R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2001, 05:47 AM   #601
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
How much difference dows the Lola body make? Would it make an oversteering car into a neutral car just with the body?
The LOLA gives the best downward forces and thus giving better handling characteristics such as better steering control and better rear end traction whilst negotiating a high speed sweeper. It does give and oversteer but some amount of experimentation on the rear wings should solve the problem...but too much of downward force in the rear might cause an understeer...
The Serpent factory drivers were complaining of too much steering, but modifications to the rear wing solved the problem...
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 05:49 AM   #602
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


the Lola is a very neutral body but it gives you much much better overall downforce
Yes it does... but I wonder if anyone tried the 1/8th configuration like a front one way and a solid rear axila on a 1/8th? How does it compare other than the speed?
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 05:49 AM   #603
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler

The LOLA gives the best downward forces and thus giving better handling characteristics such as better steering control and better rear end traction whilst negotiating a high speed sweeper. It does give and oversteer but some amount of experimentation on the rear wings should solve the problem...but too much of downward force in the rear might cause an understeer...
The Serpent factory drivers were complaining of too much steering, but modifications to the rear wing solved the problem...
node node !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 05:51 AM   #604
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler

Yes it does... but I wonder if anyone tried the 1/8th configuration like a front one way and a solid rear axila on a 1/8th? How does it compare other than the speed?
Hey Manticore! U trying out this configuration soon?
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 05:56 AM   #605
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler

Hey Manticore! U trying out this configuration soon?
i bought a bunch of foam tires but i still havent used them due to busy at work.
I would never try the rear solid axle as 1/10 touring car chassis is very different from IC car. the 1/8 rear tire is a few times wider then the front tire so It wont do any adverse effect to the performance while running a solid axle in the rear end.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 05:59 AM   #606
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


i bought a bunch of foam tires but i still havent used them due to busy at work.
I would never try the rear solid axle as 1/10 touring car chassis is very different from IC car. the 1/8 rear tire is a few times wider then the front tire so It wont do any adverse effect to the performance while running a solid axle in the rear end.
I thought manufacturers are coming out with conversion kits that allow 1/10th cars to run wider rear tires? This would not help?
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 06:02 AM   #607
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler

I thought manufacturers are coming out with conversion kits that allow 1/10th cars to run wider rear tires? This would not help?
I have heard that the world champion in australia use the kawahara rear negative diff in the world's.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 06:05 AM   #608
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


I have heard that the world champion in australia use the kawahara rear negative diff in the world's.
u mean Kenji Osaka uses a Kawahara Negative Diff on his MRX3?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 06:06 AM   #609
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur


u mean Kenji Osaka uses a Kawahara Negative Diff on his MRX3?
YES !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 06:07 AM   #610
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

The LOLA bodies that we run on are based on the 1970's Porche LOLA design...
This is the the new body in the 2001 LeManns... Solves most problem of understeer!
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 06:08 AM   #611
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


YES !
wah! manti where did u read that from? u got his setup sheet or something like that?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 06:16 AM   #612
Tech Regular
 
Mauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 413
Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


I have heard that the world champion in australia use the kawahara rear negative diff in the world's.
No wonder the top 3 Japanese lap the others by such a large distance!
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 06:21 AM   #613
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

out of curiosity, what if the clutch in the negative diff wears off one day? im sure it will right......are they any direct replacements? how abt the kyosho LSD? need to get a new set to replace worn ones?
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 06:27 AM   #614
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


I have heard that the world champion in australia use the kawahara rear negative diff in the world's.
Who u talkin bout Willis?

Nothing mention on his setup sheet he used here Moon

http://www.mugenseiki.com/setupsheetmrx3-e092201wc.pdf
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 07:13 AM   #615
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur


wah! manti where did u read that from? u got his setup sheet or something like that?
got this information from a friend of kawahara. !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net