Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kevink2
Cool Daddio, 'tella is a good guy. I'd try one but I just got the STS turbo and I should have two J-Tech's soon (I hope, I sent the motors with a check but haven't heard back from Jason in a month, makes me nervous ). The STS seems promising. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll know more. Just put in that active diff too, going to give it a whirl.
a whole month? woa - that's a long time. If you want me to I will call Jason for you. I was about to send him some stuff too but not if he's that backed up.

I skipped my nitro club race to go race electric carpet regionals. lol. Big time mistake. Got my azz roasted!!! Had never driven on carpet before and it's totally different. I managed to make the A in 1/12 scale having never driven one before Friday but other than that had 2 dayz of misery trying to chase setups. No more carpet for me

1/12 is a blast to drive though!

On servos I just tried the ko 2123 FET servo - 7.2V where you have to run the FET to a power source. That thing is so crazy fast that it's really overkill as you have to dial it all way down on your radio anyway. I think any good reasonably strong/quick metal geared servo will do the trick - analog or digital. I've had great luck with futaba 9304's and 9402's, just workhorses that never seem to go wrong. Once you get above the standard level servos, the 3003's, z250's, etc., you'll be plenty fine for touring car....reliability/price become the primary issues after that.

Somebody sell me some 15/19 gearing!!!

FYI - I tried to use a superten 14T I bought from tower - doesn't work.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
a whole month? woa - that's a long time. If you want me to I will call Jason for you. I was about to send him some stuff too but not if he's that backed up.
That'd be great Patella, I don't have his number, only his address and email. I'm not in a hurry, but just want to make sure he got them and that everything's okay. Thanks man.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Yo Kev, I talked to Jason, he says he's got one of your motors already done but he's been away racing. He's sending you an email with an update and contact info ASAP.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

I skipped my nitro club race to go race electric carpet regionals. lol. Big time mistake. Got my azz roasted!!! Had never driven on carpet before and it's totally different. I managed to make the A in 1/12 scale having never driven one before Friday but other than that had 2 dayz of misery trying to chase setups. No more carpet for me

1/12 is a blast to drive though!

On servos I just tried the ko 2123 FET servo - 7.2V where you have to run the FET to a power source. That thing is so crazy fast that it's really overkill as you have to dial it all way down on your radio anyway. I think any good reasonably strong/quick metal geared servo will do the trick - analog or digital. I've had great luck with futaba 9304's and 9402's, just workhorses that never seem to go wrong. Once you get above the standard level servos, the 3003's, z250's, etc., you'll be plenty fine for touring car....reliability/price become the primary issues after that.

Somebody sell me some 15/19 gearing!!!

FYI - I tried to use a superten 14T I bought from tower - doesn't work.
12th scale, are you crazy
Would be alot different if they let you run nitro on Carpet

Tower should have them in sometime this month, YEA RIGHT
Old 11-10-2002, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Yo Kev, I talked to Jason, he says he's got one of your motors already done but he's been away racing. He's sending you an email with an update and contact info ASAP.
Sweet, you da man! If you talk to him again, tell him no sweat and I don't mean to rush him at all, just wondering!
Old 11-10-2002, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Patella: I could be wrong but didnt you mention you deal with a guy who gets Kawahara parts, They are scarce out hear on the west coast

A lil help please
Old 11-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default new to v one r

sup yall, i just got my v one r. im not new to rc, i have been racing the HPI super nitro for 2 years, but i am new to 1/10 scale pro cars. my car is box stock right now, and i run a mugen mt12 (standard plug) with a THS inline exhaust, and i use an airtronics M8 with a Hitec 625MG for steering and a JR standard for throttle. I also use the protoform stratus 1.0 as a body. my questions are:

1. got any really cool tech tips for the v one r?

2. I have been racing at my local club, where we use rubber tires and full diffs. next season, im also going to race at a really big club, with a really huge track (big enough to race 1/5 scale) and they put VHT down on the asphalt. got any cool setups for running foams, a oneway, and a solid rear axle? gearing recommendations?

thanx a bunch!

Last edited by skibum989; 11-10-2002 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Patella: I could be wrong but didnt you mention you deal with a guy who gets Kawahara parts, They are scarce out hear on the west coast

A lil help please
Yo HAG I wish I had some personal contacts for kawahara! I was probably talking about james kara on ebay from colorado, though even he has been running short on kawa stuff lately. I've been looking high and low for another solid rear to no avail.

[email protected] is his email.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:32 PM
Suspended

sup v one rr guros! im getting a v one rr this week and need more info on this car. can someone give me a good v one rr site exept for the piece of sh!t kyosho website? thanks
Old 11-10-2002, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Who has tried the Protoform Accord shell? Any good? How does it perform compared to the 1.0 Stratus/the one that comes with the V1RR? Any other shells that are close to the Stratus? I heard the Vectra shell is pretty good as well. What about the new Stratus? Looks kind of fuggly, looks wise I prefer the old Stratus.

Maxboost, good luck with the V1RR. I got mine not too long ago. Awesome car. As for websites... honestly, if you cant read Japanese I think your out of luck. But maybe some more veteran Kyosho headz can point you in the right direction. Furthermore, this particular thread is an unbelievabley rich source of info and insight into the V1R/RR. If you need help you'll find some really knowledgable and helpful people here.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-10-2002 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Initial and Hey, feel free to drop anyother pointers
Old 11-10-2002, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Kawahara Centax OR Kyosho Centax

Hi guys,
Hmm...i am looking into centax...but which is the better ones?
Kawahara or Kyosho?
Old 11-10-2002, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Kawahara Centax OR Kyosho Centax

Originally posted by RClover
Hi guys,
Hmm...i am looking into centax...but which is the better ones?
Kawahara or Kyosho?
I'm no expert but I have tried both and I like the Kawahara.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

why? give us some reasons, dont you have to use Mugen gears for the Kawa centax?
Old 11-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

you can use kyosho or mugen gears. The mugen centax drops right into the v1r. The kawahara centax works well and weighs less as a complete setup than the kyosho centax - but parts are harder to come by at the moment for it - though I've yet to have a need to replace any centax parts. There's nothing wrong with the kyosho centax though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.