Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Reply

Old 11-19-2002, 02:48 PM
  #5386  
rjl
Tech Fanatic
 
rjl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: OZ
Posts: 848
Default

If a rear diff, replace the 2.6x8 screws with 3x8. This will not work in the front as it distorts the pulley.
rjl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 02:53 PM
  #5387  
asd
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 530
Default

i found that my front diff was leaking a bit(my front gear diff), so i took it out, and then i made aure all teh screws were in all the way, and evenly, so i did so, and i tightened all 4 screws(i tink 4!)
adn found that it doesnt leak anymore
asd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 03:33 PM
  #5388  
asd
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 530
Default

also, does any1 know wat a "hatori" pipe is?
its a company that makes tuned pipes but i wasjus wondering if any1 knew about them
asd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 03:45 PM
  #5389  
rjl
Tech Fanatic
 
rjl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: OZ
Posts: 848
Default

They make high end pipes for pattern aircraft and helis.
rjl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 03:46 PM
  #5390  
asd
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 530
Default

lol, i have a dual chambered one for my v one rr,
i guess my lhs is lying to me, cause i jus cheked out hatori's website, and they dun even make tuned pipes for cars, oh well, its still a nice pipe i got.

Last edited by asd; 11-19-2002 at 03:52 PM.
asd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:25 PM
  #5391  
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Agree...

Originally posted by patelladragger
you also may want to try a harder shore up front. 35 is pretty aggressive a shore on the front especially if you're oversteering already. Try 40-42. If that doesn't do it try stiffening your front springs. If your track is bumpy you may not want to take out your droop.
agreed with what you've suggested...i have change to 40 shore front tyres and droop set to 3 b'cos the track is really uneven and bumpy.

I found the rear is harder when i raised the ride height to 8.5mm via the adj. shock collar.
I am thinking of changing to a Kyosho orange spring and raised the shock mounting position to 4th hole (counting from the lowest hole).
This way, i can raise the chassis more w/o having to adj. too much on the adj shock collar to avoid a harder compressed spring.

I will test it out this weekend, but what you guys' comments on this?
RClover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:27 PM
  #5392  
Tech Master
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: sleepy town
Posts: 1,279
Default Re: Agree...

Originally posted by RClover
agreed with what you've suggested...i have change to 40 shore front tyres and droop set to 3 b'cos the track is really uneven and bumpy.

I found the rear is harder when i raised the ride height to 8.5mm via the adj. shock collar.
I am thinking of changing to a Kyosho orange spring and raised the shock mounting position to 4th hole (counting from the lowest hole).
This way, i can raise the chassis more w/o having to adj. too much on the adj shock collar to avoid a harder compressed spring.

I will test it out this weekend, but what you guys' comments on this?
8.5mm???
u change your front droop to 3???
Jack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:32 PM
  #5393  
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Setup on bumpy track......

Originally posted by InitialD
It seems that you have too much off power steering from what you have described.

Firstly, try using the same front and rear ride height.

Secondly, limit your rear droop (i.e. from 4 to 6). This will limit the weight transfer from the rear to the front during off throttle.

The reason why your rear is loose can also be due to the rear droop. Limit it to 6 or 7 and try it out.
InitialD, r u using the LSA Carbon Shock Tower on your Impulse?

In my case, i have a carbon shocktower which is rather similar to the LSA ones. If raising the shock mounting position from the lowest to the 4th/ 5th hole on the shocktower, what would happen to the rear end handling?
RClover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:36 PM
  #5394  
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Re: Re: Agree...

Originally posted by Jack
8.5mm???
u change your front droop to 3???
The track is bumpy, my chassis was bottoming out at the rear the other day. I think 8.5mm is lowest ride height at that track...
Rear droop is 3.
RClover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:41 PM
  #5395  
Tech Master
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: sleepy town
Posts: 1,279
Default Re: Re: Re: Agree...

Originally posted by RClover
The track is bumpy, my chassis was bottoming out at the rear the other day. I think 8.5mm is lowest ride height at that track...
Rear droop is 3.
wait at Jurong track or MS track?
at Jurong. mine was at 5.5
rear droop at 4
Frnt at -1
my spring are pretty hard.. maybe your rear spring is too soft.
I am using the silver spring with pretty good result
Jack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:58 PM
  #5396  
Tech Adept
 
DCR1TWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 133
Default Re: Setup on bumpy track......

Originally posted by RClover
InitialD, r u using the LSA Carbon Shock Tower on your Impulse?

In my case, i have a carbon shocktower which is rather similar to the LSA ones. If raising the shock mounting position from the lowest to the 4th/ 5th hole on the shocktower, what would happen to the rear end handling?
Raising the rear shock position or making the shock stand more vertical will make the rear springs feel stiffer, allowing less weight transfer to the rear, and effectively giving you more on power steering.

If you have to much off power steering you may want to try some of the following:

Stiffer front springs
Thicker frong shock oil
Stiffer front sway bar
Less front camber
More Caster
Less front toe out
Less rear droop

If your loose on power you may want to try one of the following:

Softer rear springs
Thinner rear shock oil
Softer rear sway bar
More rear camber
Less Caster
More Rear toe in
More Front Droop
DCR1TWO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 07:43 PM
  #5397  
Tech Fanatic
 
RClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 869
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Agree...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack
wait at Jurong track or MS track?
at Jurong. mine was at 5.5
rear droop at 4
Frnt at -1
my spring are pretty hard.. maybe your rear spring is too soft.
I am using the silver spring with pretty good result
[/QUOTE

nope...i am back in Malaysia already...
if it were Jurong or MS, shouldnt have too much problem...
RClover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 07:51 PM
  #5398  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Agree...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RClover
Originally posted by Jack
wait at Jurong track or MS track?
at Jurong. mine was at 5.5
rear droop at 4
Frnt at -1
my spring are pretty hard.. maybe your rear spring is too soft.
I am using the silver spring with pretty good result
[/QUOTE

nope...i am back in Malaysia already...
if it were Jurong or MS, shouldnt have too much problem...
if you have a track that requires 8.5 ride high, you should play your rally car there instead !
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 07:55 PM
  #5399  
Tech Master
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: sleepy town
Posts: 1,279
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Agree...

Originally posted by Manticore
if you have a track that requires 8.5 ride high, you should play your rally car there instead !
what rally....???
buggy time
Jack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 08:03 PM
  #5400  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
I didnt pick on you kiddie!

btw, the ss sent out today
Thanks and for those who give a Damn my PM box is empty
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service