R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-09-2003, 02:21 PM   #6376
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HYPER
ANYONE HAVE A RUBBER TIRE SET UP ? THANKS
I have a pretty good one for a short concrete track. I came 1st, 1st, 1st and the lead the final by 2 laps until my OS TR rod let go

Front

70wt oil
Yellow fantom/Red V1R spring
Gear Diff 30K oil
0 toe
1 camber

Rear

50wt oil
Black Kyosho spring
TCD gear diff
3 toe
1 camber
Rear camber rod flat as possible

When racing rubber at least 70% of the cars setup comes from the rubber. I use Eagle racing 34R and Speedmind blue inserts on some custom made rims.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 03:49 PM   #6377
Tech Regular

RcLover where did u get your charger and does it discharge, how much? thx for advice also ne one know where i can rear blade type sways bars ? and will someone plz reply to my question bout the tyre thing

Last edited by NitroNut; 03-09-2003 at 09:52 PM.
NitroNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:44 PM   #6378
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroNut
RcLover where did u get your charger and does it discharge, how much? thx for advice also ne one know where i can rear blade type sways bars ? and will someone plz reply to my question bout the tyre thing
my bro got it from Germany during his business trip there.
This charger discharge at only 1amp which i think is very slow.
here's the link http://www.schulze-elektronik-gmbh.de/index_uk.htm and you may enquire direct from them. its priced around EUR175 incl. V.A.T.

another good charger would be the Orbit Microlader series...but they cost a little more...www.orbitronic.de/

u mean blade type rear adj roll bars for RR?

Last edited by RClover; 03-09-2003 at 11:52 PM.
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:59 AM   #6379
Tech Regular

that fits a r sway bar
Old 03-10-2003, 06:54 PM   #6380
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have an ofna starter box w/ a 12v batt. and it starts anything!
Old 03-10-2003, 07:37 PM   #6381
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
that fits a r sway bar
hmm...havent seen one...but K-factory makes one, quite similar in concept but not as exactly like the ones make for the MTX-3...
www.kfactoryracing.com
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:37 PM   #6382
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Pit-racer
I have an ofna starter box w/ a 12v batt. and it starts anything! Even my F250 with the Horns mounted on the Hood.

(Couldn't resist)
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:19 PM   #6383
Tech Regular

Ahhh!! hopefully i can break in my engine this weekend gonna b high 60's or something pray for me!!!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 09:31 PM   #6384
Tech Adept

Quote:
Ahhh!! hopefully i can break in my engine this weekend gonna b high 60's or something pray for me!!!!!
How do U going to start the engine. spin you bike rear fast then put the car on the tire to start the engine
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:10 PM   #6385
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroJoe
How do U going to start the engine. spin you bike rear fast then put the car on the tire to start the engine
forget it !! it is the grandpap method of starting up an engine in old days. (my time)
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:25 PM   #6386
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
forget it !! it is the grandpap method of starting up an engine in old days. (my time)
Speaking grandpap: how the heck are you Manti, you have been hiding

you don't like AIM anymore??
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:26 PM   #6387
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default good farewell to my babies!

well my v1rr's finale ride was a good one this weekend. I only raced it cause no parts for the mtx3 (dogbones fell out).

I raced the same car in 200mm with a stratus and then put a lola on to race against the 235s too. I was chasing tire setup the day but finally got it together for the main. I was holding down 2nd in the A in Touring when something happened and locked my steering up 6 minutes in.

But the RR went out with a win against the impacts in 235 class. There was only one guy with an 835 that was really faster than me and he was just a tad quicker through the infield but NONE of the big blocks could touch me on the str8. I honestly believe my RR was faster on the str8 (about 180 foot) than my 1/8 scale (collari 5 port with mega turbo pipe). Insane speed from a .12 it wasn't even fair in touring...lol...I'd make up 6-7 car lengths easy if I had the setup working and knew how to negotiate lappers better it would've been taking candy.

RR is one tough car, I got completely airborne when I nicked a board, car just skimmed along the ground, landed like a cat and kept right on going I'm gonna hate to sell this car
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:32 PM   #6388
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default Re: good farewell to my babies!

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
well my v1rr's finale ride was a good one this weekend. I only raced it cause no parts for the mtx3 (dogbones fell out).

I raced the same car in 200mm with a stratus and then put a lola on to race against the 235s too. I was chasing tire setup the day but finally got it together for the main. I was holding down 2nd in the A in Touring when something happened and locked my steering up 6 minutes in.

But the RR went out with a win against the impacts in 235 class. There was only one guy with an 835 that was really faster than me and he was just a tad quicker through the infield but NONE of the big blocks could touch me on the str8. I honestly believe my RR was faster on the str8 (about 180 foot) than my 1/8 scale (collari 5 port with mega turbo pipe). Insane speed from a .12 it wasn't even fair in touring...lol...I'd make up 6-7 car lengths easy if I had the setup working and knew how to negotiate lappers better it would've been taking candy.

RR is one tough car, I got completely airborne when I nicked a board, car just skimmed along the ground, landed like a cat and kept right on going I'm gonna hate to sell this car
You do know there is No good reason to sell that car You have and probably will always have more than 1 car.
I say keep it even if ya use it on practice days, you know you love to drive the piss out of it.
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:37 PM   #6389
Tech Elite

Yeah those RODY 5 Ports are amazing. I'm definitely hanging on to my RR for a while!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:11 PM   #6390
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Speaking grandpap: how the heck are you Manti, you have been hiding

you don't like AIM anymore??
my trillian doesnt work ! I normally log on AIM there ! damn it.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote