Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Reply

Old 04-13-2003, 02:14 PM
  #6601  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

I think it must be the track layout that is causing me trouble. The car handles OK with the blues but it is a little squirrely in the sweepers.

The track has two 130 foot straights which end in medium tight sweepers and are joined by a large number of 180 degree tight corners. The light blues are great with 37sh all around in the infield, but I find it a little nervous thru the very high speed sweepers.
AMGRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 04:19 PM
  #6602  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,573
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I think it must be the track layout that is causing me trouble. The car handles OK with the blues but it is a little squirrely in the sweepers.

The track has two 130 foot straights which end in medium tight sweepers and are joined by a large number of 180 degree tight corners. The light blues are great with 37sh all around in the infield, but I find it a little nervous thru the very high speed sweepers.
AMG

Used m1rr with light blue in moorebank yesterday, very promisig going thought 180, and as you said little nervous if I got the wrong line for the sweeper, will try stiff up the rear a bit to see what will do. still looking for the perfect setup for NSW title
tl2111 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 04:29 PM
  #6603  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Originally posted by tl2111
AMG

Used m1rr with light blue in moorebank yesterday, very promisig going thought 180, and as you said little nervous if I got the wrong line for the sweeper, will try stiff up the rear a bit to see what will do. still looking for the perfect setup for NSW title
Good to see your experience is the same as mine!!

I went to red front and gold rear with pretty good results, but then low speed suffered. This track is an annoying blend of low and high speed
AMGRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 04:36 PM
  #6604  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,573
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Good to see your experience is the same as mine!!

I went to red front and gold rear with pretty good results, but then low speed suffered. This track is an annoying blend of low and high speed
Is the red softer then light blue???
tl2111 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:29 PM
  #6605  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,155
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

What's the part number to these light blue springs?

Last edited by Sushi Boy; 04-13-2003 at 06:28 PM.
Korey Harbke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:49 PM
  #6606  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Originally posted by tl2111
Is the red softer then light blue???
Red is softer than gold and and stiffer than blue.
AMGRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:03 PM
  #6607  
TBR
Tech Regular
 
TBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 338
Default

After a couple of months driving the MTX-3 I am ready to have another crack at getting the mighty V one RR going this Easter break. I am going to have a go out using the Mugen rear end on it. AMG what spacers do you use on the rear end camber linkage?
TBR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:23 PM
  #6608  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Joehwee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,555
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Can someone tell what do I need to buy to convert my VIRR to the M1RR? I know it had been posted before but I can't seem to find it. Thanks
Joehwee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:51 PM
  #6609  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Originally posted by TBR
After a couple of months driving the MTX-3 I am ready to have another crack at getting the mighty V one RR going this Easter break. I am going to have a go out using the Mugen rear end on it. AMG what spacers do you use on the rear end camber linkage?
I am running 4mm right now. This is for Brendale. Around 3mm seems good for Meakin park.

I am still playing tho.
AMGRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 09:00 PM
  #6610  
TBR
Tech Regular
 
TBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 338
Default

Thanks AMG Have you raced at Brendale this year?
TBR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 09:47 PM
  #6611  
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Originally posted by TBR
Thanks AMG Have you raced at Brendale this year?
Have not raced yet. Found this from my very initial testing of this M1RR mod when Manticore and I were developing it

This mod actually works nicely on the concrete at Wynnum!! I did not think this would be the case.
AMGRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 11:28 PM
  #6612  
Tech Apprentice
 
mugen_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 90
Default

is possible to have some pics of the m1rr conversion???
mugen_kid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 12:41 AM
  #6613  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Have not raced yet. Found this from my very initial testing of this M1RR mod when Manticore and I were developing it

This mod actually works nicely on the concrete at Wynnum!! I did not think this would be the case.


Thanks dude ! This was actually AMGracer's inspiration.
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 08:42 AM
  #6614  
RC
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 93
Default

M1RR
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-m1rr.jpg  
RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 08:46 AM
  #6615  
RC
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 93
Default

.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-m1rr-.jpg  
RC is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service