R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-10-2001, 02:28 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

I have the new V-One R Limited Slip Differential (which is not available here in the US but i got it from a friend who bought it in Singapore. Anyone use it yet? it seems the gears can also be put in the front diff as well. Anyone using it for the front AND the rear? I have it in the rear right now with the stock gear diffs in the front.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 03:16 PM   #47
Tech Elite

I had a slight problem with my left front dogbone falling out under some impacts. My front track was set to specified width. So I narrowed it down slightly, then suddenly the car would intermittantly started to do sudden breakaways. Well by narrowing the front track width, now the dogbones had started binding because there was now no clearance side to side. So, then I removed the o-ring from the diff outdrives and now it is fine. My local hobby stores are out of the front universals, and on backorder. Has anyone else had similar concerns?
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 04:40 PM   #48
Tech Regular

You can use the dogbones from the Mugen MTX-2. They are a litle longer than the V-One R's, so you won't need to use the o-Rings on the car. You'll have to set up the front slightly wider though to accomodate the dogbones. I was using these until i ot the 5-star universals and now i don't have dogbones popping out anymore.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:36 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Thanks adelmundo, I will try that out.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:17 AM   #50
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by cornerspeed
Thanks adelmundo, I will try that out.
I have never had bone pop out before I switched to CVD
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 10:05 AM   #51
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default K Factory Hop Ups

How can I get K Factory hops ups in the USA?
XrayEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 10:28 AM   #52
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to AE_Racer

Guys, I may be getting a VoneR as a B-day present in October, but ill have to wait to get engine and starterbox etc....what engine should I get? Im more than likely gonna get that $50 ofna starter box since it is cheapest, and I had one before without probs..I want an engine that is raceworthy but will last a LLLOOONNNGGG time...im probably gonna race a bit but mainly play it in parking lot since track is an hour away..so, what engine should I get? and is the car high maintenence? Im an electric guy so I dont want to be taking it down and cleaning it after every run/race day..I just want to be able to take it and drive it whenever..well, thanks in advance for answering these question

Last edited by AE_Racer; 09-11-2001 at 10:31 AM.
AE_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 02:06 PM   #53
Tech Elite

manticore-I don't know why I have pitched front dogbones. My front track was set to the kit instructions measurments. I had pitched the left front dogbone about 5 times.

I believe the car is low maintenance. I've raced mine now 5 times and have now finnally took mine abart for maintenance and cleaning. As for motor I like the O.S. CV-R slide carb motor. Motor is great. Doesn't leak, easy to tune, and runs fast. I also use the Yok. GT-4 manifold.
Old 09-11-2001, 02:11 PM   #54
Tech Regular

If it's nitro it WILL get dirty! However the V-One R in my opinion is the best car I have ever owned for TC Sedan. It is very durable (I have only broke one part on the car in 4 months from racing at events almost every week), and very adjustable. Out of the box stock you won't go wrong. As far as engine goes, most engines will work great for the car, like your typical NovaRossi's, OS's etc. Go with an engine that your Local Hobby Shop carries and supports as far as parts go and that they can support with advice and all that. I myself have a modified Nova-Mugen MT12 engine and it works great (have raced a in probably 20 events with it so far and still using the same piston and sleeve). I have seen other people have OS CV-R's, RB X-12's, etc. in theirs, but they all provide plenty of power for you. Like I said go with one that your Local Hobby SHop carries and supports and you probably won't go wrong.
Old 09-12-2001, 09:24 AM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo
I have the new V-One R Limited Slip Differential (which is not available here in thae US but i got it from a friend who bought it in Singapore. Anyone use it yet? it seems the gears can also be put in the front diff as well. Anyone using it for the front AND the rear? I have it in the rear right now with the stock gear diffs in the front.
how much did u pay for it?
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 09:14 PM   #56

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3
Default Manitcore

How much room in the receiver department is there in the V1R? I have a Hitec dcx receiver and don't think it will fit? If heard it takes a micro receiver and don't know if the dcx is considered a micro? Its small but not as small as others! I have'nt received the car yet thats why I ask just wondering if I have to buy a new one!!!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 09:50 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Default Re: Manitcore

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
How much room in the receiver department is there in the V1R? I have a Hitec dcx receiver and don't think it will fit? If heard it takes a micro receiver and don't know if the dcx is considered a micro? Its small but not as small as others! I have'nt received the car yet thats why I ask just wondering if I have to buy a new one!!!
Sorry i dont really know how big is a Hitec dcx servo. as far as i know all current KO, Sanwa mini receiver will fit.
Old 09-13-2001, 09:51 PM   #58
Tech Champion

and i am using an LRP Phaser receiver for my V1R and it fits perfectly.
Old 09-14-2001, 11:39 AM   #59
Tech Regular

I paid $96 for the Limited Slip Differential. It's not available in the US, but it is an actual Kyosho product. I have the part number at home, so I can post it up here if anyone wants it. A friend of mine got it in Singapore and brought it back here to the US. He says it makes a big difference, but I'll wait and see. I just put it on my car and I am racing tomorrow at DELTA RC in Antioch California, so I'll try it out and let you people know how it goes.
Old 09-14-2001, 11:50 AM   #60
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo
I paid $96 for the Limited Slip Differential. It's not available in the US, but it is an actual Kyosho product. I have the part number at home, so I can post it up here if anyone wants it. A friend of mine got it in Singapore and brought it back here to the US. He says it makes a big difference, but I'll wait and see. I just put it on my car and I am racing tomorrow at DELTA RC in Antioch California, so I'll try it out and let you people know how it goes.
I believe that one is not the long waiting limited slip diff but adjustable diff.