R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-05-2002, 01:22 PM   #5026
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by calimassive
hey DCR1two, thanks for the pic, I cannot find the link to RCmodel though, do u have the url? Thanks so much for the help.

Thanks Squizzy, I'm really interested in getting the race model. Is that what the pic is of? The blue heat sink is really nice. Looks like a very nice engine overall. I'm assuming its nice to tune and reliable like most other OS engines, as u said. U got the sport model or the race? Thanks very much for the help...do u know of a seller online?

DCR1two, NM i found the site. Is RCModel reliable, have u gotten things there before?
I usually deal with Terrance Lam, and have had good success with getting products within a week. He must be very busy though, I emailed him last week for a quote on various spare/hopups and he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

They're also a great source for Foam tires. AMG keyed me in on that one.
DCR1TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:19 PM   #5027
Tech Master

Mine is the sport, the race is around 1.4hp....I dont need it and if i had it probly couldnt control it!
who ever does kawahara should be able to get thier hands on the zac gear, by the way did you see the photos of the liner porting on the website?
They also do 3 tuned pipes 1x legal 1x 6.5mm and a 7mm. I went with the legal pipe and it provides excellent all round performance. And it looks pretty cool too.

gt

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg (75.2 KB, 110 views)
squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:29 PM   #5028
Tech Regular

Thanks DCR1two, ill try RCModel. Thanks

Squizzy, very nice VoneRR.
The porting on the Zac OS engines looks very nice, the work on the shaft seemed to be interesting as well. But then again what do i know...lol. Wait what site were you reffering to? The Italian Kawahara site? If not, sort me out with a URL to the site ur reffering to.
The Zac OS engines are relatively new arent they? I havent seen anyone with them in my area and I havent seen them advertised anywhere. I just happened to see them on the Italian Kawahara site. I will write some emails and see what happens. Thanks alot

Last edited by calimassive; 11-05-2002 at 02:37 PM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:50 PM   #5029
Tech Master

Default ZAC

RC Imports are the US agents for Kawahara, they may be able to steer you in the right direction as to where you can buy online.
I think Zac are pretty new in the market but it also seems to take a long time for anything Japanese to filter out of there and into the main stream market. Also a lot of these companies have a good following in Japan and they can demand a premium price over there due to the average wage being so high where as to deal with the west they are being badgered for quantity discount etc.

The guy I buy off out here worked in Japan for quite a few years and accumulated a lot of contacts in the wholesalers etc so he gets information very quickly and doesnt have to wait for translated versions etc. He seems to be able to deal with some of the large companies that even some of the major importers out here cant!

Togive you an idea I saved over $350 ozzy on the car/engine combo over the price at the local LHS ( the largest in the southern hemisphere!).

The price should work out to about usd $200.00 plus freight and duty etc.

gt

Attached Images
File Type: jpg zacbox.jpg (20.7 KB, 83 views)
Old 11-05-2002, 03:27 PM   #5030
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default zac pipes

I have a zac pipe. I had a bear of time trying to get the header to stay on securely so I just gave up on it. Sounded good though.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:43 PM   #5031
Tech Adept

Default Re: zac pipes

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
I have a zac pipe. I had a bear of time trying to get the header to stay on securely so I just gave up on it. Sounded good though.
How is the durability of the Zac Pipe compared to others you tried? I recently purchased the RD Logic one. It's a great pipe, but I bent the stinger over the first time out.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:49 PM   #5032
Tech Master

I can't comment on their durability. I had all hell trying to get the header/coupler to stay on and then when it popped off the first heat I ran it the whole setup got demoted to pit box.

Manticore and the crew posted a tip a while back about cutting your stinger down some, I've done that to my RD and it's taken some pretty massive hits and held up very well.

Toughest pipe has to be the paris but it's just too darn ugly to be on any car I own
Old 11-05-2002, 03:56 PM   #5033
Tech Adept

Quote:
I can't comment on their durability. I had all hell trying to get the header/coupler to stay on and then when it popped off the first heat I ran it the whole setup got demoted to pit box.

Manticore and the crew posted a tip a while back about cutting your stinger down some, I've done that to my RD and it's taken some pretty massive hits and held up very well.

Toughest pipe has to be the paris but it's just too darn ugly to be on any car I own
LOL On the Paris pipe. If you ever want to get rid of the Zac pipe let me know. I've always wanted to try one.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:01 PM   #5034
Tech Master

40 shipped it's yours. not a ding on it, used all of 5 minutes tops.
Have the box and everything - shoot me a PM if you want it - or anybody else too. I'm sticking with inline the way I drive
Old 11-05-2002, 04:22 PM   #5035
Tech Elite

Quote:
40 shipped it's yours. not a ding on it, used all of 5 minutes tops.
Have the box and everything - shoot me a PM if you want it - or anybody else too. I'm sticking with inline the way I drive
I'l PM you about the ZAC pipe.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:37 PM   #5036
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I tried Zac 7mm pipe. It's louder, a deep throat sound, than my old Kyosho pipe. Seem to loose very little bit of low end punch but better highend speed. My old K pipe have 6mm stinger. By the way, I'm using stock OS 12TR.
The Zac pipe is too smooth and like to slide off the silicone coupler then you try to tied it down, I guess the trade off for a polished pipe. I just use a needle nose plier to flare the opening slightly bigger and the pipe stay on without any problem.

Last edited by boner; 11-06-2002 at 02:27 AM.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:59 PM   #5037
Tech Master

Default exhast couplings

A little trick i picked up is to smear a little bit of silicone on the inside of the joining tube. zip tie it and let it sit overnight, It will not come off and if you need to change it just cut it off with an exacto knife. Not much good for quick changes but it will fix the problem.

gt

Old 11-05-2002, 06:25 PM   #5038
Tech Adept

Default Re: exhast couplings

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
A little trick i picked up is to smear a little bit of silicone on the inside of the joining tube. zip tie it and let it sit overnight, It will not come off and if you need to change it just cut it off with an exacto knife. Not much good for quick changes but it will fix the problem.

gt

I usually scuff the end of the pipe slightly, flare out the end, and use pipe clamps to keep it in place. It may not be the prettiest setup, but I've haven't had a pipe come lose since.

I might give the silicone thing a try, because those pipe clamps are an eyesore.

Thanks for the info
Old 11-05-2002, 06:32 PM   #5039
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

i also use the flaring of the end of the pipe method, it works quite well
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 06:57 PM   #5040
Tech Master

Default pipes

the problem is a lot of the more expensive pipes just dont have room to do it, seems the more you pay the less you get

gt