Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default thanks guys

thanks for the reply
Old 04-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Advice on V one RR

All right guys and gals here is the big question. I am thinking of buying a V One RR. And I particullarly want to to know the pro and cons of the car, I will be racing it in Australia ( england park, brendale Qld) and want to to know the advantages it has over the MTX3, but on the same hand I would like to know if the car ( straight out of the box) has any little querks. I have previously raced a V One S in the pull start class and found it to be extremely relaible chassis, I currently have a NTC3 and this car may be good in the right hands ( ie Barry Baker and co.) it's a right royal pain in the ass for pro racing in Australia. So if possible please give your honest opions. Set up Sheets would also be really appreicated.

Graeme
Old 04-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

MTX-3 is the top 5 finishers at Brendale on a regular meet. Jeff has parts available at the track at a very competative price.... It would be hard to look past it in terms of both performance and parts availability.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

sparksy I've heard problem like fuel tanks not sealing properly and belt tensioners falling of belts, just the other day a mtx3 hit the wall in the key hole area ever so softly and bent hinge pins and rear lower arms.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well in my past experiance with the mugen mtx 2 wasnt that great at all i found the plastic to soft for all the pullys and they kept on chewing out(this got expensive after awhile) and on the mtx 3, i keep on hearing the tanks keep breaking on the seems and the belt tensioner bearings keep coming off and getting lost. thats not great at all, receiver mounting i do not like at all you can get to many knocks, that was one of the problems on the mrx3, Vone rr comes with the best make of belts ive ever seen and driven with, very smooth, rr two speed is the same size out of the fantom wheres the mtx3 not the same size as mrx, wich i think having the bigger ones going to be more reliable.
rr clutch comes with all the light weight centrifugal shoes.
the suspension i like better on the vone rr and the batery mounting is better so all the spilt fuel doesnt go all over the battery, also heared the mtx3 dog bones are to short for the front that you have to put the mtx2 ones in to fix the problem, why should you have the spend the extra cash to re fix a new design car!!!
well i reckon get what you want to get and be happy with it and have a lot of fun with it and its up to you if you want to join the flock of sheep gang.:lol
Old 04-21-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

mugen kid these are the answers I'm looking for. I know all answers I'm going to get is to join the sheep patrol but let me assure you I'm no kiwi and don't wear velcro gloves. Anyway the price for a V One RR package I was quoted today seems unbeatable. Honestly the RR looks just as good if not a touch better through the corners ( form what I seen on the weekend), even though people with wool coats won't admit this fact. On another forum they are having a disscusion about diff ratio's and they are saying that the RR and the MTX 3 are exactly the same. So I would like to know the slogan " JUST FASTER" came about. Any way catch you down the track maybe next weekend, I'll have something new by then.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I havent had any problems with the tank, belts, tensioner, plastics...

Havent broken anything yet either....

I am running the universals... Most people put option parts on their car anyway... so why do you say this is a flaw?

V-oneRR is a great car... I had one before the MTX3...

I just think the Mugen is a better "package" for racers in brisbane. The Mugen importers support the hobby, the retailers are aplenty, and are also at the track with plenty of stock, and Jeff races what he sells.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Go the vone RR i reckon you will be more happy!. besides theres better chassis availabe.

jeremy
Old 04-21-2003, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by mugen_kid
Well in my past experiance with the mugen mtx 2 wasnt that great at all i found the plastic to soft for all the pullys and they kept on chewing out(this got expensive after awhile) and on the mtx 3, i keep on hearing the tanks keep breaking on the seems and the belt tensioner bearings keep coming off and getting lost. thats not great at all, receiver mounting i do not like at all you can get to many knocks, that was one of the problems on the mrx3, Vone rr comes with the best make of belts ive ever seen and driven with, very smooth, rr two speed is the same size out of the fantom wheres the mtx3 not the same size as mrx, wich i think having the bigger ones going to be more reliable.
rr clutch comes with all the light weight centrifugal shoes.
the suspension i like better on the vone rr and the batery mounting is better so all the spilt fuel doesnt go all over the battery, also heared the mtx3 dog bones are to short for the front that you have to put the mtx2 ones in to fix the problem, why should you have the spend the extra cash to re fix a new design car!!!
well i reckon get what you want to get and be happy with it and have a lot of fun with it and its up to you if you want to join the flock of sheep gang.:lol
This is my past experince and my opinion any way and i felt somthing different.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

If it was between the V1RR and MTX3 I would go the Mugen. It has slight advantages over the V1RR stock for stock in my opinion. Main advantages are:

- Light
- Better rear geometry
- Lower CG from the box

Both are great cars, and my V1RR laps around the same pace as the MTX3s.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks amgracer, that's just something else to think about. Lower the cg of the RR is no real problem though? And I see you have done the m1rr coversion to your car to give more adjustable roll centre. But thank you for your honest opion.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah I am not "brand blinded" in any way. I just call em as I see em.

You can make an RR every bit as good as the MTX3 in all areas except lightness. But I have invested a fair bit into hopups hence my preference for the MTX3 "stock for stock".

End result is that my V1RR has never lost me a race it is the idiot on the transmitter.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by finchy
thanks amgracer, that's just something else to think about. Lower the cg of the RR is no real problem though? And I see you have done the m1rr coversion to your car to give more adjustable roll centre. But thank you for your honest opion.
hi greame its all up to you in the end and doesnt matter what car you go for they are mostly the same anyway both have good and bad things.
but when i was in the decision making time i went for Vone rr over the mtx3 Good luck!

Jeremy
Old 04-21-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by sparksy
I havent had any problems with the tank, belts, tensioner, plastics...

Havent broken anything yet either....

I am running the universals... Most people put option parts on their car anyway... so why do you say this is a flaw?

V-oneRR is a great car... I had one before the MTX3...

I just think the Mugen is a better "package" for racers in brisbane. The Mugen importers support the hobby, the retailers are aplenty, and are also at the track with plenty of stock, and Jeff races what he sells.
Hi sparksy the tank and belt tensioner problem is just what ive heard off another bloke from brendale thats it, and plastic problem with the pullys was only on the mtx2.
sorry if it sound bad.

Jeremy
Old 04-21-2003, 01:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

In the long run I think it's better to go with a chassis that your familiar with. Kyosho is a proven company and they have a race history which is really good. I know what your saying and all the top chassis are all competetive. I think my decsision is done. Thanks to all for your opions. Talk to you soon Jeremy may need some advice on lowering that steering servo and a few other things if that's no problem.

Graeme

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.