R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-17-2002, 06:05 AM   #5326
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MTX 3 Fuel Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Exactly. Hey, your preaching to the converted, here.
And dammit - since no one is listening to my new favourite saying, I'll have to trot it out again . . .

Most of the differences are at the transmitter end, not the receiver end.
i listen n agree !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:26 AM   #5327
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Sydewynder............ I really don't give a crap who did what first or last I like my car and I am sticking with it

Yes Serpent share many many parts from 1/10 to 235mm, but ya know their still a bitch to find

Manticore........ Did you get MY PM
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 09:30 AM   #5328
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

i agree, i LOVE my v one rr and i guess all i wanted was for kyosho to have a little more recongnition here in north america
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 06:13 PM   #5329
Tech Regular

If Kawahara made a low center of grav fuel tank that fit their carbon fiber upper deck I would be very happy.

I dont want to have to buy an Integy deck then use a K factory gas tank that has to be modded on with fatter O rings to prevent it from flopping around. Plus I trust Kawahara. Yeah the Integy/Kfactory thingy works, of course, I'm just a picky perfectionist.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-17-2002 at 06:16 PM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 06:23 PM   #5330
Tech Fanatic

Default 2 speed shaft......

goosh...the 2 speed shaft from K factory had snapped..!!! what a cheapo product ..use it only for 6 months !!! The anti-roll bar mount from k factory had also bend slightly...what a shame....!!!
I will never gonna trust k factory products again...ruin my day and now reverted to use the stock 2 speed shaft.....
which 2 speed shaft is more durable?
Thanks
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 06:28 PM   #5331
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
If Kawahara made a low center of grav fuel tank that fit their carbon fiber upper deck I would be very happy.

I dont want to have to buy an Integy deck then use a K factory gas tank that has to be modded on with fatter O rings to prevent it from flopping around. Plus I trust Kawahara. Yeah the Integy/Kfactory thingy works, of course, I'm just a picky perfectionist.
Picky Picky Picky

Gonna be waiting a long time for a Kawa Tank
Old 11-17-2002, 06:29 PM   #5332
Tech Master

Default Re: 2 speed shaft......

Hey RClover.
the stock one last forever...
hmm where u the one that i send to you on some setup?
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 06:29 PM   #5333
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
goosh...the 2 speed shaft from K factory had snapped..!!! what a cheapo product ..use it only for 6 months !!! The anti-roll bar mount from k factory had also bend slightly...what a shame....!!!
I will never gonna trust k factory products again...ruin my day and now reverted to use the stock 2 speed shaft.....
which 2 speed shaft is more durable?
Thanks
Stock one is more durable in my book I have used it for 2 years
Old 11-17-2002, 07:21 PM   #5334
Tech Regular

Quote:
Gonna be waiting a long time for a Kawa Tank
You know what? If that's what it takes, then so be it. I'll run the stock one till I'm given another option. I dont like K factory stuff. That's just me though.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 09:22 PM   #5335
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: MTX 3 Fuel Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Its the wave of the FUTURE

Remember the new Mugen and Serpent cars are doing the same as Kyosho has done, SHRINK there 1/8th cars into 1/10 tourers

Wich in my opinion is a good thing, it brings about good debates.
Yeah like what Sydewynder mentioned, I think Serpent was one of the first to shrink their bigger cars to their Impulse.

BTW, talking about interchangable parts, I just modified my Impulse with the Impact GTP body mount, like the one on the V1RR... Looks and handles good.

That's what I like about the snake... I can take quite a bit of their larger scale parts and improvise them on the Impulse. However, I don't like their prices though.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 10:37 PM   #5336
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
The anti-roll bar mount from k factory had also bend slightly...what a shame....!!!
With the K Factory front anti-roll bar, we had to mill a depression into the top of the chassis to permit sufficient clearence under heavy breaking.
The RR uses a similar "hand shake" type anti-roll bar, but it is mounted a bit higher and doesn't touch the chassis.

Is this how yours got bent?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 11:33 PM   #5337
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: 2 speed shaft......

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
With the K Factory front anti-roll bar, we had to mill a depression into the top of the chassis to permit sufficient clearence under heavy breaking.
The RR uses a similar "hand shake" type anti-roll bar, but it is mounted a bit higher and doesn't touch the chassis.

Is this how yours got bent?
hmm...i cant really recall that i hit anything hard though...that's why i am puzzled how it got bent so easily....

yes, the K factory ones would touch the chassis if under hard braking....
Old 11-17-2002, 11:40 PM   #5338
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: 2 speed shaft......

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack
Hey RClover.
the stock one last forever...
hmm where u the one that i send to you on some setup?
yea...that was me...Jack, i tried yours and my driving is bad. then i reverted to stock shock oil all round with black spring front and fivestar yellowspring rear. Front 40 shore and rear 35 shore ennetti tyres....now i can drive much better...
Thanks jack....
Old 11-17-2002, 11:58 PM   #5339
Tech Fanatic

Default 2 speed shaft...

i used to drop some tread locker to the cap screw that securing the 1st spur gear b'cos i had experienced this cap screw got loosen on a few occasions...
But when trying to diassemble the spur gears, i first removed the 18T side rear pulley, and used a 1.5mm allen wrench inserting into the hole on the 2 speed shaft which is on the left while on the right was a 2.5mm allen wrench getting ready to unscrew the cap screw.
So its almost like a twisting action with both hands turning different direction in order to get the cap screw out b4 i could remove the spur gears.

My questions are:
1) Is it necessary to apply tread locker to the cap screw which securing the spur gears?

2) Could this be the reason that the 2 speed shaft snapped into two? The breaking point is located at the pin hole of the brake pulley position. Or it is due to fatique/ wear and tear/ merely poor quality of this K factory shaft?

cheers....

Last edited by RClover; 11-18-2002 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:10 AM   #5340
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I have been running the tobee craft shafts for a while now... over 6months, without one problem.... that said, and without defending k factory as such..... what did you expect from them?

They are lighter than stock..... unless you go for titanium...... they will be weaker..... Should they have lasted longer... maybe. But hell man, 6 months of hard use isnt that bad..... not like the old hpi "heavyduty" crap. Anyone still remember owning a racer 2? those suposadly hard outdrives lasted a month at the most.
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote