R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-13-2002, 04:20 AM   #5236
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Bodyshell Selection...

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
OK intertesting. I never found any difference myself, mayby I just am not a good enough driver to feel it!

Oooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Ok I'll be nice to AMGRacer.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 04:23 AM   #5237
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jordanc
If you ever want to see a difference in a body shell, about the only one i've seen that allows in the TVR tuscan speed 6. That is without a doubt the biggest pile of crap excuse for a body shell i've ever seen.
I beg to differ. Try a Ford GT40 body
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 04:30 AM   #5238
Tech Master

Quote:
if that is actually a worse handling body and I made the mistake of buying it, I would cry...
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:58 AM   #5239
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

Quote:
Nope, the GT40 in conjuntion with a TC3 holds some very quick laps around one of our tracks...... Still not to say the GT40 is good, just not as much of a house brick as a speed6
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:29 AM   #5240
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default Re: smeltz engines

Quote:
Originally posted by kaozzlord
hi patella,are you familiar with smeltz modified engines,is he reliable,are his mods good,also do you think is woth to modify a os 12tr turbo???any help will be really appreciated
thanks
nope - haven't tried smeltz. Was going to, but after he got a lot of attention when Richey stopped doing mods he shot his price through the roof. I see where now he has dropped them down to reasonable again. Smeltz copied richey and says he does some of his own stuff to them too now, but that's the way it is with these mods, builders will tell you Richey copied some boat engine builder with his mods so pretty much all of them build off each-other. I wouldn't be afraid to try him if I knew someone, or even knew someone who knew someone that ran his engines.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:35 AM   #5241
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
That article is from Mike Q at The Starting Grid. Tekrsq dug that out about a year ago when the MTX2 people started asking how to setup the Centax.

Patelladragger you typed it all back in by hand? Ugh

Sorry wasn't here earlier or I would have point you the site so you wouldn't have to type so much.....maybe........... ok I would've.
man I went back to the SG and couldn't find it anywhere. I think it got deleted or something. I type pretty fast so it wasn't a biggie...
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 09:47 AM   #5242
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
Ive tried both.... and found the Vectra to be a little better for open tracks..... BUT after running the 300m I wouldnt turn back. It is by far the best body I have used.
Don't forget the new Stratus 2.1. Feels really good, nice and neutral also, big rear wing with aerodynamic cutouts.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 10:07 AM   #5243
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
mayby I just am not a good enough driver to feel it!

nobody is not good enough to be your own driver... have fun....
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 10:26 AM   #5244
Tech Apprentice

Default voner rubber tire set up

can anybody give me a good rubber tire set up for a v one r,im using standard diffs what oil should i useetcccc?????
Illbe racing at revelation so i need a good set up,also have you guys tried media pro tires(the ones tha come with the inserts build into it)also what tire will you recommend????
kaozzlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:10 PM   #5245
Tech Elite

Default Re: voner rubber tire set up

Quote:
Originally posted by kaozzlord
can anybody give me a good rubber tire set up for a v one r,im using standard diffs what oil should i useetcccc?????
Illbe racing at revelation so i need a good set up,also have you guys tried media pro tires(the ones tha come with the inserts build into it)also what tire will you recommend????
KAOZZ, the first thing you should do if you're going out to Revelation is ditch the rubbers. No one is using them if they race. They're the same price as a set of rubbers with all the inserts, etc. In fact if you're down there when I'm there, I could loan you some or even give you a few of my junk sets. The other thing is a one-way works well there, if you don't already have one. Right now, my basic setup for that track is 70(f)/60(r) wt Trinity shock oil with gold springs all around with 40 shore Fast tires or UFRA's (26mm front, 30mm rear). Caster set with one 1mm (thin) spacer in front. Stock shock pistons and positions, and with at least 7000-10000 weight oil in the rear diff. The negative diff works well, as well as a solid, if you can drive it. Minimal droop settings, with 4.5mm/5mm ride ht. With an MT-12 I was at 17/21, with an OS TR I was at 18/22 with the stock spurs. That may all change depending on your motor. Swaybar set to 3/4 in front with the stock black sway bar in the rear (at least until I get the new RR set). I should be there Sat. night this weekend, maybe racing sedan, possibly 1/8.

Last edited by kevink2; 11-13-2002 at 02:14 PM.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:25 PM   #5246
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bodyshell Selection...

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover

nobody is not good enough to be your own driver... have fun....
I have no idea what you are saying here.

Sparksy is right, the 300M is VERY popular due to its low roofline and very aero lines.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:27 PM   #5247
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bodyshell Selection...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Oooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Ok I'll be nice to AMGRacer.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:43 PM   #5248
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Sorry I can't tell much difference between bodies either and my lap times don't vary when I change bodies. I do find the S60 Volvo is pretty resistant to damage though.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 04:12 PM   #5249
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DCR1TWO
Patella,

I got the Zac Pipe in the mail today, and other than a few minor scratches, it looks brand new!

Thanks for getting it out to me so fast.
DCR1TWO-

Very nice looking car! I have one question regarding the graphite upper deck on your car. As you may know, the Reflex comes with a very thin and pliable graphite upper deck. On your Reflex I can see you used an aftermarket graphite upper deck. Is the graphite upper deck on your Reflex the graphite upper deck from 3 Racing? If not, what manufacturer makes it? I was thinking about puchasing an aftermarket graphite upper deck but I was not quite sure if any would accomadate the low CG fuel tank that the Reflex comes with. Did you have to make any modifications to install the low CG fuel tank? Does the aftermarket graphite upper deck your using still keep the low CG fuel tank exactly in the center of the car?

Thank you for considering to answer all these questions!

Last edited by racer rich; 11-13-2002 at 04:16 PM.
racer rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 04:22 PM   #5250
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

i agree with rjl, i find that most of the body shells perform about the same on paper. One of the body shells i didn't really like, is also the one that holds my quickest laps arounds our local track. I 've tried 300m, stratus, stratus2.0, accord, vectra, tvr, skyline. I thought they were all completely different, but none of them seampt to give me an advantage on the transponder!
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote