Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: kool car

Originally posted by kaozzlord
hey dcr,nice ride,did you use reflex parts though????
It's actually a Reflex with V-ONE R parts. I had a V-ONE R at the time and I ended up swapping out most of the Trinity parts for Kyosho. It's just better quality. Perfect fit and finish, and as durable as a MACK truck.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Bodyshell Selection...

Originally posted by RClover
U can find reviews on the bodyshell here http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=3086. There are few guys at my track running it with great success...
Judge the size of your track and get a shell that is practical rather than just the 'Look' of the car...Hope this helps....
Interesting article.

Question for you though, have you tried both these bodies, and if so did you feel a difference in the handling of that car?
Old 11-12-2002, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Nice article... the author seemed pretty sure that those 3 bodies were the way to go. Well, I guess its obvious really. Not a huge mystery as to what bodies work, but that article explained it in pretty plain English, and that was good. I'm sure there's plenty of bodies to yet be fully race tested by the general racing community and many more slated to be released. Hopefully Protoform updates the Accord soon. I quite like the look of that body and I've heard it performs pretty well.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-12-2002 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: kool car

Originally posted by kaozzlord
hey dcr,nice ride,did you use reflex parts though????
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-v1rflx.jpg  
Old 11-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Does any company make foams mounted on black rims? They all seem to be mounted on white rims, well except Serpent.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Nice article Pattella to bad I am a day late, wen't to hockey game last night so I missed out on big discussion on clutches.

Boy that v one r reflex is sure green looks good

so what body ya gonna get cali ? how about all three you know you wanna
Old 11-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by calimassive
Does any company make foams mounted on black rims? They all seem to be mounted on white rims, well except Serpent.
Not yet, but it would be cool and hard to see when you smack the boards
Old 11-12-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

I'm gonna get the Vectra. Looks solid and from what I'm hearing it sounds like it performs well too.

Yeah good point about smacking the boards. wait, u mean hard to see if your tire got chunked or something?

Last edited by calimassive; 11-12-2002 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Bodyshell Selection...

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Interesting article.

Question for you though, have you tried both these bodies, and if so did you feel a difference in the handling of that car?
In fact, i tried both bodyshell and found the Vectra to be slightly better in terms of speed in a larger track as i think my car is quite well-balanced. Handling wise, cant really feel the difference...both are excellence...!!!

cheers........
Old 11-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Bodyshell Selection...

In fact, i tried both bodyshell and found the Vectra to be slightly better in terms of speed in a larger track as i think my car is quite well-balanced. Handling wise, cant really feel the difference...both are excellence...!!!

cheers........
OK intertesting. I never found any difference myself, mayby I just am not a good enough driver to feel it!
Old 11-13-2002, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Well here is something to think about. I have a Mugen 19T pinion and a Kyosho 15T pinion on a Mugen clutchbell mating to the standard Kyosho 2 speed. The Kyosho gear has far more wear on it as they are made from softer material.

I think you are just having some bad luck.
Well, maybe the Kyosho 15T is doing more work, being a first gear.
Having said that, we purchased a Venom 22T 2nd gear 'cos a friend was impressed with it's longevity. It hasn't done many miles yet, but it certainly does seem to be wearing very well.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Bodyshell Selection...

cheers........
Ive tried both.... and found the Vectra to be a little better for open tracks..... BUT after running the 300m I wouldnt turn back. It is by far the best body I have used.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OK intertesting. I never found any difference myself
If you ever want to see a difference in a body shell, about the only one i've seen that allows in the TVR tuscan speed 6. That is without a doubt the biggest pile of crap excuse for a body shell i've ever seen.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well here is something to think about. I have a Mugen 19T pinion and a Kyosho 15T pinion on a Mugen clutchbell mating to the standard Kyosho 2 speed. The Kyosho gear has far more wear on it as they are made from softer material.
Perhaps that is the key... It's the cut angle that's the problem, not the depth of gears. I ran Kyosho pinions on the Mugen spurs, not vica verca.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Nice article Pattella to bad I am a day late, wen't to hockey game last night so I missed out on big discussion on clutches.

Boy that v one r reflex is sure green looks good

so what body ya gonna get cali ? how about all three you know you wanna

That article is from Mike Q at The Starting Grid. Tekrsq dug that out about a year ago when the MTX2 people started asking how to setup the Centax.

Patelladragger you typed it all back in by hand? Ugh

Sorry wasn't here earlier or I would have point you the site so you wouldn't have to type so much.....maybe........... ok I would've.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.