R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-24-2003, 04:00 AM   #6736
Tech Regular

finchy, do you have your ntc3 servo spacers!

Jeremy
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:04 AM   #6737
Tech Elite

Default Re: the future of v one r

Quote:
Originally posted by Tag
hi guys, how much longer will you think the v one r or rr will be around ? i love my v one r, but there are times that i just wanted to try new cars..Mtx-3,serpent 705 etc it's like those "i want the latest mentality "...but i am so satisfied with my v one r i wouldn't want to learn another car all over again..just to see if kyosho has any plan as far as a touring car goes ?
Well I cant answer that but I think it has some life yet.

Let me tell you a story. I guy I know owned a NTC3 and won last year championship with it in fact. Decided he needed a new car and got the "sheepmobile" MTX3 (everyone over here went to them) Been driving it for a few months and has done very poorly, in fact he is now getting out of RC since he is doing so badly. Now he regrets selling the NTC3.

The way I see it you have to ask yourself am I losing due to the car. 99% of people will not be with a V1R. However if you want a brand new one for the sake of it go right ahead!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:08 AM   #6738
Tech Regular

hi amg will the red front springs and light blue rear springs work at brendale!

jeremy
Old 04-24-2003, 04:13 AM   #6739
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I totally agree.... I was one of the first people to jump on the Sheepmobile late last year.... but I had been about to "refresh" my v-one r.... and decided to try the new mugen....

not unhappy with my descision.... added up the costs and it was actually cheeper for me to get the mugen....

But if your happy with the car you have.... I dont see a real need to jump ships....

Its 80% driver anyway
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:14 AM   #6740
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rrgt_kid
hi amg will the red front springs and light blue rear springs work at brendale!

jeremy
Well all I can say is that the other day on Enneti 40s I was lapping VERY quickly with that combo. Depends a lot on your driving style etc. I think from the blues up to the golds are where you need to be. Golds tend to be a little hard for my liking and i find it hard to keep the wheels on the apex. You really need to be on the apex at brendale.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 04:16 AM   #6741
Tech Regular

Hi AMG racer, is it possible if i can have one of your set ups for the brenale track??

Can you email it to me???

Jeremy
Old 04-24-2003, 04:46 AM   #6742
Tech Fanatic

Default servo spacers

jeremy, you know I'm like a horder and I never throw any thing out I think they are in my spares box for the NTC3. If not I'm sure I can dig some up from some were. Front way on the RR is excellent compared to the tiny thng on the tc3. Have built the front end already. Just have to get some rubber cement tommorrow for the brake pads, or do you have any other suggestion on glue for the pads.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 06:06 AM   #6743
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: the future of v one r

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Well I cant answer that but I think it has some life yet.

Let me tell you a story. I guy I know owned a NTC3 and won last year championship with it in fact. Decided he needed a new car and got the "sheepmobile" MTX3 (everyone over here went to them) Been driving it for a few months and has done very poorly, in fact he is now getting out of RC since he is doing so badly. Now he regrets selling the NTC3.

The way I see it you have to ask yourself am I losing due to the car. 99% of people will not be with a V1R. However if you want a brand new one for the sake of it go right ahead!
this may be true BUT!, everyone at the track that i race at (moorebank) who shifted from brand X to the mtx3 has improved thier times! personally i've improved my times by about2.5 seconds, best laptime AND average laptime.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:00 AM   #6744
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Re: the future of v one r

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
this may be true BUT!, everyone at the track that i race at (moorebank) who shifted from brand X to the mtx3 has improved thier times! personally i've improved my times by about2.5 seconds, best laptime AND average laptime.
2.5 secs is more then a back straight !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 08:02 AM   #6745
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: servo spacers

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
jeremy, you know I'm like a horder and I never throw any thing out I think they are in my spares box for the NTC3. If not I'm sure I can dig some up from some were. Front way on the RR is excellent compared to the tiny thng on the tc3. Have built the front end already. Just have to get some rubber cement tommorrow for the brake pads, or do you have any other suggestion on glue for the pads.
rubber cement is the right stuff. quick fix and safe to use. but you need to use a vise to hold the thing together for a while after you put them together.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #6746
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: the future of v one r

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
Yeah . . but . . reading recent posts in other threads, how much of this "improvement" is down to the recent "revitilisation" of the Moorebank track surface?
How about you take that V-one-R out of mothballs and give us an update.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:27 AM   #6747
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Well all I can say is that the other day on Enneti 40s I was lapping VERY quickly with that combo. Depends a lot on your driving style etc. I think from the blues up to the golds are where you need to be. Golds tend to be a little hard for my liking and i find it hard to keep the wheels on the apex. You really need to be on the apex at brendale.
What do you think of the Enneti's, AMG?
A couple of the guys down here have tried them and reckon they couldn't get them up to temp. or something.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #6748
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
Not much you can do about the tire wear issue with the solid rear setup.
Well, I guess there is one thing I can do . . .

FOR SALE or TRADE

1 x Solid Rear Axle, suit V-one-R
Only driven on Sundays. . . Best Offer.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:48 AM   #6749
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
What do you think of the Enneti's, AMG?
A couple of the guys down here have tried them and reckon they couldn't get them up to temp. or something.
Getting on temp a foam, huh!

I used Enetti during the last 1.5 years and therefore seemed a disadvantage getting only 35/40 and 45 hardness I need to say that is straighter and more strict to the shore ratings that put on the box.

Used in the past ellegis and Microsystems and switched to those tyre on my 200mm touring and on my MRX3.

Like those tyres a lot. In fact, two weeks ago bought 50 complete sets of tyres for my 200mm car on assorted hardness (enough for half season). Probably at first times the tyre shouldn't like (I know, the 40 from enetti is quite different to the Ellegi ones and grips on a different way).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:39 AM   #6750
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Getting on temp a foam, huh!

I used Enetti during the last 1.5 years and therefore seemed a disadvantage getting only 35/40 and 45 hardness I need to say that is straighter and more strict to the shore ratings that put on the box.

Used in the past ellegis and Microsystems and switched to those tyre on my 200mm touring and on my MRX3.

Like those tyres a lot. In fact, two weeks ago bought 50 complete sets of tyres for my 200mm car on assorted hardness (enough for half season). Probably at first times the tyre shouldn't like (I know, the 40 from enetti is quite different to the Ellegi ones and grips on a different way).
Yes . . . haven't used Enetti's so it's difficult to comment.
For the last few months we have been using Active tyres - I like them a lot. They are very consistant in both wear and grip - similar to Zac's but with a stiffer rim.
As I understand it, Enetti use Japanese rubber for rear's and GRP for the fronts or something - not sure. I believe the 40's were the issue, here. Our local guys stopped using the fronts but were happy with the rears . . . though it might be the other way around.

What's your opinion on the Enetti's compared to Zac's or Active. ?