeme
Old 05-04-2003, 04:10 PM   #6990
Tech Regular

i think they are worth it because mine keep breaking before the body post there fore the alloy one wont break that easy.
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote