R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2003, 08:04 PM   #6451
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Agreed.

Manticore:I can't remember if you've posted the Mugen clutch conversion before. Is it somewhere back a few hundred pages? Or would you mind listing the necessary parts?
I would recommend to not get the clutch set as you wont have any choice on the flywheel size. now mugen has a much smaller flywheel and you can further lower the CG.

parts to get are

Flywheel - standard size and small size, if you use small size, you need to use mugen engine mount as it will lower your engine but you need to slot the main chassis so that your clutch bell wont touch it.
flyweight
engine nut
clutch pad backing plate
spring retainer
adjusting nut
spring
clutch bell


you need to use kyosho pinion on the mugen clutch bell.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:47 PM   #6452
Tech Master
 
T-shirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I know you are joking but Kyosho will be releasing a new revised vehicle soon which will be as good as the MTX3 out of the box.
i think they already released it in japan

the car comes with shimo racing chasis, 2mm carbon top deck, side alloy brace with bearings, sirio.12 engine with kyosho manifold and tune pipe, SP break disk, etc much more to comes
they will use this car for KYOSHO CUP

V-one RR is not dead yet
T-shirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:59 PM   #6453
Tech Regular
 
NitroNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 303
Default

is the m1rr the new v1rr?
NitroNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:58 PM   #6454
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroNut
is the m1rr the new v1rr?
No it is not, Its a v one rr with mugen parts on it
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:01 PM   #6455
Tech Adept
 
NitroJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, Dairy Land
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
No it is not, Its a v one rr with mugen parts on it
This mean I don't have to get the MTX3
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:05 PM   #6456
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroJoe
This mean I don't have to get the MTX3
Nope, but you can if you wan't to

I have seen some pretty good people jump the big K ship in the last few months
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:13 PM   #6457
Tech Master
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,561
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by T-shirt
i think they already released it in japan

the car comes with shimo racing chasis, 2mm carbon top deck, side alloy brace with bearings, sirio.12 engine with kyosho manifold and tune pipe, SP break disk, etc much more to comes
they will use this car for KYOSHO CUP

V-one RR is not dead yet
No Rudi

This is not the new car, the new car should have new design and it is a shaft drive car.
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:22 PM   #6458
Tech Master
 
T-shirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
No Rudi

This is not the new car, the new car should have new design and it is a shaft drive car.
T-shirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:29 PM   #6459
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by T-shirt
i think they already released it in japan

the car comes with shimo racing chasis, 2mm carbon top deck, side alloy brace with bearings, sirio.12 engine with kyosho manifold and tune pipe, SP break disk, etc much more to comes
they will use this car for KYOSHO CUP

V-one RR is not dead yet
This is just another updated version. The version I am talking about is a further update with lower cg and it WILL retain the belt drive I am assured. Look for a micro sized Fantom Evolution.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #6460
Tech Master
 
T-shirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
This is just another updated version. The version I am talking about is a further update with lower cg and it WILL retain the belt drive I am assured. Look for a micro sized Fantom Evolution.
oke dokie
can't wait to see it
T-shirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:41 PM   #6461
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
I would recommend to not get the clutch set as you wont have any choice on the flywheel size. now mugen has a much smaller flywheel and you can further lower the CG.

parts to get are

Flywheel - standard size and small size, if you use small size, you need to use mugen engine mount as it will lower your engine but you need to slot the main chassis so that your clutch bell wont touch it.
flyweight
engine nut
clutch pad backing plate
spring retainer
adjusting nut
spring
clutch bell


you need to use kyosho pinion on the mugen clutch bell.
Great, thank you man..............ticore.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:44 AM   #6462
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroNut
is the m1rr the new v1rr?
The M1RR is a standard V1RR with the following mods:

Mugen Centax Clutch - preferably the MTX3 version with the new flywheel
Mugen Rear Hubs - these allow for a much greater range of camber link adjustments than the stock item.

Slap these on and your V1RR is as good as any MTX3 in my opinion.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:47 AM   #6463
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
I like it especially through the esse and the sweeper feel nice and stable. But I need found out how to get the damn thing accelarate
quicker. The MTX3 just eat me on that!! the 3D just not in the same league.
I have never had the 3D clutch on the car so I am not sure.

Get the Mugen clutch with the light flyweights, the grey clutch shoes and the gold spring. Try 0.4mm endfloat and 1.5mm on the adjustment nut and this thing will be a slingshot.

Also get some lighter mainshafts and countershafts these help heaps. Clean the bearings out if they have grease in them. Should be a rocket.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 04:14 AM   #6464
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I have never had the 3D clutch on the car so I am not sure.

Get the Mugen clutch with the light flyweights, the grey clutch shoes and the gold spring. Try 0.4mm endfloat and 1.5mm on the adjustment nut and this thing will be a slingshot.

Also get some lighter mainshafts and countershafts these help heaps. Clean the bearings out if they have grease in them. Should be a rocket.
once tommy has finally finished doing this all the mugen newbs will have perfectedthier setups and he'll still be behind! only joking, good luck with it and i hope you have it all ready and fully tuned before the states.

yeah the mugen clutch is awsome! it's breathed new life in my old s3 and with the mugen already being a lighter car it screams.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 04:59 AM   #6465
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
once tommy has finally finished doing this all the mugen newbs will have perfectedthier setups and he'll still be behind! only joking, good luck with it and i hope you have it all ready and fully tuned before the states.

yeah the mugen clutch is awsome! it's breathed new life in my old s3 and with the mugen already being a lighter car it screams.
Hehehe the MTX3 sure is a good car out the box. Nice and light!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:52 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net