R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-09-2002, 06:22 AM   #5131
Tech Regular

Thank You... makes sense.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 10:51 AM   #5132
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default Re: Re: Re: Pinions and Gears

Quote:
Originally posted by blandv
I live in Japan. Who makes the 15 gear and the 45T 2nd spur? Do I leave the others stock? Thanks.
Kyosho makes the gears

YES

changing gears will make the car get to speed faster, but don't expect to have your car go 70mph just because you cahnge your gearing, the car will only go as fast as the engine HP and tourqe will allow

Good example I changed my pinions to 15/19 just so I get more punch in the infield and the back straight at my track is only 140ft.

If the track had a 240ft straight and has sweeping infield I would go with like 17/21 or 49/45 spur to be able to handle a larger track,
But the engine will still only go only so many mph.
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:52 PM   #5133
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Patella : I found Mo Powa in my mail box today

Thanks
Uh oh, what'd ya get from Patella?!?! I feel left out!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:10 PM   #5134
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

hey guys, havent been posting lately cause hmk and stuff, but anyone wannapost some chassis pics of their cars? i forgot how good looking the v one r/rr was
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 03:03 PM   #5135
Tech Regular

Unfortunatley the Zac tuned OS engines (Squizzy has one) distributed by Kawahara are not yet going to be released in the US. It's still being worked out wether they will be imported to the US. They look really good. But, as an alternative I was considering the OS 12TR Turbo. Anyone have any experience with one?
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 04:14 PM   #5136
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to blandv
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Pinions and Gears

Quote:
Kyosho makes the gears

YES

changing gears will make the car get to speed faster, but don't expect to have your car go 70mph just because you cahnge your gearing, the car will only go as fast as the engine HP and tourqe will allow

Good example I changed my pinions to 15/19 just so I get more punch in the infield and the back straight at my track is only 140ft.

If the track had a 240ft straight and has sweeping infield I would go with like 17/21 or 49/45 spur to be able to handle a larger track,
But the engine will still only go only so many mph.
--So when I change the pinions to 15/19 do I leave the stock spurs?
--If bigger track when I change to 17/21 do I leave stock spurs or do I change spurs to 49/45 and leave pinions stock?
--What happens if I change side pulley to 25T with any of the above combinations?

Thanks Heyaligmentguy you've been a great and only help.
blandv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 04:58 PM   #5137
Tech Elite

Default Re: servos

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
OK, went out today and no-one local has got the Futaba servos so I bought a Hi-Tec hs5945-mg...no cheaper than the futaba but the specs are similar being 181oz @0.13 sec @6v at the very least better than the standard futabas and as this was the same shop that sold me dodgy JR servo they've promised to look after me should there be any problems. I guess we'll see how we go!
Thanks amgracer for the info.

gt

Let us know how it goes. I can get you some Futaba if you have trouble, for a quite nice price too
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 05:24 PM   #5138
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Uh oh, what'd ya get from Patella?!?! I feel left out!
I got a RB X12 5 port Tuuuuuurrrrbowwwwww

Don't feel left out, go out and get one

Oh yea he also sent a extra piston and sleeve
Old 11-09-2002, 05:33 PM   #5139
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pinions and Gears

Quote:
Originally posted by blandv
--So when I change the pinions to 15/19 do I leave the stock spurs?
--If bigger track when I change to 17/21 do I leave stock spurs or do I change spurs to 49/45 and leave pinions stock?
--What happens if I change side pulley to 25T with any of the above combinations?

Thanks Heyaligmentguy you've been a great and only help.
I left my spurs alone but you can change them if you want or run them in any config you so do choose, But I would try to keep the same tooth spread, You wan't to try to keep the engine at optimum RPM for best power output

25t side pully is good when you run 26mm front tires and 30mm rear tires, helps with over drive/ front tire is smaller and rear tire is taller, You wan't all four tires spinning at the same rate.
2nd part of your question: Nothing will happen when you change the side pully

What size track are you running on ??

You are welcome
Old 11-09-2002, 05:37 PM   #5140
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
Unfortunatley the Zac tuned OS engines (Squizzy has one) distributed by Kawahara are not yet going to be released in the US. It's still being worked out wether they will be imported to the US. They look really good. But, as an alternative I was considering the OS 12TR Turbo. Anyone have any experience with one?
Don't you have a RB X12 3 port? The 5 port turbo should really kick ass

I do have a TR non turbo (ON ROIDS ) its rather easy to tune and maintane, The only differnce with the OS 12TR Turbo is the head button other than that its about the same.

Unlike most other Tubo engines where there has been a mod on the crank shaft.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:21 PM   #5141
Tech Elite

Quote:
I got a RB X12 5 port Tuuuuuurrrrbowwwwww

Don't feel left out, go out and get one

Oh yea he also sent a extra piston and sleeve
Cool Daddio, 'tella is a good guy. I'd try one but I just got the STS turbo and I should have two J-Tech's soon (I hope, I sent the motors with a check but haven't heard back from Jason in a month, makes me nervous ). The STS seems promising. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll know more. Just put in that active diff too, going to give it a whirl.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:22 PM   #5142
Tech Elite

Ebay alert for anyone looking for an NIB RR for $275!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...786273147&rd=1
Old 11-10-2002, 03:34 AM   #5143
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

what shock springs besides Kyosho ones would be suitable for use on the V1RR?
Old 11-10-2002, 09:56 AM   #5144
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pinions and Gears

Quote:
I left my spurs alone but you can change them if you want or run them in any config you so do choose, But I would try to keep the same tooth spread, You wan't to try to keep the engine at optimum RPM for best power output

25t side pully is good when you run 26mm front tires and 30mm rear tires, helps with over drive/ front tire is smaller and rear tire is taller, You wan't all four tires spinning at the same rate.
2nd part of your question: Nothing will happen when you change the side pully

What size track are you running on ??

You are welcome
blanv, the reason why I cannot be specific with my answers is because I don't own a V1RR...

On a Serpent Centax, you can choose any pinion designated as 1st gear for the 1st gear and any pinion on the second gear for the 2nd gear. Generally, the rule is to go with a 3 tooth spread.

For the spurs, you can choose any combination also, so long as they are designated for the 1st gear spur and the same for the 2nd gear spur.

Example, you can use a 15T/19T pinion with a 49T / 44T spur. This is because for any pinion or spur, the diameter remains the same and constant regardless of the number of teeth. Don't know if this is the same for the V1RR Centax.

BTW, regarding the pulley conversion, you need to not only change one side pulley, you need to change some other pullys as well to change the overall gear ratio.

Since nobody who owned a V1RR could give you details of this conversion, I took the liberty to dig it out and detailed it below;

The rear middle gear of V1RR which is originally 19T is changed to 24T and this drivers the 48T rear differential pulley.

The side rear belt pulley is also changed to 24T. The other front side pulleys remain the same.

When you change this, you have to use different rear and side belts. You can use Yokomo rear belt GT-198 (198 mm in length) and Bando S3M384UK side belt (384 mm in length). I think the 384 mm belt will only fit good if you use the 24T with the 25T overdrive pulley. When you use the stock 27T pulley, then it'll be very tight. Don't know what belt size will fit the 27T and 24T pulleys...

They sell this conversion kit in Hong Kong. I believe it's marketed under the "3 Racing" brand name. It comes with 2 pullys, 2 belts and a special spacer for the 2 speed shaft as the stock spacer is integrated with the stock 19t pulley.

Surprise that coming from the land of RC, you do not have info on these things... Isn't Kyosho orginally Japanese?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 01:15 PM   #5145
Tech Master

Default AMG racer

Please pm me with pricing on the futabas.

gt

Last edited by squizzytaylor; 11-10-2002 at 05:46 PM.
squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote