Tech Regular

KK thx
NitroNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 05:02 PM   #6062
Tech Regular

Default Where were you Kev?

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Similar track? In Honolulu? Aay, where's dat brah? You talking to one forma island boy (well almost, move to Calif. when I was three!). All my relatives are there though, so I'd like to find out where you guys are driving...

Don' t know if I want to publicly post my setup (highly secret, have to kill ya' if I told you, etc.) . j/k I'll PM you with details when I get a chance.
I was at Rev last night. I thought you had mentioned that you were going to be by? Anyways I am in transition to changing out my Diff lube in the rear. I will most likely be there on Saturday preparing for this weeks race. Hopefully we will see you there!
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:18 PM   #6063
Tech Initiate

Default Pipe/Engine Query

Hi,

I got a query. I'm running a run of mill Nova (RS12). Initially I was using the black kyosho pipe (shown on the V1R box), it offers me good acceleration but I was a bit let down on the high end.

Me an a couple of frens are playing in parking lots with straights of 200-250 meters, the kyosho pipe ran outta breath mid way through the straights. Juz got myself an 7mm outlaw pipe which I thot looks promising, it has the punch of the kyosho and very good high end but there's a flat spot in the mid end.

Do I need to adjust the mid end needle, lean it or richen it or izzit coz the RS12 is not powerful enuff to use the outlaw pipe?
Tronky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:38 PM   #6064
Tech Elite

Default Re: Where were you Kev?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
I was at Rev last night. I thought you had mentioned that you were going to be by? Anyways I am in transition to changing out my Diff lube in the rear. I will most likely be there on Saturday preparing for this weeks race. Hopefully we will see you there!
Yeah sorry dude, I couldn't make it out yesterday afterall. Stopped by today for a bit (enough time to break the Mugen!). Not sure when I'll be out again... got a lot of work to get to.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:02 PM   #6065
Tech Regular

Talking No Problem

I believe Caesar and myself will be making an appearence tomorrow for a final check on the setup. We will be racing Sunday so hopefully well catch you on the flip side!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:20 PM   #6066
Tech Regular

What kind of charger would u guys recommend for a multi purpose charger.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:25 PM   #6067
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is the V-One-RR any different from the GRP version other than the body and 3D clutch? Is the 3D externally adjustable?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 11:01 PM   #6068
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by performula
Is the V-One-RR any different from the GRP version other than the body and 3D clutch? Is the 3D externally adjustable?
performula, this is AMGRacer's previous post. I'll cut and paste here;

Yes there is a V-One-RR. This is the versions:

V1R - the standard car which comes with gear diffs and rubber tires
V1R GRP silver - the standard car which comes with a front one way, black swaybars and 26mm foam tires
V1R GRP gold - the standard car which comes with a front one way, black swaybars, 26mm front foam tires and 30mm rear foam tires
V1RR - a modified version with a different rear configuration with more layed down rear shocks and a floating rear mount like a 1/10th or 1/8th car. Comes with swaybars front oneway and overdriven side pulley option. Also has a transponder mount and a lola body compatible front bumper. Also includes a Centax clutch and Kyohso lola body.
V1RR GT - a modified version with a different rear configuration with more layed down rear shocks and a floating rear mount like a 1/10th or 1/8th car. Comes with swaybars front oneway and overdriven side pulley option. Also includes a Centax clutch. This version comes with a Protoform touring car body and provision to use the floating mount with the tourer body.

InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:49 AM   #6069
Tech Regular

Initial D is a good anime
Old 02-11-2003, 12:05 PM   #6070
Tech Regular

Default Charger?

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroNut
What kind of charger would u guys recommend for a multi purpose charger.
Well it really depends on what your definition of multipurpose is? If you want an overall multipurpose charger for nitro:

Well then I would suggest the MRC Superbrain 959. It is only $44.99 at Ultimate Hobbies (Orange, CA). It will charge from 0.5 - 4.5 amps, does NICD & NIMH, 5-50mv adjustable delta peak, works on both AC and DC. I use this charger for my receiver and transmitter batteries. It can also charge single cell for your glow plug starters.

The only drawbacks that I see with this unit is that the Amp rates are only available in 0.5 amp increments. The delta peak values are limited in groups of 10 (actually no big deal). The last thing that I dont like about it, but live with, your settings on the charger dont stay with it when you shut it down. Oh and if you use it to charge at 4.5 amps for a battery, there is a computer fan mod that need to be done to it so that you dont blow it up.

My 2 cents
Old 02-11-2003, 12:49 PM   #6071
Tech Regular

Default Raytek Raynger ST20

Anyone have any opinons on the new line of RayTek Temp guns? Do any of you out there use one? Just trying to gather some info on deciding if I am getting an Exergen or not.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:22 PM   #6072
Tech Regular

Does the charger ur talkin about trickle the battery or uncharge it?

Last edited by NitroNut; 02-11-2003 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #6073
Tech Adept

Default Re: Raytek Raynger ST20

Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
Anyone have any opinons on the new line of RayTek Temp guns? Do any of you out there use one? Just trying to gather some info on deciding if I am getting an Exergen or not.
I haven't tried the Exergen, but i've used Raytek for a couple of years now, and I haven't had any problems. The ST20 is a good unit, but for about half the price you can pick up an MT4. It has 8:1 optics with a range of -18 to 275C.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:25 PM   #6074
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
performula, this is AMGRacer's previous post. I'll cut and paste here;

V1RR - a modified version with a different rear configuration with more layed down rear shocks and a floating rear mount like a 1/10th or 1/8th car. Comes with swaybars front oneway and overdriven side pulley option. Also has a transponder mount and a lola body compatible front bumper. Also includes a Centax clutch and Kyohso lola body.
V1RR GT - a modified version with a different rear configuration with more layed down rear shocks and a floating rear mount like a 1/10th or 1/8th car. Comes with swaybars front oneway and overdriven side pulley option. Also includes a Centax clutch. This version comes with a Protoform touring car body and provision to use the floating mount with the tourer body.

I have been meaning to get a V one RR because based on what I see out at our track, this car has the best corner speed and it is just a ROCK! It hardly breaks.

I was wondering though that, is the Rear Floating Body Mount legal under roar guidlines? I have honestly been wanting this version but would certainly be a bummer if they won't let me run it in sanctioned races..

Am not sure if this question was already answered before but any info would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
Old 02-11-2003, 02:51 PM   #6075
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf-ronni
I have been meaning to get a V one RR because based on what I see out at our track, this car has the best corner speed and it is just a ROCK! It hardly breaks.

I was wondering though that, is the Rear Floating Body Mount legal under roar guidlines? I have honestly been wanting this version but would certainly be a bummer if they won't let me run it in sanctioned races..

Am not sure if this question was already answered before but any info would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
It has already been asked I forget who answered but the consensus was that the floating mount is fine under the ROAR rules. I know there was a RR at the world cup last year so presumably it was run under ROAR rules.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote