R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-14-2003, 05:25 AM   #6196
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Help!!

Hi I need help
I have just bought the K Factory carbon fibre top deck and the low CG fuel tank for my V one R and have just started putting servos in it but My reciever housing (where it holds the reciever)clashes with the low CG fuel tank? The seem around the tank just seems to prevent the holes marring up to each other am I doing soemthing wrong or is there some other part that I need? I saw earlier that AMGracer has the low CG tank and deck with the same reciver housing and his fits in. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 05:40 AM   #6197
Tech Elite

Default Re: Help!!

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
Hi I need help
I have just bought the K Factory carbon fibre top deck and the low CG fuel tank for my V one R and have just started putting servos in it but My reciever housing (where it holds the reciever)clashes with the low CG fuel tank? The seem around the tank just seems to prevent the holes marring up to each other am I doing soemthing wrong or is there some other part that I need? I saw earlier that AMGracer has the low CG tank and deck with the same reciver housing and his fits in. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks
Yes, The low CG tank is fairly wide under the top deck and intrudes into the receiver holder. You will need to modify/cut the receiver housing to accommodate it.
You'll save a bit more weight, too.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 05:48 AM   #6198
TBR
Tech Regular

Thanks for that
thats what I was hoping not to hear. I am running with Futaba 3PJ radio gear I would have thought that I I did cut away some of the housing that it could then vibrate on the receiver and cause radio problem then? Ie thats why the reciever housing is isolated away from the rest of the chassis?
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 06:21 AM   #6199
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TBR
Thanks for that
thats what I was hoping not to hear. I am running with Futaba 3PJ radio gear I would have thought that I I did cut away some of the housing that it could then vibrate on the receiver and cause radio problem then? Ie thats why the reciever housing is isolated away from the rest of the chassis?
I'm sure it will be fine - everyone using this combo has had to cut the receiver holder.
A couple of things here . . .

Given that the receiver holder is vibration isolated from the top deck by virtue of the "O" ring mountings, theoretically you should be able to strap the reciever in firmly - ours is.

Secondly, be sure to cut sufficient material away so that the holder doesn't touch or have the potential to wear away at your new tank.

Remember, Kyosho didn't design with the low CG tank in mind. It may be possible to use the Reflex receiver holder if it really worries you.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 06:47 AM   #6200
Tech Regular

eh.. if i get a front swaybar would i need rears immediately or just later on in the process?
NitroNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:17 AM   #6201
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Remember, Kyosho didn't design with the low CG tank in mind. It may be possible to use the Reflex receiver holder if it really worries you.
yeap...get the Trinity Receiver Housing/ Team Magic Receiver Housing...i have it and it is strong and protect your receiver under massive impact...

look like this.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101121(ss).jpg (3.8 KB, 130 views)
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:42 AM   #6202
Tech Fanatic

Default Shortening Camber Link

How to shorten the camber link to 35mm from 40mm to accommodate the MTX-3 rear upright with 3mm spacers?
Change the ball end to shorter ones? do i use back the Kyosho 6.8mm ball end with 6.8mm pillow ball on the camber link?
thanks

Last edited by RClover; 02-14-2003 at 09:48 AM.
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #6203
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Part no. for Fantom Spring

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
FM424

Does anyone know which springs come in the Super Hard Spring Set for the V1R?

Spring Set
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 09:37 PM   #6204
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I get all my stuff from Harmony models in Hong Kong.
AMG & Manti.
Could you both pls post the rear of your V 1 r? thanks,
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #6205
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroJoe
AMG & Manti.
Could you both pls post the rear of your V 1 r? thanks,
check ealier posts. I have posted picture of my V1RR rear end.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:38 AM   #6206
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to rbgti

Manticore,

I noticed your front suspension arms look different, anything special about them?

Also, I noticed in all the pics you guys post, no one seems to use the front overdrive with the softer belts. Is there a reason for this or is it just personal preference?? I found that after I switched the pulleys to 24t and the belts, my R rolls smoother and gets better top speed. Is there that big of a disadvantage with using the overdrive??? Please explain......
rbgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:58 PM   #6207
Tech Regular

Default 24T Conversion

Quote:
Originally posted by rbgti
Manticore,

I noticed your front suspension arms look different, anything special about them?

Also, I noticed in all the pics you guys post, no one seems to use the front overdrive with the softer belts. Is there a reason for this or is it just personal preference?? I found that after I switched the pulleys to 24t and the belts, my R rolls smoother and gets better top speed. Is there that big of a disadvantage with using the overdrive??? Please explain......
Basically the 24T conversion adds 5 tooth rollout to the internal drive train ratio (not sure what it is after the conversion). So on tracks that have a ling straightaway like 180+ ft, you dont have gear up massively to keep from winding your motor out. Of course this also depends on what motor you are running and how you are running it (i.e. Tune setup). I personally am running the 24T conversion with a 15/49 1st gear and 19/45 2nd gear at Revelation here in Southern CA. I was told that the internal ratio was like 2:1 but I am not sure. So the extra 5 tooth rollout is the reason why your top end looks easier to attain.
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 06:52 PM   #6208
Tech Apprentice

Default Gearing

By using the 15T/19T pinions with 48T/44T, i noted extra accelaration/pick-up.

But by changing the Spurs to 49T/45T with the same 15T/19T pinions, what have you gained from it? more top speed while maintaining good acceleration?

BTW, i am running the 25T Front Side pulley.

Thanks,
Advanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #6209
Tech Master

If you change to from 48T/44T spurs to 49T/45T spurs you will gain more acceleration and less top speed if you keep the same pinions
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 08:38 PM   #6210
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 24T Conversion

Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
I was told that the internal ratio was like 2:1 but I am not sure. So the extra 5 tooth rollout is the reason why your top end looks easier to attain.
It's pretty simple to calculate the internal drive ratio;

Rear side
48T/24T = 2

or

Front side
32T/18T x 27T/24T = 2
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote