R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2003, 07:58 PM   #6271
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I almost always run the front 1mm smaller than the rear in these conditions, not for handling but to even the tire wear in the longer mains.
Ummm, I also noticed that on brand new set of foams, the rears (66mm) will be 1 mm more than the front (65 mm).
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:10 PM   #6272
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

New V ONE RR, belt veriosn, coming out in May. lower CG

New V one RR, shaft verison, coming out in June!!!

weird to come out with 2 diff car at the same time but confirmed from the HK Kyosho importer last night.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:23 PM   #6273
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
New V ONE RR, belt veriosn, coming out in May. lower CG

New V one RR, shaft verison, coming out in June!!!

weird to come out with 2 diff car at the same time but confirmed from the HK Kyosho importer last night.
Any sneak peeks
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:25 PM   #6274
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nova racer
have you tried the lsd in the front? does it work?
It will fit there is no doubt there. I have never tried it however as I almost always run a oneway.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:33 PM   #6275
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: LSD or Standard Diff?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
AMG,
Just curious the Diff that was issued in the V One RR GT kit is a Standard or LSD Diff? I thought there was only the Stanard Gear Diff or the SRA.
The kit comes with a standard diff. The LSD is AWESOME.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:36 PM   #6276
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
New V ONE RR, belt veriosn, coming out in May. lower CG

New V one RR, shaft verison, coming out in June!!!

weird to come out with 2 diff car at the same time but confirmed from the HK Kyosho importer last night.
Any more info or pictures!!!!!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:40 PM   #6277
Tech Adept
 
DCR1TWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 133
Default Re: Re: LSD or Standard Diff?

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
The kit comes with a standard diff. The LSD is AWESOME.
What type of fluid are you running in the LSD (LSD Fluid or Diff oil)? How would you compare it's performance to the Kawahara Negative diff? I just picked up the Kawahara unit and haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I have tried the LSD with the included fluid and I can't say that I noticed much difference.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:09 AM   #6278
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: LSD or Standard Diff?

Quote:
Originally posted by DCR1TWO
What type of fluid are you running in the LSD (LSD Fluid or Diff oil)? How would you compare it's performance to the Kawahara Negative diff? I just picked up the Kawahara unit and haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I have tried the LSD with the included fluid and I can't say that I noticed much difference.
I use the LSD fluid or sometimes 10K mugen diff grease. The Kyosho unit is much more progressive and smooth than the Kawahara unit. You can feel the Kawahara unit much more than the Kyosho unit. For high grip tracks I think the Kawahara unit is the one to get. Anything else will be great with the LSD.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:20 AM   #6279
Tech Adept
 
DCR1TWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 133
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: LSD or Standard Diff?

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I use the LSD fluid or sometimes 10K mugen diff grease. The Kyosho unit is much more progressive and smooth than the Kawahara unit. You can feel the Kawahara unit much more than the Kyosho unit. For high grip tracks I think the Kawahara unit is the one to get. Anything else will be great with the LSD.
Thanks for the info, I might have to give the LSD a try again to compare it to the Kawahara.

BTW - Off the subject. Looks like the Kyosho site finally has V-One RR instructions posted online (for those thinking about converting the rear), and they have a bunch of new options for the V-One Series cars... Aluminum rear shock tower(old stlye) with more shock mounting locations, titanium dogbones, etc.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #6280
Tech Adept
 
NitroJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, Dairy Land
Posts: 121
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LSD or Standard Diff?

Quote:
Originally posted by DCR1TWO
Thanks for the info, I might have to give the LSD a try again to compare it to the Kawahara.

BTW - Off the subject. Looks like the Kyosho site finally has V-One RR instructions posted online (for those thinking about converting the rear), and they have a bunch of new options for the V-One Series cars... Aluminum rear shock tower(old stlye) with more shock mounting locations, titanium dogbones, etc.
DC,
I could not find any instruction 4 V 1rr but the parts list. can U post the link? thanks,
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:02 PM   #6281
Tech Adept
 
DCR1TWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroJoe
DC,
I could not find any instruction 4 V 1rr but the parts list. can U post the link? thanks,
You can find it on the Japanese version of the site:


Instruction Manuals

They have the parts lists, exploded views, and Manuals, listed in that order. You will need adobe to download the PDF file.

Last edited by DCR1TWO; 02-21-2003 at 05:05 PM.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:06 PM   #6282
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LSD or Standard Diff?

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroJoe
DC,
I could not find any instruction 4 V 1rr but the parts list. can U post the link? thanks,

www.kyosho.co.jp

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:33 PM   #6283
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Any more info or pictures!!!!!
love to have pics, (to show I am the first to know!!! haha )
I asked and the shaft version wiill be very diff to their existing pure ten design for sure.

the V one RR designer was in Hong Kong racing in Nov with Ito and both was testing a lot of the Kawahara stuff.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 04:10 PM   #6284
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 67
Send a message via ICQ to rbgti
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
love to have pics, (to show I am the first to know!!! haha )
I asked and the shaft version wiill be very diff to their existing pure ten design for sure.

the V one RR designer was in Hong Kong racing in Nov with Ito and both was testing a lot of the Kawahara stuff.
So do you know if this is a replacement car (all new) or is this an update, just like how the RR was?
rbgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 11:37 PM   #6285
Tech Regular
 
NitroNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 303
Default

Out of 10 ppl how many u think would use a oneway?
NitroNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net